Mar 30 - Pakistan v India (Semi-Final 2)

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mar 30 - Pakistan v India (Semi-Final 2) : The Final Frontier

I won't be able to watch. I don't think my heart can handle it.

Is that dedication, obsession, or plain lameness?

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I am just getting chills just thinking about it. I cant take another loss from them. We are the better team in this world cup and a victory for India is certainly undeserving :p

Also, I am outnumbered 20 to 1 in terms of Indian-Pakistani in my hall. Wont be able to take in the torture. On the other hand if we win...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Facing India in Mohali against a rampaging home crowd (mostly the Jats) is going to be pressure of epic proportions for Pakistan. They should pray that they dont face India in the semis.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
I think that as viewers we have both matured enough not to take India/Pak encounters with the same fanaticism as we used to a decade back. It shall be fun to watch for all & I can assume that not many would turn for work that day ;)

We are the better team in this world cup and a victory for India is certainly undeserving :p

This I don't believe, Both India & PAK have lost 1 game each in the group stages. While we lost to the mighty Proteas, you lost to the out of form Kiwis ;). This is childish & fruitless debate, so its best that outcome of our matches decide that which team is the better one.

----------

Facing India in Mohali against a rampaging home crowd (mostly the Jats) is going to be pressure of epic proportions for Pakistan..

Not just Jats add the ferocious Jatts into the crowd too . Its gonna be thundering in there. But traditionally they are well behaved & they don't stone anybody too.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I don't think I could handle it if we lost against Pakistan :noway.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'd be confident going into a match against Pakistan. 36-years of unbeaten World Cup head-to-head can't just be luck.

:p

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pakistan must turn the tables on India and this is as good as any time to do it. I am very assured by our bowling. It has always been like this with India Pakistan clashes. Our bowling vs their batting. Our bowling has prevailed except for in the world cup clashes :facepalm.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We are the better team in this world cup and a victory for India is certainly undeserving :p...

Oh shut up. You got an easy group and you faced Australia in the last game when your QF spot was sealed (though good on you that you beat them). India have beaten West Indies, tied with England and almost pulled it off against SA. If India and Pak meet in the semis, whoever wins will deserve it.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I won't be able to watch. I don't think my heart can handle it.

Is that dedication, obsession, or plain lameness?

You are`nt the only one my friend, but thats India-Pakistan cricket at its best, The last time we faced Pakistan was also an almost knockout like game in the Asia Cup which turned out to be a thriller.

I don`t see an India-Pak game happening in the semis. One of the 2 teams will miss out on the bus to the semis.:noway

I remember that in the 2000 ICC Knockout Trophy, everyone was anticipating an India-Pakistan final when India faced South Africa in the semis and Pakistan faced NZ, the easier semifinal of the two. In the end, NZ beat Pakistan and although India went on to beat SA, NZ won the trophy.

The only time I remember the encounter actually happening was in the 2007 T20 WC, where India beat Australia to reach the finals after Pak beat NZ.
Is it only me, or do Pakistan always draw NZ in the semis of big events! In fact, I can clearly remember us facing Australia in the quarters of 1998 and 2000 ICC Knockouts and the 2007 T20 WC semis. Our semifinal opponents in 2002 and 2000 ICC Champions Trophy were SA. And we`ve won all these games previously:-)

This India-Aus q/f is too close to call. I favor Australia 55-45.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Facing India in Mohali against a rampaging home crowd (mostly the Jats) is going to be pressure of epic proportions for Pakistan. They should pray that they dont face India in the semis.

The pressure will be more on India because of their home crowd and thunderous expectations.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I hope the ferocious Jatts do not ruin the match here, in case we end up in a precarious position, given ,of course that we beat the mighty Aussies.

I'd be confident going into a match against Pakistan. 36-years of unbeaten World Cup head-to-head can't just be luck.

:p

On the other hand, to reach there, we need to create a piece of history by beating Australia. The last time we did so in a World Cup was way back in 1983- to be precise 28 years ago.

So, in about 8 encounters v Australia, we have won only 1 in a World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread