Zimbabwe's tour of Pakistan - May 2015

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Zimbabwe again showing that they're not just there to give Pakistan someone to play against. Really looking forward to the ODIs.

SixerBoy11

Chairman of Selectors
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
PAKISTAN ODI SQUAD:-

Azhar Ali :c:, Ahmed Shehzad, Anwar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam, Hammad Azam, Haris Sohail, Imad Wasim, Junaid Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Sami, Sarfraz Ahmed, Shoaib Malik, Wahab Riaz & Yasir Shah.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
[HASHTAG]#CricketComesHome[/HASHTAG] Alhamdulillah What a great show in these two matches. The crowd was full of energy. It was great to see Qaddafi Stadium packed with patriots once again. :) Pakistani crowd also showed they don't create a pin-drop silence after getting hit for a four or six by the opposition team unlike some others in this region. They equally supported Zimbabwe. Insha'ALLAH more teams will visit in future.

At one-point in life, we thought Cricket will never come back to us, but nothing is permanent in life and things are heading towards positivity gradually Alhamdulillah

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Great win for Pakistan, although anwar and sami were horrible. They should be replaced by imad and junaid respectively. And azhar should be a bit more attacking when we're fielding

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Anwar Ali can be pretty usable on seaming tracks but he is quite useless on flat wickets. He was on his high once, He came very late in the squad and i guess he didn't get the right guidance and coaching he deserved from the Greats. He had the potential of becoming a very good player. Now it seems, He has gone completely off the track. Sami's cricket has been over a few years ago, We can call him "Chala Hua Kaartooos" (A Bullet which has ended its tenure) So He won't harm any batsman with his bowling anymore. I guess the positives are Shoaib Malik's come back, Haris Sohail & Yasir Shah (A good find)

Personally, I am not satisfied at all with Azhar Ali being the captain. He seems defensive in nature just like the ex-captain Misbah-Ul-Haq. We definitely need an attacking plus thinking captain. Not Shahid Afridi anymore, but we needed someone else.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No mention of Chigumbura's first international century??? I'm surprised Zimbabwe scored the amount of runs that they did but ultimately it was the bowlers that let us down again.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No mention of Chigumbura's first international century??? I'm surprised Zimbabwe scored the amount of runs that they did but ultimately it was the bowlers that let us down again.
chigumbura played well but he was batting like dhoni did in the semifinal vs aus. he should've started attacking when he was batting with williams

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
^Well that's a big blow. Hopefully they'll now give Roy Kaia his debut.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Just ran through some of the series scorecards and is the likes of Sohail Khan, Rahat Ali, Eshan Adil, Imran Khan injured? Bit surprised to see that Sami has been resurrected and played.

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Not sure I agree with suspending a player on a tour that isn't even fully condoned by the ICC. I get that maintaining a "normal" RR is required for commercial purposes, etc. and this was determined to be a rather severe violation, but I haven't encountered even one person who watched the match complain about the run rate. As far as I'm concerned, the tour's been a spectacular success from a commercial perspective, if not a cricketing one. Suspension aside, a 40% match fine might not be a big deal for the millionaires in the Indian or Australian teams, but it's huge for the Zimbabwe team, whose best players have already long been leaving the country for financial reasons. The only reason ZC agreed on the tour to begin with is that the board and the players need the money and the cricket badly enough that they would, at least according to some authorities, "risk their lives" to do it. If the ICC cares so much, why aren't their own match officials in Pakistan right now?

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Vusi Sibanda 13 off 47 balls on a pitch where previously 700 runs were scored :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread