Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok please correct it soon...apart from these main 2-3 bugs the overall online gameplay is awesome...thanks for developing this game :)

Sorry, but what are the other main bugs online? Other than the bumped balls being given caught out and folks being dismissed off free hits, is there any other online gameplay bug?

Mode: Career
Match Type: LVCC
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 3rd over
Ground: Lancashire Stadium
Teams: Lancs v Kent
Get Best: Ish
Description of Issue: Set my career player to fast medium, yet he's pinging in 90+mph balls, which are barely bouncing to the keeper?

Last edited:
Runout animation issue

Match Type: Four Day game
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occurred): Any
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get Best: Yes
Description of Issue: There seems to be a new 'dodge the ball animation' for the non-striker (maybe I hadn't spotted it before?) in Patch #1 - which is great as they'd get hit sometimes from the batter's shot straight down the wicket? but, if the bowler fields the ball while the non-striker is going through the dodge animation, you loose precious time before you can get him back into his crease with the usual circle button press (PS3) which can result in a runout :-(

*** this is minor compared to the 'canceling run, not grounding bat' runout issue though.
Bigant - can you please confirm this is being worked on for next patch? Thank you and hope you have a good Easter :-)

Mode: Online
Match Type: T10
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): any
Ground: any
Teams: any
Get Best: yes
Description of Issue:

Something fishy is definitely going on with bouncers. There are three different (but possibly connected) issues:

- I bowl a normal/full length ball, and get warned/no-balled for bowling a bouncer.

- I bowl a bouncer for the first time in an over, and get no-balled, with commentary saying 'he'd been warned', etc. However, in none of the previous balls had I either bowled a bouncer, or had any signal from the umpire/commentary about an earlier ball being a fake 'bouncer' as in the first issue above.

- Sometimes I bowl a bouncer (which hits the batsman, say), and get no signal from the umpire about it being a bouncer. I then bowl another one later and get no-balled. Not sure if this was because the first one was indeed a bouncer, or whether the first one was deemed not high enough and the second is due to issue number 2 above.

Note that a separate issue is that balls in the pitch map are often all over the place (eg way off the pitch). I wondered if bouncers are being called based on the locations on this pitch map, but that's not the case - the above issues happen when the pitch map is perfectly correct and shows just one bouncer.

Mode: Casual
Match Type: FiveFive
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): Somewhere around 3 or 4th over
Ground: Lahore Cricket Ground
Teams: Pakistan vs South Africa
Description of Issue: I and my friend were playing using two controllers. He hit a six and runs were not counted :noway. Happened for three continuous deliveries. No runs were counted. (wide ball 6,1)

Match Type: All
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 2nd innings, 3rd over
Ground: All
Teams: Essex v [Insert Any Team here]
Description of Issue: Playing cover drives is increasing my on-side skill by +1 instead of the off-side skill. This is also true when playing lofted shots over the bowlers head towards long off. My on-side skills have increased considerably while I have minimum off-side skills.

Career mode:

I finished my first season, got to the end of the final game, season one.

Now all I see is "SIMULATING" and a spinning circular arrow...

I've tried restarting a few times same thing - I've waited over 40 minutes but nothing. Do I have to start from the beginning again? Not happy...

Uninstall patch, complete game, reinstall patch

How do you uninstall a patch???

Will I need to do that at the end of every season then???

Last edited:
No, I am suggesting because you are part way through a match.

If ps3 you can navigate using the xmb to the patch and remove it.

----------

I am making an assumption that the patch has an issue.

I'm using an Xbox 360...

FYI, I installed the patch 3 games prior to the end of the season. Finished those 3 games off and when it came to the next step all I got was an endlessly revolving circle of SIMULATING...

I assumed it was the end of the season, as it did not go anywhere :wave

See attached image...

Attachments

• IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    736 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I'm using an Xbox 360...

FYI, I installed the patch 3 games prior to the end of the season. Finished those 3 games off and when it came to the next step all I got was an endlessly revolving circle of SIMULATING...

I assumed it was the end of the season, as it did not go anywhere :wave

See attached image...

Do this, I guess:

Uninstall patch, complete game, reinstall patch

No, I am suggesting because you are part way through a match.

If ps3 you can navigate using the xmb to the patch and remove it.

----------

I am making an assumption that the patch has an issue.

Hey @Ross. I have a doubt here. While we remove the patches won't it affect the saved game data.

Match Type:First Class
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):15.4 Overs First Innings
Ground:
Teams: QLD v VIC
Get Best:
Description of Issue: Took a single and ended up getting 4 over throws. I got the 5 runs but I was back on strike. Got me to my half century in first game of new career since patch.

Mode: Any
Match Type: Any
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): random
Ground: Any
Teams: Any
Get Best:
Description of Issue: Wide ball rule seems to be broken. Any time the ball passes leg side of a batsman (even if it is hitting off stump but the batsman moved), it's given a wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread