YOUR VOICE – IN THE GAME!! [Entries Closed]

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It’s been a while….. but here we are again for another round of Early Septembering fun and games!

Don Bradman Cricket 17 is to be released late in 2016, and yes, that’s about as good a guess as we can give right now. Is there any point in me asking that you don’t ask for a more exact release date? Probably not…. anyway, moving on, one of the most popular audio features in the original DBC was the ground announcer. At Big Ant we strive to involve the community as much as we can and want to bring some things never before done to our games, and so we thought it would be cool if we could get you guys to do localised ground announcing for us. You could be the new 12th man!!

So, the idea is, playing in Essex? Wouldn't it be nice to hear a Pommie announcer that has an accent to match the area. Delhi? How about an announcer that speaks Hindi?

We're offering you fans the chance of immortality by way of having your own voice in the game as a selectable ground announcer. If you have a microphone and think you've got what it takes, we want to hear you!

So, to business.... "How can I audition?"

1. Record yourself reading the follow lines:

"Ladies and gentlemen, hello and welcome to this one day international match between South Africa and Pakistan."

"Please give a big round of applause for the opening batsmen as they make their way out to the middle."

"End of the over - New Zealand are 208 for 2."

2. Save your recording (either as individual files per line, or as a single file) - .wav is preferable, but any common audio format is fine.

3. Attach your recording(s) to this thread.

4. We will get back to those shortlisted with the full announcer script!

We hope to include as many of the best voices as we can (within reason).

For non-English speakers - stay tuned! We will be releasing translated audition script soon.

For the rest of you, we look forward to hearing what you've got!

Cheers,

Ross.

PS: Yeah, I know, it's not Friday, we'll own them again soon, but there's this guy that kinda owns tomorrow so I decided to get in early...

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is going to be amazing! I might try my hand at this in English & Hindi. And if you guys are going for a more localised version, I can do Punjabi and Marathi comm too. :)
Yes, I might help in the local lans too. In India we have more than 100 languages.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Fantastic !

Might try my voice in Hindi, English and If you want Bhojpuri too :p

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Okay please do not derail the thread. Let us keep it clean and actually post our recordings instead of all these posts.

BRAB

International Coach
I love this. Crowdsource as much as you can guys, this community has always been clamouring to contribute to cricket gaming.

PristineR

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It’s been a while….. but here we are again for another round of Early Septembering fun and games!

Don Bradman Cricket 17 is to be released late in 2016, and yes, that’s about as good a guess as we can give right now. Is there any point in me asking that you don’t ask for a more exact release date? Probably not…. anyway, moving on, one of the most popular audio features in the original DBC was the ground announcer. At Big Ant we strive to involve the community as much as we can and want to bring some things never before done to our games, and so we thought it would be cool if we could get you guys to do localised ground announcing for us. You could be the new 12th man!!

So, the idea is, playing in Essex? Wouldn't it be nice to hear a Pommie announcer that has an accent to match the area. Delhi? How about an announcer that speaks Hindi?

We're offering you fans the chance of immortality by way of having your own voice in the game as a selectable ground announcer. If you have a microphone and think you've got what it takes, we want to hear you!

So, to business.... "How can I audition?"

1. Record yourself reading the follow lines:

"Ladies and gentlemen, hello and welcome to this one day international match between South Africa and Pakistan."

"Please give a big round of applause for the opening batsmen as they make their way out to the middle."

"End of the over - New Zealand are 208 for 2."

2. Save your recording (either as individual files per line, or as a single file) - .wav is preferable, but any common audio format is fine.

3. Attach your recording(s) to this thread.

4. We will get back to those shortlisted with the full announcer script!

We hope to include as many of the best voices as we can (within reason).

For non-English speakers - stay tuned! We will be releasing translated audition script soon.

For the rest of you, we look forward to hearing what you've got!

Cheers,

Ross.

PS: Yeah, I know, it's not Friday, we'll own them again soon, but there's this guy that kinda owns tomorrow so I decided to get in early...

Here's what i can do. Hope you guys will like.. Anyways great concept BIG ANT!!

Attachments

• DBC.zip
    168.7 KB · Views: 471

Rob Stanworth

Club Captain
Would it be great if impersonators provided commentary? Billy Birmingham for example?! Make it happen big ant! Could have the Tony and bill aggro going on and Richie benaud's tchoo tchoo tchoo. Oh and Marvellous could be the theme song?

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will do this for English, Hindi and Punjabi. I am Punjabi by local so it is good. Thanks Ross for this.

RedskinsUK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Awesome Ross.

Better get my best pommie announcer voice trained lol.

Cant wait for the next DBC. :clap:clap

Users who are viewing this thread