Zimbabwe

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Discussion for Zimbabwe's 2011 World Cup campaign.

Zimbabwe World Cup squad: Elton Chigumbura (capt), Regis Chakabva, Charles Coventry, Graeme Cremer, Craig Ervine, Sean Ervine, Gregory Lamb, Shingirai Masakadza, Christopher Mpofu, Raymond Price, Edward Rainsford, Tatenda Taibu, Brendan Taylor, Prosper Utseya, Sean Williams

Non-travelling reserves: Terrence Duffin, Tinotenda Mawoyo, Njabulo Ncube, Tinashe Panyangara, Vusimuzi Sibanda

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Sean Ervine has come back for Zimbabwe just to play for the World Cup, it seems. I would have like to see Grant Flower playing in this World Cup.

Zimbabwe's problem is that they don't have a decent opener. Also they included Regis Chakabva, who is an inexperienced player.

These are the reserves of Zimbabwe:

Non-travelling reserves: Terrence Duffin, Tinotenda Mawoyo, Njabulo Ncube, Tinashe Panyangara, Vusimuzi Sibanda

I would say they could have named better back-ups then these unknown players.

Sean Ervine in Zimbabwe's finalised World Cup squad
ESPNcricinfo staff
January 12, 2011
Zimbabwe news: Sean Ervine in Zimbabwe's finalised World Cup squad | Zimbabwe Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

2black2good

School Cricketer
Zimbabwe's problem is that they don't have a decent opener.

Brendan Taylor does a pretty decent job of it. Surprised to see Hamilton Masakadza didn't make the cut, if I can recall he and Taylor had a fairly formidable opening combination going for Zim.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
I am really really surprised to see that there is no Masakadza and no Blignaut. Both can be real assets. Especially Masakadza as he is a great opener and he and Taylor form a good opening pair:)

Varun

ICC Board Member
I am really really surprised to see that there is no Masakadza and no Blignaut. Both can be real assets. Especially Masakadza as he is a great opener and he and Taylor form a good opening pair:)

This. Masakadza scored a 175 a year or two ago I guess?

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
No wonder Zim cricket isn't developing. Poor decision by selectors pulls them back, few bad games for one of their best openers(currently) and they drop him from world cup squad :eek:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How can you possibly drop Mazakadza? He is the best non-test batsman in the world. They deserve to lose if they are going to drop such a player.

Varun

ICC Board Member
How can you possibly drop Mazakadza? He is the best non-test batsman in the world. They deserve to lose if they are going to drop such a player.

Second best. Ryan Ten Doeschate FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread