Not open for further replies.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What would be the point? This isn't like AC09 or every other cricket game ever: you can customise players in game and they look pretty good - maybe not exact, but as close as you're going to get. My understanding (probably wrong) is that there is only one face file and the CA changes are based on that: editing it probably would change it for everyone and break your game horribly. Perhaps I'm wrong though; this is all hypothetical.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I haven't actually got into changing faces IN the game itself but going by what you guys are saying, it sounds pretty innovative - easier as well.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you can get the latest CA from Steam; then I'd recommend having a little poke around; even if it chugs at 15fps or something. It's one of the better player creators that exists in any sports game; the only one that can get close is the MLB the Show one. There is a caveat in that I haven't played a version of FIFA since 2011; but there it was awful and since its EA I can't imagine that its changed a great deal...

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I challenge someone to perfect the stripes on the sleeves using the Current_01 style template. It is bloody impossible. The warping on the sleeves is compltely unmanagable for that template. The Modern_01 template is so easy to use...it's just a pity that the jumper/vest is the wrong version for that template.

D2jSrKK.png

Lovely! That would have been great for my Aussies early 00s vs WSC Windies game!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I challenge someone to perfect the stripes on the sleeves using the Current_01 style template. It is bloody impossible. The warping on the sleeves is compltely unmanagable for that template. The Modern_01 template is so easy to use...it's just a pity that the jumper/vest is the wrong version for that template.
They seem to be different on either side. Something odd was happening with the template and it was being washed out

attachment.php

I tried to make the band a bit taller, but then it started totally warping.

Attachments

• pattern_06_col.png
    pattern_06_col.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 457

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
They seem to be different on either side. Something odd was happening with the template and it was being washed out

attachment.php

Lil Timmy is going to be upset that his mummy used the wrong detergent and washed out all the colours!

----------

But we aren't allowed to edit the face templates yet. if we are allowed,then we can also add tattoos in hand for some players like Johnson, McCullum etc..

May I ask why everyone is so worried about what they are and are not "allowed" to do? Doesn't seem to be standard modding practice.

If you can improve the game, go for it.

shrenik

International Coach
@MattW it's being washed out because there's no alpha channel in the image. Add one and it should be fine.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

Yeh I've noticed that the warping on each sleeve is different, difficult to say the least. And shrenik is spot on about the alpha channel.

I'm going to give sleeve sponsors a shot...

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Gorgeous work with the bat, Shrenik.

And on a totally different subject, good to see a PlanetCricket team in the game.

D

Dutch

Great screens Matt. I just love the detail: look at the pad straps... Brilliant .

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Was going through the thread just now, solid work from Shrenik in particular and others have been flawless too. It's wonderful to see so many members already trying their hand at modding, special mention to Matt here for all the wonderful screenshots in the PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread