Gaming PC or Console

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
My full specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
GPU: Nvidia 6600GT 128mb
RAM: 1gb (soon to be upgraded to 2gb)
Sound: Audigy 4

I would recommend a Dual Core processor, simply because that is how times are changing. Getting a single core now would be pointless as games will soon need more processing power.

You probably heard bad press about them when they first came out. I can assure you that you could pick up a very good one for ?60 and get a new motherboard for ?20.

With all them upgrades and 2GB RAM, you'd run the upcoming Crysis very well indeed.

It is hard to get a high end gaming system in India. Can anyone suggest me a good system.

No i Mean for playing games like the games graphic and all that

For the rip off price that you got your PS3 for, you could have bought the best PC parts on the market and had a killer PC which will not be outdated for several years.

The PS3's days are numbered by Xmas in my opinion. My mate and I were discussing the PS3's apparent graphical "advantage", and could name PC games from 2004 onwards that have better visuals.

The next gen video cards will blow the PS3 out of the water. Oh wait, they already have...

Yeah, top computers are much better than any console in terms of both processing power and graphics, it's just that games are still developed for the low/mid-end computers and those games are nowhere near what will happen on PS3.
It's all about sales, if a company makes a game that will only run on high-end computers, it won't sell much. The same high-end game would sell loads on PS3 because they are working with only one base which doesn't vary in consoles while all sorts of different PCs are available.
That is why I think PC will be stuck in the past for a long while.
that would be true if the assumption "a typical high end PC's power is equal to PS3 power" was true. PS3 comes nowhere near in matching a powerful PC. forget that.

For the rip off price that you got your PS3 for, you could have bought the best PC parts on the market and had a killer PC which will not be outdated for several years.

The PS3's days are numbered by Xmas in my opinion. My mate and I were discussing the PS3's apparent graphical "advantage", and could name PC games from 2004 onwards that have better visuals.

The next gen video cards will blow the PS3 out of the water. Oh wait, they already have...

I agree 100%. PC's are miles better than consoles and I can't see the gap closing!

Summed up my words in one line ! :D

PC PC PC PC PC ! I would shout this a hundred times ! I dont remember exactly but somewhere i read that xbox 360 graphics are lacking behind pc dx 10 because Xbox 360 doesnt have any SM4 architecture !

Moreover, the upgradeability in pc is much more. You dont always need to buy a full pc. You can always upgrade the part which is lagging. Which is not so in the Consoles - New console out and get ready to be bankrupt.

Yep and just look at the price of the PS3's games!!

I would recommend a Dual Core processor, simply because that is how times are changing. Getting a single core now would be pointless as games will soon need more processing power.

You probably heard bad press about them when they first came out. I can assure you that you could pick up a very good one for ?60 and get a new motherboard for ?20.

With all them upgrades and 2GB RAM, you'd run the upcoming Crysis very well indeed.

Could you give me a couple of examples of Motherboards and dual core processors I could get for that price? I'd prefer to stick with AMD and Nvidia if possible.

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of installing the game on Pc But The games i like playing Cricket games on PC

Users who are viewing this thread