Champions League Twenty20 2011

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which is what won MI the game, not the 'domestic players' that you've constantly, nonsensically been muttering about! Take away his four fer, Blizzard's fifty and Franklin's double strike, and MI are nowhere in the picture!

Or can I just recommend you to open cricinfo's official home page, and read out this match's caption for me? :rolleyes

if Van der merwe (over seas player) would have not scored 70's against kolkata,
then somerset would have not been able to qualify only for semis.

If alfonso(over seas player) didn''t bowl 2-3 runs 19th over against warriors then also somerset would have not been able to qualify only for semis

So, instead of pointing out IPl teams, first check out your own team. :lol:

I remember your one post after somerset won the match Against Kolkata

Quality VS Quantity

you were talking about somerset quality, now after they have been beaten by two IPL sides back to back, you have started talking about IPL team quality.

Last Few Days have not gone as you wanted mate.

1. you were commenting that IPL team has not won against Aus Side, see IPL team broke that deadlock. (done)

2. You were commenting that somerset have not lost to IPL sides, see IPL team broke that deadlock too. (done)

3. You were commenting about India that they have not won against england in last 2-3 months and scoreline is 8-0. So i can tell you this deadlock will also be broken in a style on 14th October.

About cricinfo link.. here i have one for you

http://www.espncricinfo.com/champions-league-twenty20-2011/content/story/533779.html

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Your literally too deluded/stupid to further argue with.

Anyway moving on, I'd like to see Somerset making the most off this prize money ($500,000). Really hope they don't re-sign Murali Kartik as their overseas player for next season, he's so incredibly bad that he couldn't even make the cut for the Pune warriors during the second half of IPL 4. Dockrell can well do a much better job than him tbh.

ferg512

International Coach
The thing that frustrates me the most about two IPL teams in the final is they are the ones that least need the financial reward. The second thing is that you give Somerset or NSW five overseas players and they would tear any IPL team to shreds. This will probably happen anyway now with the BBL beginning. Lets be honest have any indian players contributed this tournament other than maybe Kohli?? Thank god this disgrace of a tournament is coming to an end.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I just think you have to appreciate that even though South Africa and Australia are meant to be involved in organising it, it's an Indian Tournament set up for Indian people to watch it. Hence, the ideal result is two Indian teams in the final, which is what the whole Tournament is geared towards really. Teams like Somerset will always give it a good go for a bit of a pay day at the end of the year, but a NSW - Somerset final for example, would be a disaster for the organisers, as no one in India would want to watch it. Hence, certain teams getting home advantage no matter where they finish in the group and Mumbai being allowed to have 5 overseas players. It'll never be a fair playing field until the ICC or someone runs it, but I can't see that ever happening really, so it is what it is.

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah unfortunately you are right, it really is a shame though it should not be called a Champions League when it is an indian domestic tournament. It just annoys me when these delusional indian fans think that the IPL teams are so much better than everyone when pretty much everything is in favour of them.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@aayush: What will happen if sides like Somerset have players like Kallis, Malinga? There would be no IPL teams standing in the CL.

And its mainly players fault, simply jumping from team to team. Why get yourself a contract with an IPL side? There are players who do not have contracts with IPL teams and are still considered as great talents. Eg: Johnson, Clarke.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
No difference, Kallis would have played for KKR and Malinga to MI!

haha..

Australian and Southarica domestic structure are best in the world because they have less domestic team compared to other country like England, India.

So Australian and SA domestic teams are very strong and i believe they can beat England, India domestic teams 9 times out of 10 if these sides don't have Overseas player.

IN NSW Squads there were 6-7 International Player which clearly indicates how good a side they are. NSW and SA just lost a close match.

If u don't have 3-4 IPL teams then you won't get crowd and which will lead to decrease in prize money as there will not be many sponsor.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
This will probably happen anyway now with the BBL beginning.

Doubt so, especially with CA sticking to the same '2 overseas players' rule, and the local talent pool per side getting thinner with the addition of 2 more teams. Lesser the no:of teams, stronger is a side's local talent pool.

Bevab

Staff Member
haha..

Australian and Southarica domestic structure are best in the world because they have less domestic team compared to other country like England, India.

So Australian and SA domestic teams are very strong and i believe they can beat England, India domestic teams 9 times out of 10 if these sides don't have Overseas player.

IN NSW Squads there were 6-7 International Player which clearly indicates how good a side they are. NSW and SA just lost a close match.

If u don't have 3-4 IPL teams then you won't get crowd and which will lead to decrease in prize money as there will not be many sponsor.

That is what, cricket as a sport nature is reducing. Its more like sponsors than teams. Too much of anything is good for nothing. And 4 IPL teams in the Champions League T20 is a real joke. Then why is it called CLT20?

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Yeah unfortunately you are right, it really is a shame though it should not be called a Champions League when it is an indian domestic tournament. It just annoys me when these delusional indian fans think that the IPL teams are so much better than everyone when pretty much everything is in favour of them.

1. Most matches happen in India. It is not Indian fans problems that no other country in the world can match the advertising power of the indian market. So naturally they want matches to happen in India irrespective of whether it happens in full or empty stadiums.

2. IPL teams call the shots - Wrong. Both CA and CSA have equal voting rights. Only profit sharing is unequal. So CA and CSA can very well stop them if they wanted. Of course they have no guts. No use blaming indin fans for that.

3. IPL teams get right over the players - Wrong. Money speaks. Players are allowed to chose the team they want to play. It is not Indian fans problems that players from other countries choose to play for a better pay cheque.

4. IPL teams have 4 foreign players - Not our problem again. No one is stopping ECB from allowing 4 foreign players in their country cricket or CA from doing so in Big bash.

At the end of the day every country has an option to send a team exactly like IPL if they have the financial muscle. It is not our problem they have no money. Deal with and stop complaining. T & T has time and again proved
you can win and get fans if you play with the best spirit. As far as we are concerned every country invited sends the best team in their country and it is definitely a champions (and runners up :D) league

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
About having 4 IPL sides taking part in a 10-team 'Champions' League tournament, have you got any valid explanation for that?
Yes, they might be the strongest on paper, but have they proved it by 'performances' to be worthy enough to send 4 representatives? They only have a 52% winning record, compared to Australia's 64, West Indies's 56 & South Africa's 54.

----------

* to send -> sending :p

jacobfelix

International Coach
Ah.Ok. All of you continue your fights tomorrow :D as the match is about to start. Within few hours all of you will witness Danny boy holding aloft the trophy with a big smile on his face and all his players dancing & celebrating. :cheers

Bevab

Staff Member
And also, if the top players play for their domestic sides, why do the IPL sides steal them during the CLT20?

If the players themselves go to the IPL sides during CLT20, then its their greed.

If the teams steal them, then its enough said.

Users who are viewing this thread