Post your questions about the game here!

Please release this around Asia... I'm pretty sure people in the 'UAE:D' really would like it! But I would like to also ask where progress is and a date to expect, a reply would be much appreciated :)

zain.

hey Ross.

Its all gone a bit quiet on Big Ant forum, hope your busy creating the game we all hope will be the holy grail.
Ashes cricket 2013 forum is a bit busier at the mo. They say their game will have lots of variety with, leg byes, bat pads, variety of edges etc. no previous game has got this right, can you give us any info on how your game is shaping up on this front.

Also your bowling system sounds interesting but can you tell us anything about how a shot is executed when batting, is it a button push reliant on timing or something different.

Thanks

hey Ross.

Its all gone a bit quiet on Big Ant forum, hope your busy creating the game we all hope will be the holy grail.
Ashes cricket 2013 forum is a bit busier at the mo. They say their game will have lots of variety with, leg byes, bat pads, variety of edges etc. no previous game has got this right, can you give us any info on how your game is shaping up on this front.

Also your bowling system sounds interesting but can you tell us anything about how a shot is executed when batting, is it a button push reliant on timing or something different.

Thanks

Yep, we're busy making the game... there will be something big for you to download in January :)

Ross, one concern I have is that it was stated there is no bowling cursor or mark to indicate to batsman where ball is pitching.

I.e. batsman has to read ball out of the hand and decide shot to play as in real life

IC10 proved that using this method with no HUD, when batting you don't have the time when using a controller to decide where to play the shot, what type of shot to play, off front or back foot etc.

Its too many variables to compute using a controller in time ball leaves hand to bat (i.e. ~ 0.4 seconds)

Very interested to see how you intend to overcome this - I still think a mark on pitch 1-2 seconds before ball us bowled (depending on bowler/batsman rating) is best and worked very well in Ea cricket's 07. you had a fraction of time to decide all above variables, but enough to decide what type of shot to play etc if you had a quick mind

no HUD = guesswork (certainly in games up to now)

If it's a demo very cool, if we can play the game before release
then we can help with problems all games have.
If not a demo then i still can't wait for jan 2013. Thanks ross.:D

Yep, we're busy making the game... there will be something big for you to download in January :)
I think and hope Ross means Table Top Cricket :) Ross, if the PC version is going to be delayed then can you please give us an idea of how long could that be...one month, two months?

Ross, one concern I have is that it was stated there is no bowling cursor or mark to indicate to batsman where ball is pitching.

I.e. batsman has to read ball out of the hand and decide shot to play as in real life

IC10 proved that using this method with no HUD, when batting you don't have the time when using a controller to decide where to play the shot, what type of shot to play, off front or back foot etc.

Its too many variables to compute using a controller in time ball leaves hand to bat (i.e. ~ 0.4 seconds)

Very interested to see how you intend to overcome this - I still think a mark on pitch 1-2 seconds before ball us bowled (depending on bowler/batsman rating) is best and worked very well in Ea cricket's 07. you had a fraction of time to decide all above variables, but enough to decide what type of shot to play etc if you had a quick mind

no HUD = guesswork (certainly in games up to now)

I feel pressing on the keys to select a particular shot also is what Ross calls Dance Dance revolution. And if we are going to have an unprecedented range of shots to choose from then this batting method will only complicate matters. I was thinking if only up, down, left and right keys would need to be pressed along with two buttons, one for shots and one for leaving the ball and ducking under bouncers ( we probably won?t need to press the direction keys for the last two ) and the game will decide what is the best shot according to the delivery. This would also help the game get rid of the batting cone. To achieve this though, the game?s physics would also have to be of the highest quality.
The ratio of timing for hitting the direction key + button at the right time and the timing of the batsman according to Cricket's dynamics should be about 3:7.
With the game not using any quick time events I am sure there is no lack of possibilities for the team at Big Ant Studios! :)

Problem with that method is the game decides if you play 6 hit or attacking shot - what if you want to go big all the time at end of one dayer but game decides best sort of shot based on your inputs is an attacking shot along the ground or am I not understanding you?

The problem is most of the thoughts on here are based on the Cricket games of the past which I honestly feel are crap, but we can only imagine what we wish to see. Slog button is probably the easy way to make a Cricket game, I'd rather have the game decide result of a shot based on the timing, whether the ball is hit along the surface or whether it is an aerial shot, a big six or a small one, this should all be purely a result of timing.

So I am obviously against the slog button, and how many real life Cricketing shots are slogs? I want a game which has realistic run rates, where if I play out of my skin I get to about 180-200 in T20's, 325 in ODI's and Test matches is a completely different story. And to achieve this, obviously the structure of the game has to be more complex rather the interaction between the gamepad and our hands.

To be honest i feel as cricket lovers we should welcome new innovation to give us the fresh look at cricket games. We have had constantly similar ways of bowling and batting HUD in past game. I feel we need new ways, therefore i will welcome BigAnt way. It might well have it fair share of problems, but this is the first title from bigant let us all give a chance to their technique.

Big Ant Studios pls just post one screenshot from the gameplay before the big download in Jan 2013 pls :yes

The problem is most of the thoughts on here are based on the Cricket games of the past which I honestly feel are crap, but we can only imagine what we wish to see. Slog button is probably the easy way to make a Cricket game, I'd rather have the game decide result of a shot based on the timing, whether the ball is hit along the surface or whether it is an aerial shot, a big six or a small one, this should all be purely a result of timing.

So I am obviously against the slog button, and how many real life Cricketing shots are slogs? I want a game which has realistic run rates, where if I play out of my skin I get to about 180-200 in T20's, 325 in ODI's and Test matches is a completely different story. And to achieve this, obviously the structure of the game has to be more complex rather the interaction between the gamepad and our hands.

Are you serious? Are you saying that the only difference between a 6 and a 4 along the ground is timing?

:noway

Users who are viewing this thread