WRESTLING Smackdown vs Raw Online

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Finally, the WWE has come back to the PC?

Is this trailer for real?

YouTube - Smackdown vs Raw online pc new trailer!!!

I think it is, because Gamespot also mention this game:

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw Online for PC - WWE Smackdown vs. Raw Online PC Game - WWE Smackdown vs. Raw Online Computer Game

There's precious little info there, but still - looks official!

The only thing is, if it's online, will it just be an unconnected sequence of matches? That'll get boring quickly. If it is online only, I don't see how any sort of career mode can be had. It would be typical though - you wait for years for a WWE PC game, and then it's online only. And as others have said before, even the slightest bit of lag will kill a WWE game online.

Here's a quote from the horse's mouth (THQ):

About WWE SmackDown vs RAW Online

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW Online is a fighting action game that allows players to enter the world of the WWE and play as their favorite Superstar. Players can create their own Superstar to compete and seek virtual wealth and fame in order to achieve the ultimate ranking in the Hall of Fame. Offering single player and multi-player modes, players can earn respect and points to unlock special features, items and level up their rankings. Players can purchase additional items, abilities and themes to enhance and personalize their Superstar in this exciting head-to-head online wrestling experience. The game will offer ongoing content updates and features to enhance the players' experience as they progress through the ranks, as well as season mode. Players will also be able to enter the lobby to challenge opponents, shop or interact with other connected players. WWE SmackDown vs. RAW Online provides the ultimate wrestling experience appealing to both beginner and advanced PC-online players.

I still don't get how you can have Season Mode online.

Edit: It appears it's not going to be made by Yukes, but by JAKKS Pacific - isn't that the dev. responsible for the less than brilliant WWE Raw on PC? Either way, I think this is the last chance for a WWE game on PC. If it does well, maybe they'll make follow ups, with proper offline content. If not, I don't think we'll see another one - look how long this one took to show up!

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Still don't get why they only want it online but I'll wait for the reviews before getting the game. From the quote it seems you can play single player so hopefully that takes out the lag factor.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Still don't get why they only want it online but I'll wait for the reviews before getting the game. From the quote it seems you can play single player so hopefully that takes out the lag factor.

If singleplayer means Career mode, then the long wait for a PC WWE game is finally over. Have you watched the trailer? The game looks amazing - and one of the things about WWE games is the action and outcomes are not at all scripted, of course. Like you though, I'll be waiting for reviews, and maybe a demo. As I said before though, this one's got to do well, otherwise it'll be another eight years (or more, maybe never) until we see another WWE game on PC. Let's hope something similar happens with a boxing game.

It would be just like the PC to wait for ages for a WWE game, and then to be graced with the best one ever...

Last edited:

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
If its only online, I'd imagine they are doing so to prevent piracy. THQ doesn't like making PC games. I hope this one turns out good.

Either way, I think this is the last chance for a WWE game on PC. If it does well, maybe they'll make follow ups, with proper offline content. If not, I don't think we'll see another one - look how long this one took to show up!
You can always emulate PS2 SVR games on the PC though.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
the game must be good and it generally made for online play with great modes i hope and could be coustimizeable whats the release date?

Well, some people who claim to work for THQ posted on youtube, citing June 10th as the release, but I don't know. It'd be nice though - the sooner the better I say (if the game's ready, of course). I'd much prefer it if the game was made by Yukes and not Jakks Pacific, but the animation and collision detection looks fine going by the trailer. Of course, we can't always rely on that being the case for the full game.

So, how could an online season work? Could it be a situation where you're playing HHH for example, and you have a match against Edge, so the game chooses someone who's happy to play as Edge as your opponent? I can't see how Season mode online would work otherwise (it could get tedious if you only ever play against custom created wrestlers, instead of the real ones). If the former is the case though, it'll be brilliant - imagine a season mode where all your opponents are human controlled! As I said, this has the potential to be the best WWE game ever. And then there's the sweet idea of a Royal Rumble, where everyone is controlled by a human!! It better have Royal Rumble in it!

Frankly, I can't wait for this game - it's now my most anticipated game of the year.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry I have to break this but this is SVR 2010 not SVR Online.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Sorry I have to break this but this is SVR 2010 not SVR Online.

No - it's Smackdown vs Raw Online, for the PC. Look at this video:

YouTube - 'WWE Smackdown vs Raw Online' Press Conference : Part 1/6

It's from the official press conference. It's definitely the PC online game. Towards the beginning of the video, it says just that - and that's clearly coming from a presentation screen, not some video that could be doctored. Also, at the end of the video, you can see it says 'JAKKS Pacific', not Yukes, who make the SvR games. I'd rather it was Yukes, but at least some sort of WWE game is finally on the way to the PC.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors

It's from the official press conference. It's definitely the PC online game. Towards the beginning of the video, it says just that - and that's clearly coming from a presentation screen, not some video that could be doctored. Also, at the end of the video, you can see it says 'JAKKS Pacific', not Yukes, who make the SvR games. I'd rather it was Yukes, but at least some sort of WWE game is finally on the way to the PC.
Don't believe all that is posted on Youtube is official and true. The scenes and CAWs are from SVR 2010.

There is no mention of this press conference on any of the sites associated with WWE games

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The game's also mentioned on Gamespot, so it's not just a 'post what you want' site like youtube. Well, we'll see soon enough, eh? :)

Edit: Maybe it uses SvR 2010's engine - that would probably make more sense than developing a completely new engine for PC. It'd do me, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Gurjot95

National Board President

yeah, I also highly doubt that graphics are of PC version as THQ is fooling the PC games for many years.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
As far my experience has been online in SVR 2010, I have found lot of lag even though I have very good internet speed. Most players online are behind slow connection :facepalm

Params7

International Cricketer
Isn't being made by Yukes? Won't be as good as the console SvR games.

Users who are viewing this thread