Your 2 cents to make this game harder - comments

Mike

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, I think we all want to make this game little bit more competitive, so lets tell all that we can do to make it happen. I usually play 10 overs 1 day both bat and bowl. After the field editor I made some changes to the default fields so its more harder for me to score, also I increased the speed of fast bowlers so I cannot always hit Ctrl 3, cause i do get bowled, Also increase the aggresiveness of computer so when they bat they hit more sixes, and increased edge probability for more edges. Increase swing for harder judgement. Your comments appreciated.

Mike

School Cricketer
Mike,
Try BatsmanPosAdjust
DiffAffectPos 0
Max Pos Adjust 1

BallTrajectoryAdjust
DiffAffectPos 0
MaxTrajAdjust 1
in the internat.cfg file. This reduces the amount the batsman moves across the crease to get in line to play a shot. More play and misses!
If you do the same in the compbat file, the same thing with the CPU batsmen.
Play around with the values to get them how you like it.
I've also reduced VBat Ideal value. I'm not sure, but think this increases the timing needed to play a shot.
These were ideas I got from Ravi.
Cheers and good luck!

jezza2

School Cricketer
which files do u edit for this to happen, mike. also, how do u edit them,. thanx

Mike

School Cricketer
jezza2,
You'll find the following files in your main BLC folder:
internat (for 1 dayers), tinternat (for tests). I think these control your batting etc.
compbat (1 dayers) and tcompbat (tests) I think control the computers' batting etc.
If you open these files using Wordpad or something similar you can then just type in the new values on each line you wish to edit. Then save and close and give it a try in your game. If you're not happy with the way the game plays, just tinker with the values until you are. (DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES FIRST ! so you can reinstall them if necessary, and also so you can compare the original values with the ones you're changing).
The IdealWindow value is under Stroke timing in these files.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread