World T20 Qualifiers March 2011/12

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I've met Gordon Drummond a few times. In fact last time I met him it was during the world T20 in the West Indies and I was making fun of him for being stuck in Edinburgh ;)

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
yeah, I can't see them being miles ahead of the best associates.

these world championship things always keep the lower ranked teams away from each other in favour of groups where a few of the top 8 play them but really, the bottom end test nations and top associates should be playing a bit more.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
interesting

Reliance ICC Rankings, ICC T20 Team Rankings, ICC Rankings Predictor

looking at this, why the hell are afghanistan even having to qualify?

they're ahead of the west indies, zimbabwe and bangladesh in the t20 rankings. (on only 4 matches played admittedly, although a good showing at the actual world championship might mean these rankings have to be taken a bit more seriously)

Totally unexpected:eek:.Can't believe the West Indies are ranked even below Afghanistan.How much more down can they get?:rolleyes:p

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hong Kong has a 16 year old playing for them.

I feel worthless now.

How does a 16 YO go about getting selected for the National side? And that too to take the new ball?

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wonder what would happen if they have a world cup with knock out format with all members. Wonder if any of the "permanent" countries will make it through :cheers They should give that a try once.

I would also like that but the probability is as low as cows starting to fly:p:lol

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
The 16 YO offspinner took 4 wickets against Denmark.

Why can't I get a game against Denmark? I bowl offspin too!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Huge game for us today. 64 runs required off 35 with 7 wickets in hand. R/R has gone over 10 but if Coetzer and Watts can stay in we have a chance.

----------

And Watts gets out - go me!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
tomorrow's game is probably bigger for us given both ireland and scotland lost to namibia. well, if we'd beat ireland that would be great, but if we don't beat italy we're probably out, and they've been in form.

there's a little bit of schadenfreude from me, knowing ireland probably will not get automatic qualification as namibia should win their remaining games. I kinda get sick of ireland strutting about like they own the associate division. however this means we'll be in direct competition for the remaining spot and while beating them in a t20 isn't impossible it will be pretty tough.

(as I understand, the two top teams play off for one spot and the 2nd and 3rd placed teams along with the loser compete for the other one. as it is I'd fancy afghanistan to go through first)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread