Champions League Twenty20 2011

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I would assume they remain kolpaks. Same way the IPL teams are supposed to play 4 overseas (I guess Mumbai are the exception) and the Big Bash teams can play their two overseas players (if they have them).

I would expect them to be considered internationals tbh, thats like the rule in English county and shouldnt be in the CLT20, but then BCCI have been twisting it for IPL so I guess its fair.

If Mumbai wins this tournament, that should be it. :facepalm

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The stadium at Chennai looks great. Saw it from outside. The floodlights were glaring and were absolutely bright. The temperature is cold though.

Doodlesweaver

Club Cricketer
Well done to Warner for his back to back centuries but both innings really must be put in context as with those of Kohli, Gayle etc. the bowling was absolutely disgraceful just littered with half volleys and full tosses on a piece of mud.

I agree with this. I got hacked off with the bowling from RCB while NSW were batting but the game got no better in the second innings. It's like the bowlers had collectively given up from the beginning of the match. Watching Moises Henriques and Starc bowl good length ball (or half-volley) ball after ball did my head in. Steve Smith bowled mostly short deliveries, Pat Cummins bowled ONE yorker - which took a wicket.

Good luck to whoever takes the big money home, but sheesh, I don't want to see too many more matches like that. T20 is already too much in favour of batsmen.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mumbai Indians, The Most Disgraceful Team of Champions League in FINAL ................. PATHETIC !! Their Fans are even more DISGRACE !!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
You can put any 7 Indians on the field when you have overseas players like that. Malinga is tough for most International batsman, but near on impossible for Domestic players. Just annoying that Kieswetter got in the way of Buttler's drive, which could have made it very interesting.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
MI are riding a lucky charm here. Coming with a team that was dented by injuries to big league players, they survived scares in two games (against CSK and T&T), had a washout and came to the semis, and now survived another almost gone game to reach the finals.

As for the finalists, one team I dislike (RCB), the other, I feel should not have been there (Don't now call me a CSK biased supporter; CSK also didnt deserve to be there). Anyways, hope the audience who watch the final are entertained.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
You can put any 7 Indians on the field when you have overseas players like that. Malinga is tough for most International batsman, but near on impossible for Domestic players. Just annoying that Kieswetter got in the way of Buttler's drive, which could have made it very interesting.

Perfectly put.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

And the excuses starts.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
MI are riding a lucky charm here. Coming with a team that was dented by injuries to big league players, they survived scares in two games (against CSK and T&T), had a washout and came to the semis, and now survived another almost gone game to reach the finals.

As for the finalists, one team I dislike (RCB), the other, I feel should not have been there (Don't now call me a CSK biased supporter; CSK also didnt deserve to be there). Anyways, hope the audience who watch the final are entertained.

well i told you before tournament started Mumbai indians will reach here because they don't have sachin. Because i feel sachin is most unlucky guy. it was harbhajan who gave 19th over to Franklin, if there was sachin he would have gone for Harbhajan or pollard and they would have been taken apart for 15 - 17 runs.

Rayudu kept very poorly, game would have been over earlier if he didn't miss the stumping of kieswetter. and he gave away atleast 7-8 runs bye.

somerset should feel lucky that Sachin and Rohit were injured otherwise MI would have got 180-190 Runs. it was indian domestic batsman who scored 45-50 runs in last 4 overs and which in the end turned out to be difference b/w two teams.

Thomas was taken apart (20 runs in 19th over) by domestic player who was playing his first match.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
somerset should feel lucky that Sachin and Rohit were injured otherwise MI would have got 180-190 Runs. it was indian domestic batsman who scored 45-50 runs in last 4 overs and which in the end turned out to be difference b/w two teams.

Thomas was taken apart (20 runs in 19th over) by domestic player who was playing his first match.

I love the way you conveniently ignore the contributions from Blizzard, Malinga and Franklin. Could you please save your delusional theories for yourself?

And the excuses starts.

That is 'irony' at its very best. Shall I take you back to the Pataudi trophy thread, if you don't mind?

Last edited:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors

There's so much ignorance and lack of knowledge in this post that I really can't be bothered with it, apart from one thing. The main difference was Malinga. World Class bowler doing what he does best.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
I love the way you conveniently ignore the contributions from Blizzard, Malinga and Franklin. Could you please save your delusional theories for yourself?

That is 'irony' at its very best. Shall I take you back to the Pataudi trophy thread, if you don't mind?

my post was answered to that guy who said "You can put any 7 Indians on the field when you have overseas players like that". thats why i was highlighting domestic player performance.

so from next time read my post carefully and then reply it..

About Malinga, in IPL he used to take 3-4 wickets in about every match so its normal for me.

Last edited:

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India

Firstly if Satish and Yadav wouldnt have made those 45 runs in last overs, this game would have been over in like 16 overs. Yes Malinga, Blizzard, Franklin all contributed and did well but that is the reason they are PAID for.

Yes you can go back to the pataudi trophy as many times as you want as that is the only thing you can brag about.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
About Malinga, in IPL he used to take 3-4 wickets in about every match so its normal for me.

Which is what won MI the game, not the 'domestic players' that you've constantly, nonsensically been muttering about! Take away his four fer, Blizzard's fifty and Franklin's double strike, and MI are nowhere in the picture!

Or can I just recommend you to open cricinfo's official home page, and read out this match's caption for me? :rolleyes

----------

Yes you can go back to the pataudi trophy as many times as you want as that is the only thing you can brag about.

You do realize I was talking off your 'excuses' out there in that thread? They were countless and pathetic to say the least. Which is why I found your previous post to be ironic. Got it?

Users who are viewing this thread