Feb 27 - India v England

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Indias bowling attack could end up being a real problem in the latter stages, with their batting line up they are always going to get the runs but their bowlers will probably struggle to defend it. Makes me think Australia and South Africa could have a better chance than them now..

Sureshot

Executive member
Wow, watched the game on Sky+. We should have won the game by a country mile, but in the end, I'm happy(ish) with a Tie, given we needed 10 an over with the bowlers batting.

We need to get Jimmy in to some form, he looks a bit low in confidence. Bresnan was superb today as was Strauss.

Frustrating, because we should have won, on the other hand, Bell should have been out and Strauss nicked two that no one heard.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, watched the game on Sky+. We should have won the game by a country mile, but in the end, I'm happy(ish) with a Tie, given we needed 10 an over with the bowlers batting.

We need to get Jimmy in to some form, he looks a bit low in confidence. Bresnan was superb today as was Strauss.

Frustrating, because we should have won, on the other hand, Bell should have been out and Strauss nicked two that no one heard.

With the Bell dismissal i dont know. In the years long before URDS came out many people would complain when umpires give batsmen out LBW when they they where so far out of the crease/on the front front against the quicks or spin. Since an umpire realistically cant be as sure the ball with hit the stumps compared to when the batsman is struck on the back-foot.

So maybe those people who made URDS realised that even their technology cant be 100% accurate when that happens, thus i believe Bell or any batsman in the future should be given the benefit of the doubt in such a situation.

On the Strauss edges. Ha well i know the commentators where making alot of noise that Strauss got edges at the time, but im not too convinced he hit any of them TBH.

Sureshot

Executive member
The first edge was very obvious, 2nd, there was definitely a noise, and it could really only have come from the bat.

As for the LBW, yes there's the stride of batsman to take in to account, but it's guidance for the umpire more than anything, it was obvious the ball was hitting the stumps, it hit him in-line with off-stump (that is the only reason why Billy couldn't have given it) and I think he got very lucky. On pitches like that LBW's are a lot easier, it's not Perth ;) Though it's still the hardest decision for umpires to make.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Just seen the highlights. England should have won that easily. Don't know what to put it down to, but the fact that the 2 set batsmen were gone in consecutive balls has to be down to brilliant bowling.

Batting powerplay isn't really helping anyone - batters hate to take it, capatains dread to field to it. Makes for some brilliant watching :D

And what an innings from Strauss :clap Could be the knock of the tournament. Didn't think he was capable of producing such a knock - KP should take notes.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
180.jpg

Sureshot

Executive member
Just seen the highlights. England should have won that easily. Don't know what to put it down to, but the fact that the 2 set batsmen were gone in consecutive balls has to be down to brilliant bowling.

Batting powerplay isn't really helping anyone - batters hate to take it, capatains dread to field to it. Makes for some brilliant watching :D

And what an innings from Strauss :clap Could be the knock of the tournament. Didn't think he was capable of producing such a knock - KP should take notes.

KP looked in great nick till the Patel fluke.

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Odd, a lot of people are saying England threw it away, which is true they probably did, based on where they were before the last 10 overs. However, India did as well, if not more so, firstly they should be able to defend 330 odd and they could have got maybe a little more, however, moreover with England's tail and needing about 29 off 12, India should won from there.

Anyway, amazing game.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Odd, a lot of people are saying England threw it away, which is true they probably did, based on where they were before the last 10 overs. However, India did as well, if not more so, firstly they should be able to defend 330 odd and they could have got maybe a little more, however, moreover with England's tail and needing about 29 off 12, India should won from there.

Anyway, amazing game.

Both teams threw it away - England first and then India - but India should never have even been given the chance.

coolz_hari

International Coach
England were very lucky to make it as a tie match. Strauss was out in zaheer's 2nd over only. Dhoni didn't appeal. Bell was given not out of a plumb LBW decision. what ever it is great game of cricket . well played both the teams.

BlueString

School Cricketer
Glad I didn't watch the whole game, 700+ runs scored in 100 overs is just not cricket to me.

My point exactly. I couldn't believe the commentators praising the pitch. What happened to battle between bat and ball? It's time for them to stop tailoring pitches to India's jacked up batting line up and set up for the long term . . . they were playing on a freaking mattress!

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
18 wickets fell...how often does that happen in ODI cricket. Granted, at least half of them were thrown away tho.

AkshayC

County Cricketer
That was a total pack of thrill.England still fought back in the game because of their lower order after the giant partnership of Bell and Strauss.Talking about India if Indians are not winning the match with the target of 338 then do we need to make 400 or 450 to win.Pretty lame bowling by us & that's the fact we will always be struggling in the rest of the matches if this bowling continues.

Users who are viewing this thread