The FA Cup Thread

sd92

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Evo, who are the owners of Everton at the minute? Obviously relatively wealthy, but not on the level of Man City's owners etc. etc. What would the chances be of them putting the club up for sale, and some loaded Arab coming in and giving you the boost you need to get you into the top four? I'm sure if you were up for sale someone like that would, 'cos it surely wouldn't take all that much investment, and you've got a great manager, great academy, some great players and the potential for a great new stadium in place. It would certainly be interesting...

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/441284-post11.html

A season, in which, I'll remind you, United won the league.:D

Anyone who predicts a PL season with Spurs in the top 4 in place of United is a complete and utter joke fan.

A big fat unlucky vaughan to that one. The berk.

And Simon, Bill Kenwright and Planet Hollywood own/invest in us. We're absolutely skint but Kenwright is ready to sell but it seems Arab billionaires would rather take over at Portsmouth than the 5th best team in the league.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Anyone who predicts a PL season with Spurs in the top 4 in place of United is a complete and utter joke fan.

A big fat unlucky vaughan to that one. The berk.

And Simon, Bill Kenwright and Planet Hollywood own/invest in us. We're absolutely skint but Kenwright is ready to sell but it seems Arab billionaires would rather take over at Portsmouth than the 5th best team in the league.

You have to laugh at what Vaughan said there!! What, so because Chelskovskiloni had won (bought) the league a couple of times, it becomes their 'registered trademark'? Utd more or less owned the damn trophy back in the 90's and we've just won it three more times on the spin as well...

Last edited:

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
It was funny that Matt actually thought Phil Neville would actually ever lift the trophy. Personally I do not rate this trophy that much, not for Chelsea, who are technically league title contenders, and the cup competition would be at the very most, seen as a bonus. But it was good for them to end the season with a win, nevertheless.

Last edited:

sd92

International Coach
I'm surprised Sheikh Mohammed hasn't bought you, Evo. He's the Dubai ruler, a horse racing legend and the company colours of most of his companies, and his racing stable are Royal Blue!! Seems strange. He's tried to buy Liverpool and Arsenal though, but couldn't get a deal, I'm surprised he hasn't been tempted by Everton.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
He did try to buy Liverpool, but not Arsenal. His "Emirates Airlines" company however sponsor the team and the stadium. He does not like mediocrity, so I doubt he'll ever go for Everton.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
He did try to buy Liverpool, but not Arsenal. His "Emirates Airlines" company however sponsor the team and the stadium. He does not like mediocrity, so I doubt he'll ever go for Everton.
Your snide remarks about Everton being medicore are a bit rich when you are a Madrid fan.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
The true hallmark of a joke fan is to immediately assume that the better team on paper has a 100% guarantee to win. Unlucky vaughan, your a joke fan. You don't support a team who's even from your country = joke fan. You support more than one team = joke fan. You don't support the nation you are from = joke fan.

And you still won't admit that Barca are better than you = epic fail, joke fan.

Highlander999

ICC President
Because you were playing against Chelsea, a much stronger team.

TBF, I used to think that at times you were baited, however, you are just showing to me why you get so much crap.

I was really rooting for Everton in that match, would have loved to have seen the underdogs win. Still it wasn't a total mauling, Everton did put up a good fight

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
We were outplayed, but it's not as if we shouldn't have been there. If it was Scolari's Chelsea we'd have won.

PhilD123

International Coach
Because you were playing against Chelsea, a much stronger team.
Osasuna 2-1 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 1-3 Mallorca
Villareal 3-2 Real Madrid
Valencia 3-0 Real Madrid

They're the results from Madrid's last 4 games. Unless you'd like to admit that Real Madrid are worse than them teams (it's probably not that far off the truth with Villareal), I'd change your school of thought.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Thats a stupid comparision. Real Madrid are stronger than all four of those sides (even the current one). But the situation was different. Real were playing them having pretty much lost the title race, while Chelsea were playing in a cup final, with everything to play for.

Everton might have a bigger history (I dont know), but on current form Chelsea would beat them more often than not. On the same lines, Barca, Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and even Inter Milan would beat us on current form. But then that wont make either of them a better club than us just because of one poor season (or even ten for that matter).

I have admitted that Barca were the better team, this season ONLY. Just like we were better than them last season, and the one before that. Keep comparing season by season and you'll see we have been better more number of times, so yes, Barca are not better than us.

Users who are viewing this thread