Pakistan tour of Zimbabwe, Sep 2011

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lol, are you Pak fans happy with a 10 wicket win? :p

Haha, I would take a 10 wicket win any day considering our batting, but 'Fail'hat has been given wayy too many undeserved chances. Hes booked his spot for the next two series. Its time we move to better players.

Pretty solid win. Hafeez has got 3 centuries this year (albeit against NZ, WI & ZIM) and seems to have turned over a new leaf. If only we had Butt, we would have finally had a decent opening pair :facepalm

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Biggest disappointment of the match was Farhat getting a 75 and justifying his selection, not in my eyes though. I would hate to see him play another series for Pakistan.
Junaid Khan looked impressive today and bowled pretty quick. I would love to see him continue to improve.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Farhat has just booked his position for next 5 matches atleast. Its a real shame!
There are more then 10 openers in the domestic circuit who all are far more better then this fatty farhat but still this PCB is selecting him in each and every series. Irony is that he has also got "central contract" by PCB.

On the basis of this 75 he might also get a chance in test against Srilanka as well.

Owzat

International Coach
Shame Zimbabwe couldn't make more of a fist of it, too many ordinary bowlers and not enough classy batsmen. Must be very hard to create any pressure with only 2-3 decent batsmen and 1 or 2 decent bowlers.

They simply didn't score enough. If there is a positive to be taken from this, I guess they at least scored 200+ which should be the aim of any Test side.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Decent start by Pakistan. Enough overs left with Misbah still there to get get 250+. I still don't understand why Shafiq is at 3, really, the who ever decides this aspect of the team is a fool. A younger player should be shielded, and cushioned between two more experienced batsmen. Khan should come up above with Shafiq at 4. Does anyone know why Junaid is not playing today?

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Decent start by Pakistan. Enough overs left with Misbah still there to get get 250+. I still don't understand why Shafiq is at 3, really, the who ever decides this aspect of the team is a fool. A younger player should be shielded, and cushioned between two more experienced batsmen. Khan should come up above with Shafiq at 4. Does anyone know why Junaid is not playing today?

You need to give young players experience in different positions. I read somewhere that Junaid Khan pulled up sore after the last ODI, ankle or leg? Also they are rotating players, which is normal.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
In 250-280 chases, you can't write off an early partnership of substance, but to give Hafeez 2 rpo seems unnecessarily dire.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
if Zimbabwe continue this type of performance they can give a tough time to New Zealand Zimbabwe has improved a lot since returning to cricket

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
You need to give young players experience in different positions. I read somewhere that Junaid Khan pulled up sore after the last ODI, ankle or leg? Also they are rotating players, which is normal.

Shafiq I'm sure is being groomed to replace Y Khan, but you can't throw him into the lions den. While Khan is around, allow him to bat at four, he gains more experience and learns from the master.
Khan is injured?
And yeah, I guess against Zimbabwe trying a couple other guys won't hurt much.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
You wouldn't say he's as talented as someone like Umar Akmal, but he's more organised, without being organised beyond strokeplay like Azhar Ali. His execution might be lacking, but I can see why they prefer him up the order.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pakistan has been facing Quality batsmen drought through the last decade. The same crap is rehashed. Farhat and Nazeer are examples of that crap. Asad Shafiq is not extraordinary but he seems determined and values his wicket. He should not be dropped and should be given a continuous run in the team. He can be a very good ODI and test player for us. I have never like Umar Akmal though. That whole Akmal family is crooked if you ask me.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Imran Farhat seems to me no talent but a big "Parchee".

As far as Cheema goes, "Isska Qeema bana day ga koi Batsman kisi din"

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Well Cheema has done nothing wrong, so his selection can be justified and he should be our back up pacer. Disappointed by Sohail Khan and Sohail Tanveer, was expecting them to be the better bowlers.

Shafiq is one for the future, and I liked the idea of him opening in the T20. Hafeez has just been sensational so far, but I would really want him to show what he can do against Sri Lanka. He seems to have turned his career around. Raja wasnt impressive, give him another game and see what he does. Adnan Akmal doesnt inspire confidence with the bat, and his stats arent that impressive either.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Asad Shafiq looks the part. Have been very impressed with him so far. He is not flashy or a genius, but we need hard workers like him to keep the ship afloat. I don't know, but for some reason he reminds me of Mohd. Yousuf.

Users who are viewing this thread