ICC Fixture Editor (Now Supports 2016)

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great work! I'm currently working on changing FC friendlies to test matches. I have it working for test matches hosted in England. However the same approach doesn't work for international FC friendly. The reverse (test match -> friendly) works ok. This just may be a limitation of their file format, or we need some special information.

Apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs, since I know you're a FXT file veteran - but have you told the game engine about each of the days that the match is on? For example, if you have a Test starting on day 45, you also need to tell the game that it needs to be ready for play to continue (potentially) on days 46-49 as well like so:

45 0 1 0 0 0 <= day 45, ninth match in file starts
[test match definition string]
46 0 1 0 0 0 10 0 <= day 46, ninth match on
47 0 1 0 0 0 10 0 <= day 47, ninth match on
48 0 1 0 0 0 10 0 <= day 48, ninth match on
49 0 1 0 0 0 10 0 <= day 49, ninth match on
50 0 0 0 0 0 <= day 50, no match on

If you haven't got days 48 and 49 set up for play (and 3-day FC matches don't), then the game will crash once you get to those days.

Isura

Club Cricketer
Apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs, since I know you're a FXT file veteran - but have you told the game engine about each of the days that the match is on? For example, if you have a Test starting on day 45, you also need to tell the game that it needs to be ready for play to continue (potentially) on days 46-49 as well like so:

45 0 1 0 0 0 <= day 45, ninth match in file starts
[test match definition string]
46 0 1 0 0 0 10 0 <= day 46, ninth match on
47 0 1 0 0 0 10 0 <= day 47, ninth match on
48 0 1 0 0 0 10 0 <= day 48, ninth match on
49 0 1 0 0 0 10 0 <= day 49, ninth match on
50 0 0 0 0 0 <= day 50, no match on

If you haven't got days 48 and 49 set up for play (and 3-day FC matches don't), then the game will crash once you get to those days.

Yup. What I do is copy those filler bytes to days 4-5 (to extend FC match). However this approach doesn't work in FC matches outside england for some reason. Also notice that for FC friendly outside england the team codes are the same (eg. Barbados and West Indies use same code). So there is some internal logic that creates those matches differently than matches in England.

Also, if you don't add those extra days but change FC->Test, what happens is that the match stops play after 3 days, but there is no result.

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
I've managed to get a few things done in the 2012 FXT:
  • Converted Sussex vs West Indies friendly to Test
  • Converted NZ vs Guyana friendly to Test
  • Added an Australia-Windies ODI at the end of the year
  • Deleted an Australia-India ODI near the end of the year

See attached for the file.

I've played through the whole year without crashing, and through each of the five days of the Test matches that I've added, so I'm pretty confident the edits work as advertised. I'm also pretty confident I could add/delete matches during the year as well, but it's a bit laborious to do this by hand so I'd need your expertise with the editor to get it working properly.

Have you managed to get your editor working with the full domestic file yet?

Attachments

• int12.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 21

Isura

Club Cricketer
Version 0.2 released. Changing FC match to Test match is working. Make sure there is a gap of at least 5 days between the FC match you want to change and the next match in the schedule (NOT the next match in the series). For example, I changed match 10, from FC match to test match between England and New Zealand. There is at least 5 day gap so no problem.

Version 0.2 Released
* Change three day friendly matches to test matches.
* Sort fixtures by column.
* UI improvements.

Get the program from Downloads - icc-fixture-editor - Fixture editor for International Cricket Captain 2012. - Google Project Hosting

screen2.png

screen1.png

----------

I've managed to get a few things done in the 2012 FXT:
  • Converted Sussex vs West Indies friendly to Test
  • Converted NZ vs Guyana friendly to Test
  • Added an Australia-Windies ODI at the end of the year
  • Deleted an Australia-India ODI near the end of the year

See attached for the file.

I've played through the whole year without crashing, and through each of the five days of the Test matches that I've added, so I'm pretty confident the edits work as advertised. I'm also pretty confident I could add/delete matches during the year as well, but it's a bit laborious to do this by hand so I'd need your expertise with the editor to get it working properly.

Have you managed to get your editor working with the full domestic file yet?

Great work! Editing test matches is working now (try version 0.2). So I will start looking at adding/removing matches next. Thanks for the contribution to the project.

Last edited:

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Great work, so please to see you're still working on this. Getting the code for adding/deleting matches working should also mean you're able to get the code for overlapping Test matches working as well. The hex code looks like this:

[day 1 of year - 2 bytes]
[#matches on that day - 1 byte, should be "02" in this example]
[filler - 3 bytes]
[Test match #1 code - 42 bytes]
[Test match #2 code - 42 bytes]

[day 2 of year - 2 bytes]
[# matches on that day - 1 byte, should be "02" in this example]
[filler - 3 bytes]
[match #1 index - 2 bytes]
[match #2 index - 2 bytes]

[day 5 of year - 2 bytes]
[filler - 3 bytes]

If you add a match in front of these two Tests, you need to go through the subsequent matches throughout the rest of the file and update both the "number of matches that are on" for any given day and also the match index numbers appended to the code for each individual day, like so:

[day 0 of year - 2 bytes]
[#matches on that day - 1 byte, should be "01" in this example]
[filler - 3 bytes]
[Test match #1 code - 42 bytes]

[day 1 of year - 2 bytes]
[#matches on that day - 1 byte, should be "03" in this example]
[filler - 3 bytes]
[Test match #2 code - 42 bytes]
[Test match #3 code - 42 bytes]

[day 2 of year - 2 bytes]
[# matches on that day - 1 byte, should be "03" in this example]
[filler - 3 bytes]
[match #3 index - 2 bytes]

[day 4 of year - 2 bytes]
[# matches on that day - 1 byte, should be "03" in this example]
[filler - 3 bytes]

[day 5 of year - 2 bytes]
[filler - 3 bytes]

Hope that's helpful.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Can't wait for all the little things to be ironed out. Looks fantastic as it is

----------

Hmmm... just a thought, but would you be able to change the World Cup to a T20 format, while still keeping the 14 teams?

And the World T20 to an ODI format to replace it?

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
I don't think so. World Cup ODIs and T20Is have their own special match type. If you changed it to something else, then that match wouldn't get included in the World Cup results.

It may be possible to re-jig the arrangements for the World Cups (eg more rounds/matches, etc). I just don't know how all that part of the FXT file works at this stage.

Isura

Club Cricketer
Great work, so please to see you're still working on this. Getting the code for adding/deleting matches working should also mean you're able to get the code for overlapping Test matches working as well. The hex code looks like this:

If you add a match in front of these two Tests, you need to go through the subsequent matches throughout the rest of the file and update both the "number of matches that are on" for any given day and also the match index numbers appended to the code for each individual day, like so:

Hope that's helpful.

I will try look at this more this weekend. I did also find the pattern for number of matches. But I couldn't update it without crash. One hint, if you are still working on decoding the end of file structure. Take a look at the scenario files (sc1, sc2 etc). Those have much fewer games, so might be easier to decode.

Edit: Also saw you decoded the World Cup host location! I can add that option to the next version.

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
I'm part way through building an excel workbook that generates FXT code, to make it easier to try new things (eg inserting an extra Test series in February or similar). I'll share it with you once it's done, since some of the logic in it might help with the proper editor. Hoping to get some stuff done this weekend, too - for example, I'd like to play out a fantasy 5-Test series against South Africa before this 3-Test series is done and dusted.

nids100

School Cricketer
help

Hey, hope someone can help. I'm using Win xp. I downloaded and installed .Net framework 4 and fixture editor 0.2. I am currently playing as Pak and was halfway through the first season. I ran the editor and changed the 5ODI seies vs Aus to 3matches and the 1 T20I to a 3 match series. I changed the "format, match and series" numbers that correspond to each series to 3 from 5 and 1 respectively. I then clicked save and closed the Editor. Despite it saving the new series and despite the cahnges showing when i re open the same file (fix12.fxt) the series does not actually change. Are there restrictions to the editor (for example, does it only work with certain teams) and can i use the editor in previous save game files or would i need to start a new save game for the changes to show.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a wonderful idea and i cant wait to get it started.
Thanks in advance

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Hey, hope someone can help. I'm using Win xp. I downloaded and installed .Net framework 4 and fixture editor 0.2. I am currently playing as Pak and was halfway through the first season. I ran the editor and changed the 5ODI seies vs Aus to 3matches and the 1 T20I to a 3 match series. I changed the "format, match and series" numbers that correspond to each series to 3 from 5 and 1 respectively. I then clicked save and closed the Editor. Despite it saving the new series and despite the cahnges showing when i re open the same file (fix12.fxt) the series does not actually change. Are there restrictions to the editor (for example, does it only work with certain teams) and can i use the editor in previous save game files or would i need to start a new save game for the changes to show.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a wonderful idea and i cant wait to get it started.
Thanks in advance

You'll need to start a new save file, I'm afraid. Every time you start a new year, the game loads the match fixtures from the relevant .fxt file into memory and doesn't look at the .fxt file thereafter.

If you don't want to start a new save, you can still edit next year's .fxt file and have those changes incorporated once you start the new season.

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
I'm part way through building an excel workbook that generates FXT code, to make it easier to try new things (eg inserting an extra Test series in February or similar). I'll share it with you once it's done, since some of the logic in it might help with the proper editor. Hoping to get some stuff done this weekend, too - for example, I'd like to play out a fantasy 5-Test series against South Africa before this 3-Test series is done and dusted.

I've developed the excel workbook to the point where I can specify whatever set of matches I'd like for the year and have the FXT file for that year automatically generated - see attached for a version of int12.fxt where people only play Test matches all year round.

It can only handle international matches at this stage, and needs some bug-testing and fool-proofing before it's ready for wider release. Isura, are you still around? I can send you a copy if that's helpful for your own "proper" editor.

Attachments

• int12 (2).zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 22

Isura

Club Cricketer
I've developed the excel workbook to the point where I can specify whatever set of matches I'd like for the year and have the FXT file for that year automatically generated - see attached for a version of int12.fxt where people only play Test matches all year round.

It can only handle international matches at this stage, and needs some bug-testing and fool-proofing before it's ready for wider release. Isura, are you still around? I can send you a copy if that's helpful for your own "proper" editor.

This is amazing. Please share the spreadsheet.

nids100

School Cricketer
@ mrtwisties. Thanks for the reply.
So I started a new save game but this time as Aus. I changed the Aus Pak series to 3ODI's and 3T20I's. Again, the changes show when i open the fix12.fxt using the 0.2 Editor but not in game. I changed the fix13.fxt and autoplayed through the '12 season but again, once i got into the '13 season, non of the changes were in game. I installed the xp version of C++ (i dunno if that'd do anything) and .Net framework again but the same thing happens. The changes show in the .fxt file in the editor but not in game. :(

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
@ mrtwisties. Thanks for the reply.
So I started a new save game but this time as Aus. I changed the Aus Pak series to 3ODI's and 3T20I's. Again, the changes show when i open the fix12.fxt using the 0.2 Editor but not in game. I changed the fix13.fxt and autoplayed through the '12 season but again, once i got into the '13 season, non of the changes were in game. I installed the xp version of C++ (i dunno if that'd do anything) and .Net framework again but the same thing happens. The changes show in the .fxt file in the editor but not in game. :(

You might be editing the wrong file. Fix12.fxt is for games that include a domestic league (ie Aus/UK/India). If you're playing international games only, you should be editing int12.fxt. Does that help?

Users who are viewing this thread