Nov 25-29: 1st Test: Australia v England at Brisbane

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well played England took this pop gun attack to all parts. Should finally get the selectors to get rid of Johnson.

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well its pretty rare that the entire bowling attack is put to shreds, and not a single wicket amongst them. Johnson sure looks bad, but to be honest he mostly always bowls the same, but this time no cheap stupid dismissals to make his his bad figures look half decent. Doug Bollinger must feel like changing countries, bloke averages 24 in test cricket, give me a freaking break. The warning has been given loud and clear by England, are we listening at all??????? These guys aint gonna roll over.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
This is so goddamn satisfying. Especially given how the crims thought they had it in the bag when Hussey and Haddin where batting.

Should bring the rest of the batsmen out in reverse order to really rub it in.

ferg512

International Coach
I'm feeling a bit sorry for Johnson at the moment tbh, or perhaps embarrassed. He talked about how he would shake them up with his pace and his performance has been so bad he is on the verge of being dropped. I seriously can't see them dropping him for Adelaide, he is the so called attack leader, but then again who knows what they'll do. Who the heck would've thought Doherty would have been picked over Hauritz?

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
And to think this match wasn't even supposed to last 5 days. The next test match is at Adelaide and we all know how "sporting" that pitch is. :rolleyes

ChefMan21

Club Cricketer
Dump North and Johnson, bring in Bollinger and Ferguson, Khawaja, or Smith. Keep Doherty in the side and use Smith as an allrounder (like Johnson) so we have dual spinners. Alternatively an out and out batsman. Hussey has probably saved himself for the next 3-6 months.

woodzy

Club Cricketer
Dump North and Johnson, bring in Bollinger and Ferguson, Khawaja, or Smith. Keep Doherty in the side and use Smith as an allrounder (like Johnson) so we have dual spinners. Alternatively an out and out batsman. Hussey has probably saved himself for the next 3-6 months.
I wouldnt be bringing in any kids unless id absolutely had to; you dont win anything with kids!! You need experienced cricketers who have played alot of first class cricket. The pressure the ashes is too great. Also Steve Smith is massively overrated; he cant bowl and hes only an average batsman who is nothing near the quality required at international level. I wish Phil Jaques would get some runs, and id pick him as an opener and id move Katich to 6. Id also be begging Brad Hodge to come out of retirement! As for the bowling, im struggling to see how Ryan Harris isnt being given his chance...hes been bowling brilliantly at first class level and deserves his chance. When hes played at international level hes actually troubled batsmen.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Was listening to Grandstand, and Aggers was saying that Cook is third on the list of most Test centuries before the age of 26, behind Tendulkar and Bradman. Not too shabby.

ChefMan21

Club Cricketer
I wouldnt be bringing in any kids unless id absolutely had to; you dont win anything with kids!! You need experienced cricketers who have played alot of first class cricket. The pressure the ashes is too great. Also Steve Smith is massively overrated; he cant bowl and hes only an average batsman who is nothing near the quality required at international level. I wish Phil Jaques would get some runs, and id pick him as an opener and id move Katich to 6. Id also be begging Brad Hodge to come out of retirement! As for the bowling, im struggling to see how Ryan Harris isnt being given his chance...hes been bowling brilliantly at first class level and deserves his chance. When hes played at international level hes actually troubled batsmen.

I can see your point about youngsters but we are 1/445. The experienced guys have done bugger all. The entire team looks flat. Get some youth and exuberance in the squad.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Just a few months ago people were calling for Cook's head and now he being compared (rightfully so, statistically at least) to Tendulkar and Bradman. Cricket is a funny game...

Users who are viewing this thread