Your Cricket Your worst head injury, which helmet would you never wear again?

A1Cricketer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What are your experiences with copping one in the head while batting/WK?

Dodgy make of the helmet? Weak grill?

Post any inury or mangled helmet pics too!

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Hahaha this reminds me of my only head injury on the cricket field. Funnily enough I was fielding. I was on the Mid-Wicket boundary when the batsmen skied one straight out to me. The sun was shining straight in my eyes but I held my ground because I'm not exactly going to deliberately leave a catch. I put my hands up to catch it but I couldn't exactly see the ball so it landed straight on my forehead, but somehow as it bounced off I managed to trap it against my head and claim the catch. I was then taken from the field and started spewing up, apparently that can happen after a hard knock to the head.

The worst thing was I had my sunnies on my head instead of on my eyes. The ball demolished them anyway :facepalm

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
lol. At least you took the catch. I've never been hit in the head with a ball while fielding and only once while batting where I top edged it onto my helmet and it went way up over the keepers head for 2. I had no idea where it went... Neither did the keeper.

blake

School Cricketer
Once I got rattled from a bouncer from this opening bowler.. helmet stood firm though. And so did I.

Got skittled the next ball.

harrisb

International Coach
Hahaha this reminds me of my only head injury on the cricket field. Funnily enough I was fielding. I was on the Mid-Wicket boundary when the batsmen skied one straight out to me. The sun was shining straight in my eyes but I held my ground because I'm not exactly going to deliberately leave a catch. I put my hands up to catch it but I couldn't exactly see the ball so it landed straight on my forehead, but somehow as it bounced off I managed to trap it against my head and claim the catch. I was then taken from the field and started spewing up, apparently that can happen after a hard knock to the head.

The worst thing was I had my sunnies on my head instead of on my eyes. The ball demolished them anyway :facepalm

The same thing happened to me a few years back, i was fielding at long on, we'd moved back to try and catch this slogger, and he skied one which from where i was standing went straight into the sun, i stuck my hands out, but it ended up smashing my nose, i took the catch, but had to go straight to the hospital and have my nose sorted out.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Nothing, thankfully, except a few edges into my helmet grille. The shell of my helmet has never been touched.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hate helmets!:crying

Manly

Thor
n745755267_2164381_2529.jpg

n745755267_2164382_2785.jpg

Had to retire hurt after that one, still don't wear a lid.

P

pcfan123

Wow that looks intense, pretty stupid not to wear a helmet, if it ever gets you in the temple it could be game over, even at a moderate speed

Manly

Thor
I've got better technique against the short ball these days.

Tom, I woulda carried on, but the blood was starting to collect in the popping crease.

Users who are viewing this thread