Pakistan tour of Zimbabwe, Sep 2011

Addy

National Board President
no its just that cheema had enough resources to be in the squad.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Debuting Cheema against Zimbabwe was a right decsion. He is performing very well in Pakistan domestic side and he is among the top wicket takers so it was his right to atleast debut once for Pakistan. But one point must be kept in mind that PCB or selectors didn't pick him so that they can groom him for future it was just to give an old domestic player some honor for his services in the domestic. Every one knows that Cheema will not even play more then 3-4 tests at maximum.

Aamir has nothing to do with these domestic veterns debuts. These bowlers were bowling very well in domestic from a long time but bad luck was that they were not as good as our previous bowlers were and they were always ignored.
Another bowler who needs more exposure is Anwer Ali, he must be given a chance to bowl and excell in Internation level....

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Not if you're a fast bowler debuting for a team that is looking to go forward. Thing is, it shows the PCB mindset if they're debuting FC veterans like Tanvir or Cheema. They're just looking for a stop-gap solution until Aamir's return. They're thinking they can get about 5 years out of these veterans, just to hold on long enough until golden boy returns.

They should be looking ahead. Aamir's history, and they should treat his suspension as such. Look for new guys, like Junaid, who do have the potential to be world-class and given them a chance.

Um this logic certainly fails when we look at the age of our captain. Surely if PCBs idea is to build a team for the future then they should start with the captain.

Personally if Cheema does a good job against the top nations I dont see age as such a big hindrance. Ideally you would want someone in 20s to play TEST cricket. Ajmal came back to the side when he was 29 30ish, if he was treated as such, we wouldnt have had easily the second best offspinner in the world right now. Cheema isnt even first choice just yet, hes probably only coming when our first choice players are rested.

On Nasir Jamsheds issue lol, cant see him holding a T20 spot at this point let alone TESTs. Last few games he was a massive fail couldnt seem to play the ball outside of against Sri Lanka. Manzoor is the ideal opener to partner Hafeez. I would back Ali to do the job hes an opener by nature and we can get in Shafiq in the squad too.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I would back Ali to do the job hes an opener by nature and we can get in Shafiq in the squad too.

I would second that.Well had somebody seen Azhar Ali trying play Big shot? :spy He was looking stupid.I was thinking that we should try him in ODI as well.But he forced me to change my mind

Addy

National Board President
Looking forward to the new guy Rameez Raja, I hope he gets a chance and avails it well.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I hope that Cheema will perform well in ODI, Rather I wish, But in my view he looks as if we say in urdu "Jis din kisi Batsman kay Haathey char gia na kisi kay bohat maar khaayee gaa yeh"

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I'd be disappointed if Pakistan couldn't completely towel Zimbabwe. They're not at their pomp and the home side look like they have some confidence, but still....

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Another Pathetic Performance by our Batting.Misbah continues to get out on his crappy Reverse sweep.Umar Akmal Waited for the Umpires to take the Powerplay and got out before.Adnan Akmal didn't Drink Bournvita n his childhood.Imran Farhat continues to give headache to his father in law and Hafeez as always got a start and threw his wicket.Same Script as always

----------

Please Zimbabwe beat us 3-0.That's the only way i see Ejaz butt going off

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Akmals were trying to ensure Pakistan lost but somehow we won. Pathetic show to say the last. I hope Imran Farhat's head is shoved up Butt's ass. I will call Will Smith for that if I have to.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Pakistan barely won against such a lowly side, the batting has been woeful as always. A terrible display and the bowling, although filled with C level guys managed to win Pak the game, usual story then.

Users who are viewing this thread