Feb 27 - India v England

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow, watched the game on Sky+. We should have won the game by a country mile, but in the end, I'm happy(ish) with a Tie, given we needed 10 an over with the bowlers batting.

We need to get Jimmy in to some form, he looks a bit low in confidence. Bresnan was superb today as was Strauss.

Frustrating, because we should have won, on the other hand, Bell should have been out and Strauss nicked two that no one heard.

I hear there's a new game been invented called "Yardy sticks", it's like Pooh sticks but more sh1t :thumbs

India should have finished us off, made the target much bigger and probably fell 10-30 runs shy of what they could have reached through wicket loss.

IND 304/3 (45.5 overs, rpo 6.63)
IND 338 (49.5 overs rpo 6.78)

They added 34 off 4 overs, somewhat disappointing 8.00 rpo considering they were bombing along at 6.63 and had SEVEN wickets in hand. Then again England also went from a very strong position to one from which they only just sneaked a draw and frankly should have managed to win even at the death

ENG 281/2 (42.3 overs, rpo 6.61)
ENG 289/6 (45.2 overs, rpo 6.38)
ENG 338/8 (50.0 overs, rpo 6.76)

From that position of strength at 281/2 England added just 57 more runs for six wickets at 7.60 runs per over. Neither side really made good use of the overs at the death, considering they both sustained a run rate near 6-7 all the way through, there was little acceleration.

Could Yardy be the luckiest man to be playing ODIs? Not really a bowler but thrown in for 25 ODIs to chuck muck down and take his wickets at one run shy of FIFTY apiece and with a batting average of a modest 22.86 which is largely down to EIGHT not outs in 22 innings (36%)

But in truth we were not good and Anderson was woeful for the second match in a row. 1/91 off 9.5 overs to follow up his 0/72 against Holland. Supposedly England best bowler. Is he really? Shahzad could have done with a bit more experience leading up to the World Cup, England need a better spinner than a batsman chucking down lefties and calling it spin and frankly it is only the captain's knock of 158 that got us close anyway. Don't know why so many are surprised he can bat, he's always shown he can be as positive/aggressive as anyone, he just had to temper that in Tests when it went a bit wrong for him for a while (last NZ tour?)

Oh and big :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs, not my favourite player and another bits n pieces player most of the time, but he bowled well and deserved his 5wi. Just a shame some of the others didn't bowl a little bit better, a lot in Anderson's case, and maybe a total of nearer 300 than 350 would have been chaseable.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well what happens to the vCash now? I had placed a bet of all I had, was hoping the event to be abandoned and not to be closed without a result.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Well, someone settled it as no winning outcome. I discussed it with one of the admins and that is actually a correct result. It can't be reversed. All events with tie will be settled as no winning outcomes. That is what happens in real.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
This just shows how weak is our bowling, How the fearsome tweak can we let them chase 338. If a batting lineup like England's can rake up 338, then what would South Africa do to us.
South Africa is surely a better bowling and batting unit than England, we'll screwed there.
We can't win the WC like this.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, someone settled it as no winning outcome. I discussed it with one of the admins and that is actually a correct result. It can't be reversed. All events with tie will be settled as no winning outcomes. That is what happens in real.

I was under the impression that if there is no winning outcome then everyone gets their money back

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
No, the amounts are gone. Only when an event is abandoned, you get your bets back.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors

That does not happen in real life. All cricket matches that end as a tie result in the bet being voided. Know myself as I had a ?10 on it and got my money back.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Well, maybe. But, Sylvester told me they settle it here this way. I myself would have abandoned the event really but, before that someone settled it.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ha ha, Icy. What you think, ah? Other teams have also come to win. The SC pitches are such that runs will be leaked. If it wasn't for Zaheer's effort, it could have been worse.

Highlander999

ICC President
There is a way for the vCash to be returned but it is a very long and boring job for the admins to make it happen, so I imagine they won't bother ;)

That's the risk when you gamble people :yes

Users who are viewing this thread