Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishwanathsv

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you playing someone else on 1.15.10? If not, there is the potential for the game to crash due to mis-matches in code.

Ideally, if you want to play online in any capacity, do so in the 1.15.9 build.
Thanks for reply .. Hope it ll sort out soon HBK16!

D

Dutch

Are you playing someone else on 1.15.10? If not, there is the potential for the game to crash due to mis-matches in code.

Ideally, if you want to play online in any capacity, do so in the 1.15.9 build.

Ever the professional! Good job I dont work for you guys......anyway you already have one person willing to shout his mouth off! :p

The_Pharoah

International Coach
It's definitely not scripted.

you sure? I got the exact same result 3 times in a row.

In the end i just kept playing.

One bug is still consistent though...the scores not updating each over. We'll go for 3-120 to 0-0[P] and then it will come good a few balls later.

Re being able to edit the team list - do you know if this is even on the cards?

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Looking forward to the new patch.

Appreciate this is slightly off topic, but would be great if the edges to slips could be increased in frequency.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The game crashes whenever I take a wicket on career mode....Is it better to stick on to 1.15.9 as of now??

And even the field for all bowlers doesnt seem to work in the beta in career mode....

grkrama

National Board President
you sure? I got the exact same result 3 times in a row.

the engine is bound to give a particular result, if you feed the exact same identical factors, will it make it scripted ?

I too had come across this simming the save and getting identical score, but the answer is just let the AI play a few balls view it and then sim again the results will be different according to the factors after those balls or overs/

so its certainly not scripted but if the engine is fed with the exact identical inputs its going to give the exact identical output.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
the engine is bound to give a particular result, if you feed the exact same identical factors, will it make it scripted ?

I too had come across this simming the save and getting identical score, but the answer is just let the AI play a few balls view it and then sim again the results will be different according to the factors after those balls or overs/

so its certainly not scripted but if the engine is fed with the exact identical inputs its going to give the exact identical output.

Sorry dude but that's not how simulations work. Simulations are based on probabilities and you don't get the same "output" everytime. That's the reason when you perform predictive modeling, the accuracy of the results is directly proportional to the number of simulations runs, coz you will get varied and different results but over a large sample size, you get an idea of what the outcome might be.

I can see where @The_Pharoah is coming from as odds of 3 consecutive simulations leading to the same exact score (61-3 in this case) should be pretty high. The reason I can think of the same score across multiple simulations is that the state/score when crash occurred somehow got saved in the save file and when the game resumed it replicated the same score.

Reactions: Pat

grkrama

National Board President
That's the reason when you perform predictive modeling, the accuracy of the results is directly proportional to the number of simulations runs, coz you will get varied and different results but over a large sample size, you get an idea of what the outcome might be.

i believe the engine runs on various match factor inputs at a particular point without change its going to give the same results cause... there is no need to have predictive modelling for that point when you know the inputs. Anyway just play a ball or watch a ball the results vary with simualtion its certainly not scripted.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys had a couple of crashes to desktop today, which I have never experienced. Captured the scenario in order to help maybe understand the cause.

The crash occurs as the video ends, also there's a little run out bug in the video which i'm presuming maybe the cause?

Appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting into this game.

Yeah this is happening on my machine too. Tried to play local Co-op, the game crashed after the first wicket. But only if I select the set for all bowlers/batsmen option.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
i believe the engine runs on various match factor inputs at a particular point without change its going to give the same results cause... there is no need to have predictive modelling for that point when you know the inputs. Anyway just play a ball or watch a ball the results vary with simualtion its certainly not scripted.

I will say it again... simulation is not 2+2=4 and you get the same exact output. Simulation won't and shouldn't give out the same score of 61/3 everytime. If that's the case then it's scripting, i.e. pre-determined set of outcomes based on finite combination of inputs, not simulation.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I will say it again... simulation is not 2+2=4 and you get the same exact output. Simulation won't and shouldn't give out the same score of 61/3 everytime. If that's the case then it's scripting, i.e. pre-determined set of outcomes based on finite combination of inputs, not simulation.

This was my thoughts as well....like I said 3 times, same exact score when simmed. I just kept playing anyway so it didn't bother me too much. TBH I can cope with that kind of scripting or whatever (assuming it happens) because it keeps the game interesting.

What really irks me though is the fact I can't change players in the team. Every other cricket game I've played gave you the ability to change players. I know this must have flow on effects for how the career mode works but seeing the same players in the teams (esp when you replace all at a certain point) just kills the immersion. I was hoping someone could mod it or something but I don't see anything changing anytime soon. :(

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
What really irks me though is the fact I can't change players in the team. Every other cricket game I've played gave you the ability to change players. I know this must have flow on effects for how the career mode works but seeing the same players in the teams (esp when you replace all at a certain point) just kills the immersion. I was hoping someone could mod it or something but I don't see anything changing anytime soon. :(

Given it's the first iteration of the game and considering this was the first time career mode made an appearance in a cricket game, we sort of knew it would be a basic career mode which will be enhanced in future iterations. Player regeneration, injuries, changing squad and introducing tourneys such as world cup within the career mode would be the next step and hopefully will be there in the future iteration or versions of DBC franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread