Post your questions about the game here!

ricky87

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
What sort of an asinine question is that? What do you expect the game developers to say? That their game sucks balls and a 2 year old can beat their AI? Of course they will say that their game is the best game ever and the AI is comparable to Deep Blue.

I hope the developers have "review" or "trial" sessions with Planet Cricket community before the AI is completely developed so that they have enough time to incorporate the feedback in the game. As for AI the only time you will come to know whether it's good or not is when you play the game.

I just have high hopes for this game and TableTop Cricket. This is the first time for BigAnt so how can you judge them on the basis of what you may have experienced with other developers? And I am grateful that we have this opportunity to speak with the head of a company who personally likes Cricket.
Everything tells me that this would be the start of a Cricket series we all have been waiting for :)

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
I just have high hopes for this game and TableTop Cricket. This is the first time for BigAnt so how can you judge them on the basis of what you may have experienced with other developers? And I am grateful that we have this opportunity to speak with the head of a company who personally likes Cricket.
Everything tells me that this would be the start of a Cricket series we all have been waiting for :)

Yes, we should be happy that a cricket game is in works and that the game developers are listenining to us. But I was simply stating that there's no point in asking questions to which you already know the answers of. No game developer will say their game's Ai is not good enough. Better approach is to point out obvious flaws in earlier cricket games and provide suggestions for improvement in the AI, or if you are curious simply ask how a certain feature has been implemented. But to ask whether AI has improved is pointless.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
lol the fans want something challenging and i say that is great enough.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, we should be happy that a cricket game is in works and that the game developers are listenining to us. But I was simply stating that there's no point in asking questions to which you already know the answers of. No game developer will say their game's Ai is not good enough. Better approach is to point out obvious flaws in earlier cricket games and provide suggestions for improvement in the AI, or if you are curious simply ask how a certain feature has been implemented. But to ask whether AI has improved is pointless.

agreed

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Ross, I'm sorry if this has already been answered but if it has I can't find it on here! But will we be able to create our own custom tours? I like to be able to set up 3 tests, 3 odi's and 1 t20 or something. Can we do this? And if we can, will injuries play a part in the tour? Or are injuries reserved for career mode? Many thanks.

Third time lucky Ross!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Hi ross

Not posted on here for a short while, i ran out of things to ask :spy
How are things going, can you tell us anything new ?
If not back to aus vs sa first test or GTA 5 news or starwars news.
It's been a fun time being on the net lately guys.

p.s I have one question how is your physics when the ball hits the pads
or the body, will we see lots of lb in your game as ic 2010 was bad in this
area. Thanks.:D

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ross, just finished seeing the trailer. I noticed that the bowling team started celebrating too soon when a wicket fell. Be it an lbw appeal or the batsman getting bowled.
For authenticity sake, would it be possible to delay the fielders' celebration/appeal by half a second? It seems to be instantaneous and doesn't feel humanly possible.

ricky87

Club Captain
Ross, just finished seeing the trailer. I noticed that the bowling team started celebrating too soon when a wicket fell. Be it an lbw appeal or the batsman getting bowled.
For authenticity sake, would it be possible to delay the fielders' celebration/appeal by half a second? It seems to be instantaneous and doesn't feel humanly possible.

I don't agree. I feel it is done perfect the way it is. And remember this game is going to be a little different than a proper Cricket sim and also fast paced so everything has to be done accordingly:yes

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
I don't agree. I feel it is done perfect the way it is. And remember this game is going to be a little different than a proper Cricket sim and also fast paced so everything has to be done accordingly:yes

My request was based on the idea that the same thing might be applied to the bigger game. I obviously wouldnt be looking for authenticity in this fun game as much as i do in the other, which is why i posted it here :)

P.S. Watch the couple of frames where the yellow team guy gets bowled trying to swing the bat; you will notice the slip guy celebrating the very microsecond the ball touches the stumps.

ricky87

Club Captain
That does look 100 % authentic to me. It happens right after the dismissal, delaying it any further would make it appear artificially done.

The only awkward thing I found is when the batsman is still tapping his bat on the ground with his head down and the bowler is about to release the ball, this happens in real Cricket too, but usually the batsman just walks away resulting in a dead ball.

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
That does look 100 % authentic to me. It happens right after the dismissal, delaying it any further would make it appear artificially done.

The only awkward thing I found is when the batsman is still tapping his bat on the ground with his head down and the bowler is about to release the ball, this happens in real Cricket too, but usually the batsman just walks away resulting in a dead ball.

Look at this picture. The ball has barely traveled an inch from the stumps and at high speed. Unless this was a fast motion shot, how is that anyone who is concentrating where the ball is moving understand the batsman is out and start celebrating? I mean it takes atleast 0.5 seconds to start celebrating.
546932_4423338314985_890104588_n.jpg

-------------------------

And Ross, while i was going through the frames i caught this one. The stump has suddenly displaced to near the WK's pads after which it returns to the position in the above picture. Graphic Glitch? :P
402382_4423361555566_672746134_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread