Tutsi's Gameplay Patch FINAL Released : Download Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Guys,

Well since directly editing the Gameplay/AI files are not yet possible, I wanted to do something to make the game a bit better in its overall gameplay. Since roster is the only thing which can be edited and released legally, I've started working on a Roster(Gameplay) Patch which improves the gameplay and makes the game a bit playable now.

TUTSI'S GAMEPLAY PATCH:

*Individual patch for each nation would be needed. You would need to use and play with the USER.DAT of each individual nation of your choice.

Features:

IMPROVED 1. Increases the "V" zone of the batsmen which makes finding the gaps more realistic. This is the thing which really annoyed me as earlier I was able to find gaps even on a packed offside field. Thankfully, with this patch, it'll be a bit harder to find gaps and easier to find fielders.

IMPROVED 2. Makes timing the ball harder than before. This is combination with the increased "V" zone makes the batting harder and much realistic.

IMPROVED 3. Shot power for batsmen has been tweaked so that every Attacking shot doesn't goes for a boundary. Now, players would really need to rely on Lofted shots for a 4 or an occasional 6.

NEW 4. The ability of the batsmen to the judge a shot for a ball bowled at a particular line and length has been tweaked. Now you can not always stroke a ball pitched outside off stump on the on-side. Doing so will either make the batsmen miss the ball completely or mis-time it. You really have to be at the pitch of the ball if you want to time it. It also adds to the realism of playing and missing the ball which has not been incorporated in the game.

NEW 5. The bowling abilities/skills of the top bowlers of the opposition teams has been tweaked to make them more difficult to face and score off. Creaming them would be a harder now.

IMPROVED 6. Initial bowling marker for bowlers has been increased so that they bowl a better variety of line and length. Their final marker may surprise you occasionally.

7. Tweaking the above parameters also slightly increases the inside as well as outside edges. Although the inside edges may irritate, the good thing is that the outside edges now will have a better ratio of carrying on to the WK or slips.

8. You will also need to be care full while defending as a ball hitting the pads will increase because of the other tweaks. So, chances of getting LBW also increase.

9. You'll also have to be more careful about your shot and direction selection as chances of missing the ball completely will be increased.

Installation:

Just replace this USER.DAT file with the old one in "My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" folder.

Credits:

barmyarmy - For his player editor.
aussie1st - As his International Roster v1.01 was used as base for this patch.

**Patch for playing as INDIA/ENGLAND/AUSTRALIA has been uploaded at the moment. You can play against any nation while play as them. The same would apply for individual patches for other nations as well. Patch for other nations would be added in subsequent time. So do keep checking every now n then.

Kindly post your feedback and suggestions regarding this FINAL version.

Attachments

• Tutsi Gameplay Patch v1.0 - INDIA.rar
    90.8 KB · Views: 4,378
  • Tutsi Gameplay Patch v1.0 - AUSTRALIA.rar
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,238
  • Tutsi Gameplay Patch v1.0 - ENGLAND.rar
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,818
Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hi Guys,

Well since directly editing the Gameplay/AI is not yet possible, I wanted to do something to make the game a bit better gameplay wise. Since roster is the only thing which can be edited and released legally, I starting thinking of ways to edit that to the gameplay better.

This is BETA patch for Batting which only works when batting as INDIA.

What it does:

1. Increases the "V" zone of the batsmen which makes finding the gaps more realistic. This is the thing which really annoyed me as earlier I was able to find gaps even on a packed offside field. Thankfully, with this patch, it'll be a bit harder to find gaps and easier to find fielders...:D

2. Makes timing the ball harder than before. This is combination with the increased "V" zone makes the batting harder and much realistic.

3. Tweaking the above parameters also slightly increases the inside as well as outside edges. Although the inside edges may irritate, the good thing is that the outside edges now will have a better ratio of carrying on to the WK or slips.

4. You will also need to be care full while defending as a ball hitting the pads will increase because of the other tweaks. So, chances of getting LBW also increase.

5. You'll also have to be more careful about your shot and direction selection as chances of missing the ball completely will be increased.

Again, this is only a BATTING patch which will only work when batting as INDIA.

Installation:
Just replace this USER.DAT file with the old one in "My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" folder.

Credits:
barmyarmy - For his player editor.
aussie1st - As his International Roster v1.01 was used as base for this patch.

Kindly post your feedback and suggestions regarding this BETA version.

I love the sound of it!

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
hmmmm :banana2 this is the first one from tutsi and i am a big fan of you man. really looking farward for gib things from you buddy

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
At least something is being done AI wise which sounds reliable. Hope this works aye.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
well normally i got 180 in a 20 20 game but i found it difficult with the patch. tryed 2-3 times and only got up to about 110-130. i keep hetting at feilders and keep giving them lot of outfeild catches as well. luckly for me AI feild settings are stupid, if not i wouldnet make even a 100 as far as my batting ability gose. super work tutsi ... i think your patch is very good for people who say batting is too easy. already looking farward for your next patch :hpraise

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
Screenshots of BETA-II

Hi guys,

Well working on BETA-II of the patch and had a really good game against South Africa playing as India. It would had been an even closer game had the AI had the common sense of placing fielders intelligently and more than 2 fielders on the outfield even after the Powerplay was over. My Indian batsmen had to play to the best of their abilities as evident in the screenshots.

Screenshots of the Scorecard and Graphs:

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-22-55-37.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-22-55-37.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 767
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-23-03-76.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-23-03-76.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 486
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-23-07-31.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-23-07-31.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 364
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-23-10-01.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-23-10-01.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 309
  • Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-23-12-79.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-09 16-23-12-79.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

Allrounder18

Banned
Just had a first match again Saf and it was kinda thriller in the end but won easily ,havent noticed any considerable change with the patch except Botha getting offsides edges of Tendy and some other batsmen ,will play against Aussies and will tell if I found any reasonable changes.

Allrounder18 added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Hi guys,

Well working on BETA-II of the patch and had a really good game against South Africa playing as India. It would had been a very closer game the AI had the common sense of placing fielders intelligently and more than 2 fielders on the outfield even after the Powerplay was over. My Indian batsmen had to play to the best of their abilities as evident in the screenshots.

Can I ask what exactly you are doing beside tweaking the roster( Dont tell if its a big secret :D)

Scored 108/4 in ten over game against Aus (with 2 wickets going down in last over) I havent find any noticeable change in the patch compare to my self made tweaks in the roster ,edges still dont carried to the slips same old continuously hit me for 4 ball by AI. Guess we have to wait for the proper hacking of that w32 file.

Last edited:

Allrounder18

Banned
Hi guys,

Well working on BETA-II of the patch and had a really good game against South Africa playing as India. It would had been a very closer game the AI had the common sense of placing fielders intelligently and more than 2 fielders on the outfield even after the Powerplay was over. My Indian batsmen had to play to the best of their abilities as evident in the screenshots.

Sounds interesting but I am not sure how exactly have you implemented it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread