* Change match type
* Change series length
* Change teams
* Supported versions:
** International Cricket Captain 2012
** International Cricket Captain 2013
** International Cricket Captain 2014

INSTRUCTIONS
* Install International Cricket Captain Fixture Editor - Downloads to install .Net 4 Client Profile (Vista and XP users only)
* Install International Cricket Captain Fixture Editor - Download: ICC Fixture Editor 1.0
* Backup your fixture folder (C:/Program Files (x86)/Childish Things/International Cricket Captain 2012/fxt)
* Open a fixture file in the editor
* Edit to your hearts content
* Save
* Copy edited file back to fixture folder
* Edited file is loaded after new season

EDITING DETAILS
* Fixture files for International Cricket Captain 2012 are stored in fxt folder in game directory (e.g. C:/Program Files (x86)/Childish Things/International Cricket Captain 2012/fxt)
* Fixture file is loaded at the beginning of a new season
* The file numbering determines the season (e.g. fix13.fxt is full career 2013-14 season and int15.fxt is international only 2015-16 season)
* You can rename the files in order to load a schedule from a different season (e.g. Rename int17.fxt to int12.txt and a new game will use the 2017-18 schedule)

Last edited:

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh wow. Wow. Wowwowow. Wow. So good.

I'm going to jump right on this later tonight. Let me have a dig through my old files as well and see if there's anything I decoded in FXT that you might not yet have, but it looks pretty complete.

Also: wow.

frefort

Club Cricketer
:eek::noway Is this real????

Can we add fixtures to the existing list?

Last edited:

Isura

Club Cricketer
:eek::noway Is this real????

Can we add fixtures to the existing list?

Currently not possible to add matches. I have experimented but the game tends to crash when you add matches. But you can edit existing matches.

frefort

Club Cricketer
Currently not possible to add matches. I have experimented but the game tends to crash when you add matches. But you can edit existing matches.

Let me know if I can help with testing or anything else

Isura

Club Cricketer
Let me know if I can help with testing or anything else

Sure. Test it out and see what you can do. Try editing one day matches. You can switch between ODI and T20I for example, or change a one day friendly to a ODI. Also you could test if it works with minnow countries (I did limited testing so far).

Please report here if you find any bugs etc.

Isura

Club Cricketer
Made good progress on editing test matches. In some cases I'm able to change a 3 day friendly to a test match. This is great news. Now teams like NZ/Ban/SL can play longer series. You can eliminate the useless friendly match and schedule more 3 match test series.

2012 series. Default is 3 match series. I'm able to edit it to a 4 match series by changing the 2nd friendly match.

screen2.jpg

Last edited:

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
how do you change teams on this - i.e. i'm playing as india, how do i change to Pakistan?

Isura

Club Cricketer
how do you change teams on this - i.e. i'm playing as india, how do i change to Pakistan?

Click the team, there is a drop down with team choices. Be careful changing your own team. I don't think it will work. You can only change teams that are opponents in the save game.

jordanshehzad

School Cricketer
hey is this will work on 2009 and what about the crack of 2010,2011,2012 i have search all around net and also tried in shops near me.but nothing found:noway

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Hi Isura

I've attached a couple of files that I once worked on trying to decode fixtures in a previous version of the game. The file structure remains substantially the same, so hopefully it's helpful.

I got stuck at the same point as you - working out how to add and delete matches. It seems obvious that each match is numbered and so if you add a match in part way through the year you need to update the sequential numbering for all matches. But even if you add or delete a match at the very end of the year then the game will crash.

I have a theory that the 'coda' of information at the end of a year is where we will find a record indicating either the total number of games in that year or the total number of records/bytes in the listing of matches. You'll see that I've decoded some of that coda, working out for example which byte indicates the year of a particular .fxt file and so forth, but I still haven't found that 'length' indicator.

Any thoughts? Adding/deleting matches is the great white whale of fixture editing, IMO. I think there'd be a lot of us keen to play 'alternate reality' worlds where Test cricket still got adequate treatment.

Attachments

• Fixture translator.xlsx
    55.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Decoding.zip
    668.9 KB · Views: 81

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Is anyone able to help me list which years have which World Cups in them? I'm looking for a set of simple, Cup-less years that I can compare in an effort to decode the header and footer information for the FXT files.

Isura

Club Cricketer
Hi Isura

I've attached a couple of files that I once worked on trying to decode fixtures in a previous version of the game. The file structure remains substantially the same, so hopefully it's helpful.

I got stuck at the same point as you - working out how to add and delete matches. It seems obvious that each match is numbered and so if you add a match in part way through the year you need to update the sequential numbering for all matches. But even if you add or delete a match at the very end of the year then the game will crash.

I have a theory that the 'coda' of information at the end of a year is where we will find a record indicating either the total number of games in that year or the total number of records/bytes in the listing of matches. You'll see that I've decoded some of that coda, working out for example which byte indicates the year of a particular .fxt file and so forth, but I still haven't found that 'length' indicator.

Any thoughts? Adding/deleting matches is the great white whale of fixture editing, IMO. I think there'd be a lot of us keen to play 'alternate reality' worlds where Test cricket still got adequate treatment.

Great work! I'm currently working on changing FC friendlies to test matches. I have it working for test matches hosted in England. However the same approach doesn't work for international FC friendly. The reverse (test match -> friendly) works ok. This just may be a limitation of their file format, or we need some special information.

I will start looking at adding matches after that.

Although we can't add/delete, we are given about 200+ match "slots" in each file. So with patience you could just re-arrange the schedule and do a lot with it as is.

I know what you mean about the "alternate reality". I would love to create an old school schedule with only test and fc matches. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread