2nd Test: Australia v England at The Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, 5-9 Dec

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nick Compton & Steven Davies need to flown down the AUS on the next flight. ENG simply need some fresh batsmen. As all have articulated since the 2012 series in UAE vs PAK - ENGs batting has been below par & the bowlers have been carrying them.

Root is not a # 3, ENG need somebody more comfortable in that position if its is they want to keep Bell @ # 5.

Also, maybe if Perth is going to bounce as expected, i'd drop Swann & go for the wild card pick Tymal Mills, alongside Finn or Rankin, in a 4-man pace attack.

Best Perth test XI IMO:

Cook, Carberry, Compton, KP, Bell, Root, Davies, Broad, Finn/Rankin, Anderson, Mills.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Barmy there are highlights on Pick TV (Sky 152) at 10pm which I believe is available on freeview :thumbs

Hoping for a wicket free morning, need a big partnership. This game can go only 2 ways...an Australian win or a draw.

Yes, that's what I've been watching. It's Freeview channel 11.

Although, tonight I'll be watching MOTD. For once my football team has delivered above my cricket team.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Tymal Mills is too much of a risk in my opinion at this present time. I'd like to see him on the tour of West Indies though as I reckon they will rest Anderson for that tour.

Prior can only have so many bad innings before the selectors say enough is enough and I agree with the selection of Steven Davies as a replacement although it's not like there is anyone else to choose from for the gloves.

Does anyone here think England can somehow salvage a draw?

RobinHood

Club Cricketer
I do think this tour will mark the end of Andy Flower's tenure. He should have gone after losing to South Africa last year when it was clear our only strategy of containment wasn't going to cut it against the best teams.

This feels like the end, of this team, Andy Flower, this nonsense strategy of dull, attritional cricket and hopefully Hugh Morris too.

Fresh start needed.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Well I turned off in disgust after Root top edged that sweep.

It's all very good asking for Flower to go, but the replacement will be Ashley Giles who's whole career has been based around containment.

What's this talk about Tymal Mills as well? He's not good enough to play for England, at least not yet. Finn and Rankin are at the head of the queue in terms of quicker bowlers, we just don't seem to want to play them.

For me, we have players who could be performing better than what we have in the team at the moment (Compton, Steven Davies, Finn etc) we just don't pick them. Selection issue for me.

Although, tonight I'll be watching MOTD. For once my football team has delivered above my cricket team.
Must be nice. ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Looks like we could be about to cop another Ashes thrashing down-under. What is our cricket team doing?

It's all going wrong right now. Man Utd are falling apart at the seams, the cricket team are being outplayed and the football team, well, they're just being England aren't they. ;)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well its not just us Indian fans thrash a team who has done well for a long time and lose few and want to retire coach players.

Yes England's performance is rubbish but this team won the last Ashes down under. The only difference between both the side is Mitchell Johnson and better responsible Wicketkeeper.

Its good to see Aussies play like old days. Complete domination. Aussies win is only on cards as cant see England even saving this they aint West Indies :p

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
The only chance we have of a draw is a massive loss of time due to rain. But for me, the main thing is that we need to bat well. If we can do well and get to 400, then we'll take a lot from that, even if we do go on to lose. It's all about setting the tone for the rest of the series and showing that we can bat well against this team. Being rolled over for under 200 again just means that the rest of the series is going to be even harder.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
It's seriously worrying seeing Cook like this. He's never been technically brilliant, but the strongest part of his game has been his mentality. Yet in this series, he just seems to be all over the place in that regard. Looks very frenetic.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Oh man, I was hoping for that stare. I guess only Anderson is special enough to get it.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well that was a pathetic shot seeing the situation of the match. Johnsons first of many.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've only just tuned in, how did Cook get out?

War

Chairman of Selectors
What's this talk about Tymal Mills as well? He's not good enough to play for England, at least not yet. Finn and Rankin are at the head of the queue in terms of quicker bowlers, we just don't seem to want to play them.

SpitfiresKent said:
Tymal Mills is too much of a risk in my opinion at this present time.

I believe Mills is ready for international cricket, maybe not T20s or 50 overs - but certainly test, if he is used in a specific role as an attacking bowler, surrounded by Anderson & Broad's experience.

Not saying he is better than Finn or Rankin currently, but if ENG were to drop Swann & play 4 quicks in Perth - i'd pick Mills because, simply because he would give the all-pace attack variety, being a left-armer.

Users who are viewing this thread