Zimbabwe's tour of Pakistan - May 2015

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Zimbabwe Cricket confirms Pakistan tour | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Zimbabwe Cricket Board confirmed a tour to Pakistan today. It will be the first tour by a full member in Pakistan after almost 7 years. This is the discussion thread for the tour. The fixtures of the tour as follows.

T20Is
22 May : Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
24 May : Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

ODIs
26 May : Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
29 May : Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
31 May : Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

Zimbabwe Squad (16-Men)
Elton Chigumbura (c), Sikandar Raza, Chamu Chibhabha, Charles Coventry, Graeme Cremer, Roy Kaia, Sean Williams, Craig Ervine, Hamilton Masakadza, Christopher Mpofu, Richmond Mutumbami, Tinashe Panyangara, Tawanda Mupariwa, Prosper Utseya, Vusimuzi Sibanda & Brian Vetori.

Pakistan Twenty20 Squad (15)
Shahid Afridi (capt), Sarfraz Ahmed (vc), Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Hafeez, Mukhtar Ahmed, Nauman Anwar, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Mohammad Rizwan, Anwar Ali, Hammad Azam, Imad Wasim, Bilawal Bhatti, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Sami

CFWq8OnXIAAFJmQ.jpg

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Zimbabwe are to be given 'presidential level security' so hopefully everything goes nice and smoothly. Apparently all matches are to be played in Lahore.

I don't however, think that this tour will mean the likes of Australia, England and India will be rushing to tour Pakistan, that will take much longer time but perhaps it will open the door for Bangladesh/Ireland to consider touring.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Yes, this won't mean that Pakistan will be hosting Australia or South Africa or India in the next couple of years, though I see teams like Bangladesh, West Indies and the Associates coming to Pakistan after this tour. I think that all the matches should've been played in small but safe cities like Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Gujranwala or Bahawalpur instead of big, yet insecure cities like Lahore or Karachi.

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Zimbabwe are to be given 'presidential level security' so hopefully everything goes nice and smoothly.
I think that's exactly what the Pakistan government told the Sri Lanka team in 2009... (remember that SL was a replacement for India who withdrew)

I really hope the tour goes smoothly.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Did they? I didn't know that.

Wasn't the Sri Lankan bus only accompanied by a few police cars? You'd think this time round they would shut off the road or something like that.

Somebody who lives in Lahore will obviously correct me on this but isn't the hotel like literally right next door to the cricket stadium? So transferring the players to the ground shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think they've even installed new high security fencing as well.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Apparently this is Pakistan's hottest period of the year with temperatures reaching a maximum of 45 degrees! :eek: They should have a drinks break after every 10 overs.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Apparently this is Pakistan's hottest period of the year with temperatures reaching a maximum of 45 degrees! :eek: They should have a drinks break after every 10 overs.
No, the hottest time of the year is from August to October. It's been raining in most of the areas of Punjab, including Lahore. The best part is that, it only rains at night. Hopefully, these matches won't be interrupted because the rain will go away in a few days, leaving cool winds and breezes in the city of Lahore.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Uncapped Roy Kaia in Zimbabwe squad | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Zimbabwe squad: Elton Chigumbura (capt), Sikandar Raza, Chamu Chibhabha, Charles Coventry, Graeme Cremer, Craig Ervine, Roy Kaia, Hamilton Masakadza, Christopher Mpofu, Tawanda Mupariwa, Richmond Mutumbami, Tinashe Panyangara, Vusi Sibanda, Prosper Utseya, Brian Vitori, Sean Williams

^Not too many complaints really, apart from Utseya of course. Good to see Cremer and Coventry back.

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Taylor's obviously irreplaceable, but that's an interesting squad they've put together. Shame they're missing Chatara who I think would give their bowling attack a bit more bite.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
The problem with Zimbabwe is that they do not tour very well. I'd be surprised if they win any of the matches. I think some of the players have improved against playing spin and of course it helps to have Dav Whatmore (former Pakistan coach) in charge.

No warm up matches either which makes it even more difficult.

Will there be uproar if Pakistan lose to Zimbabwe? Or will the fans just generally be happy that cricket has returned to their country?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
^ I don't think that is official? Haven't read any news from cricinfo yet.

Users who are viewing this thread