Wrestling thread

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
There have always been wrestlers around like that though, haven't there? I remember when Hogan was getting beat down by the guy with the Iraqi flag (forgotten his name), only to make a miraculous comeback.
Sgt Slaughter?

Yeah, Cena is similar to Hogan in the way he is booked. Hogan would get beat up but then hulk up towards the end and destroy his opponents. But, back then, wrestling wasn't on TV as often as it is these days. Watching the same thing week after week gets boring and hence we get the Cena sucks chant.

Cena turning a heel?? :spy
Cena isn't going to turn heel until WWE finds a new guy who can be the face of the company and sell loads of merchandise.

JBlues08

Club Captain
There have always been wrestlers around like that though, haven't there? I remember when Hogan was getting beat down by the guy with the Iraqi flag (forgotten his name), only to make a miraculous comeback.

Iron Sheik?

Have to agree with the rest about the story in RAW at the moment. Can't wait for Triple H to return and Kane and Undertaker's feud should be interesting in the next few weeks.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Sgt Slaughter?

Yeah, Cena is similar to Hogan in the way he is booked. Hogan would get beat up but then hulk up towards the end and destroy his opponents. But, back then, wrestling wasn't on TV as often as it is these days. Watching the same thing week after week gets boring and hence we get the Cena sucks chant.

Cena isn't going to turn heel until WWE finds a new guy who can be the face of the company and sell loads of merchandise.

No, not Sgt Slaugher - he was (and is) and American patriot! Imagine him carrying an Iraqi flag!!!!! No, I think he had battles with the Iraqi flag guy (Iron Sheik, thanks Psychic).

Iron Sheik?

Have to agree with the rest about the story in RAW at the moment. Can't wait for Triple H to return and Kane and Undertaker's feud should be interesting in the next few weeks.

Yes that's the one, cheers. :) WWE is crying out for the return of Triple H, preferably as a solo fighter. He was fun in DX and all, but he was at his best on his own - and as a bad guy. Remember when Eugene cost him the title against Benoit? He went absolutely ape the following night!

Is Chris Masters still part of the WWE? His entrance was epic. The MASTERPIECE.
;)

Yes, he was getting to be a really funny guy as well - much better as a good guy. No idea what's happened to him.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
No, not Sgt Slaugher - he was (and is) and American patriot! Imagine him carrying an Iraqi flag!!!!!
He also was an Iraqi sympathiser during his heel turn. YouTube - WWE Classics - Hulk Hogan vs Sgt. Slaughter - March 24th 1991

Is Chris Masters still part of the WWE? His entrance was epic. The MASTERPIECE.
He is a part of the Smackdown roster but he's hardly on Smackdown. He's main eventing on WWE Superstars these days. He doesn't have that awesome entrance anymore.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Yes that's the one, cheers. :) WWE is crying out for the return of Triple H, preferably as a solo fighter. He was fun in DX and all, but he was at his best on his own - and as a bad guy. Remember when Eugene cost him the title against Benoit? He went absolutely ape the following night!

Triple H tends to go ape whenever someone costs him the title last time. :laugh And I still remember the RAW episode where he returns and hammered Orton like an animal. That was Triple H in one of his best moments! :hpraise

From what I've read, they are planning to make Triple H return at the end of this year or early next year. I hope it's sooner rather than later. And since Triple H will be returning in the future, I think they need to move one or two big superstars out from RAW to Smackdown. Otherwise, I feel it will get too crowded with Cena, Orton, Edge, Nexus etc.

Also, is WWE serious on letting Jericho go again if he does not win the title at NOC?

Last edited:

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah there are rumours that Edge might move to Smackdown and Jericho will leave WWE for some time.

Bounce

County Cricketer
Sorry to change the topic, but can someone answer some questions?

In WWE, are Diesel and Kevin Nash the same?
And was Diesel the masked Kane also?

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
And who was the guy behind the mask in the battle between masked Kane and bald Kane?

Rahul is wrong about Kane, but yes Diesel is also called Kevin Nash. Kane (Glenn Jacobs) has always been Kane. When Kane got rid of his mask that was still him, and the imposter who came along was Luke Gallows (formerly Festus).

Bounce

County Cricketer
Rahul is wrong. Kane (Glenn Jacobs) has always been Kane. When Kane got rid of his mask that was still him, and the imposter who came along was Luke Gallows (formerly Festus).
This is what I have heard at most places while searching it on Google. Still, I cannot believe its Luke Gallows (Festus) who was the imposter Kane. And the stories of Kevin Nash, Diesel and Masked Kane being the same are also famous.

BTW, who is Rahul! :p
Did you mean shantanu_rooney?

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
This is what I have heard at most places while searching it on Google. Still, I cannot believe its Luke Gallows (Festus) who was the imposter Kane. And the stories of Kevin Nash, Diesel and Masked Kane being the same are also famous.

BTW, who is Rahul! :p
Did you mean shantanu_rooney?

Oh yeah, same avatar so I thought it was him sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread