Zimbabwe in South Africa

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
andrew_nixon said:
Zimbabwe actually started pretty well, with them at 79/2 from 11 overs when Duffin got out. But no-one other than their top three got into dpuble figures. Useless really. Although the Netherlands conceded a world record score in their 1st ODI against Sri Lanka back in July, they didn't disgrace themselves with their batting like this.
It's a lack of exposure though. Due to the top players dropping out/being pushed out, no one else is good enough to play Cricket in other countries to a high level. Whereas the Netherlands had a couple of county players and regulars in English League Cricket to prepare them for different teams/conditions.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Blimey, Zimbabwe are in the 20th over, and have only lost one wicket! They've only scored 63 mind, but I think that Zimbabwe need to concentrate on not losing wickets before they think about making bigger scores.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
19 overs gone and Zimbabwe are 59-1. A cautious start would be the nicest way to describe it, but they are going to have to step up the run rate sooner or later. Am not getting the telecast, but according to Cricinfo, Vusi Sibanda has looked good so far

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well in an attempt to up that rate, Zimbabwe have now lost four wickets including that of Sibanda. Two wickets for Jacques Kallis.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
1st ODI Result

Zimbabwe innings: 201/7 (Sibanda 51)
South Africa innings: 202/5 (Dippenaar 85 not out, Duminy 60)

South Africa win by 5 wickets

I must say I've not been too impressed with South Africa's showing in this game.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
A really good game on Zimbabwe's part, but South Africa will really need to pull thier socks up for the next games, they were really unconvincing today and Zimbabwe almost deserved to sneak the win.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They did enough to win it, none of the batsmen apart from Dippenaar and Duminy got scores.
There were quite a few economical bowlers in Kallis, Nitini and Pollock basically making it impossible for Zim to get a good total.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Well I tried to find an internet audio stream for this game but a certain Saffer was no help at all so I had to make do with looking at a scorecard. :p Anyone got a link for audio?

Hariz

International Cricketer
Zimbabwe have certainly surprised many including me with this performance. They lack some patience and composure otherwise this target was proving to be a tough task for South Africa, who did'nt look all that comfortable in the beginning but grabbed some crucial wickets in the end.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Not a bad result for the Zimbabweians. I hope they can win the next ODI.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Not again, the rain has washed out half of the cricket this summer, so good that they have only postponed it.

zub2005

International Coach
is there anywhere you can watch this channel is it coming on tv

Users who are viewing this thread