ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Top edged a hook off the first short ball he faced I think. Just about carried to fine leg who had to dive forward to get there.

Thanks, just seen it. terrible shot considering the circumstances.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Drop them all bar Carberry, Bell and Panesar and start again

miwright

School Cricketer
I suspect if we threw in the towel it we'd miss, come on England, Pieterson and Bell to add some credibility please !!!

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
At least Root and Pieterson aren't doing anything stupid YET; but we've not had too many overs of Johnson to deal with... Seriously the only people in the first innings who looked like they could stand up to MJs bowling in the first innings were Bell, Carberry and Panesar (if "stand up" meant "last an hour blocking everything what wouldn't hit you or miss the stumps"). Perhaps it was Monty's performance that shamed the other England batsmen!

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Does anyone here think England can somehow salvage a draw?

Absolutely. Odds are hugely against it, but there is enough ability in the batting line up.

That depends on the wicket staying relatively flat, though. If the ball starts really turning or keeping low then no chance.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It probably wouldn't be a bad move including Flower in the starting XI for Perth :lol

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Poms finally crossed 200 congo guys you did it ;)

Lee1981

International Coach
Aussies want it so much more, that alone is enough to unsettle your opposition throw in Johnson having a stormer and we have only one winner.

Aussies to win series 4-0, and fair play they deserve it playing like this

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I did think I'd put the radio on this morning to hear we'd lost, so it's refreshing to hear us take the first steps to sorting our batting out.

Got a feeling it will be all over by lunch tomorrow, though, and unless we break the tradition of losing in Perth the Ashes will be gone by the Boxing Day Test.

Owzat

International Coach
FINALLY England are showing some fight, too little too late and still way too many wickets tossed away, but resolve means we could actually contest the rest of the Ashes now we've pretty much gift wrapped them and handed them as an early xmas pressie to the aussies.

Still not convinced by Carberry, doesn't look technically sound to me and even his 1st innings 60 was not without luck and the aussies dropped far too much short and asking to be hit. His dismissal was dismal, some will say unlucky but to pick out the only fielder (1st inns) was poor

On a pitch where their keeper made a hundred, none of our batsmen have passed 87. I also heard Stokes who made a half-decent 28 had not previously faced more than 64 (?) balls in the 4th innings of a match, hardly what you need to hear about your choice of #6.

Will 29 runs @ 14.50 and 2 wkts @ 45.00 be considered good signs or maybe the fact that England needed more runs and are run by more ons who selected a debutant instead of something with a bit of experience and run scoring ability? Nothing against Stokes, but I don't think more bowling and not a solid batsman was what was called for here.

Bairstow may not be everyone's 1st choice but a 60 or 70 in support of Bell could have got us up to 300-350 instead of 172 and forced the aussies to at least bat a session or two longer and leave England to bat 4-5 sessions instead of the full six.

I fear this 'fight' England have put up will be short lived, while some may not agree when I highlight the fact that there's nothing at stake now, there isn't. The aussies know it is only a matter of time before they win, the pressure off England because they've been written off. That may work in England's favour for the next Test, but the heat of the battle will be cranked right back up again and every run contested hard

D

Deleted member 11215

Supposedly it is Stokes and Panesar in for Trott and Tremlett. Im preparing myself for Stokes to get a 22 and 1/80. Personally I'd have gone for Ballance and Bresnan.

Almost spot on

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Panesar was not that bad atleast he can stay at the pitch :p and thanks for playing Stokes :D

Stokes
Prior
Broad
Swann
Anderson
Panesar LOL

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Panesar out-bowled Swann.
A ridiculous number of wickets in this series caught on the leg side. England get into slog or out mode way too quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread