English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Gutted doesn't even begin to describe it. I know we've overachieved, moving from 7th to 2nd, but I can't seem to escape the mindnumbingly, gutwrenchingly crushing feeling that the season was a failure at the same time.

I still hold out some hope for a City loss, but home to Aston Villa and West Ham doesn't fill me with much.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
As much as I hate to say it, the manager of the season has to be Tony Pulis. Taking a confirmed relegated side to 11th is outstanding, now this.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
The Palace fans at Selhurst Park were in full voice for the full 90! It was them that won Palace the game. But tactically it was all down to Rodgers. They didn't given enough respect to Palace at 3-0, didn't even treat them like a Premier League team! Just went full on on the offensive to try and up their GD. Liverpool deserved that result in all fairness, their back two haven't been up to the standard that you'd expect from champions. Two top class finishes from Dwight Gayle, amazing scenes. Bolasie absolutely terrorised them down the wing. Can't believe Suarez, a grown man, was crying his eyes out at a football game. He was the one that didn't take the chances :rolleyes Yesterday summed up the monumental turnaround Pulis has instigated at Palace.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Brendan Rodgers after Chelsea game: "Any manager can go to defend, its easy"
Brendan Rodgers today:"defending cost us today"
Haha w?nker.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Liverpool are in the Champions league. Man Utd are not. If I was a fan, I'd take that.

:clap Palace.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Bm9JDSeCcAA_U78.png

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I still back Villa to get a win over City. But I'm happy we over achieved this season.:)

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Nope, just that Villa has full backs that look to attack once they get their moment, yes Benteke will be missed, but Aston Villa has been playing some good football since I saw them couple of weeks recently. I could've said that about West Ham game, but they can have bumpy ride, sometimes consistent and sometimes not, yes a bit same to Villa, but their fire power will be more crucial.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
You're dreaming mate. Gabby's out with a knee injury and how much money would you put on Jordan Bowery scoring? And Grant Holt has been useless ever since he discovered pizza and kebab. If they go all out I wouldn't be surprised if they put 3 or more past us, given our defensive record this season.

War

Chairman of Selectors
If any of the two teams can possibly upset City, its West Ham instead of Villa on current form.

Users who are viewing this thread