MattW Downloads - Channel Nine Overlay

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's because...

...you end up having to make a few changes yourself, which won't be reflected in any careers that have already started unfortunately, but that's the way it is. Middlesex will be Melbourne Stars for the next 18 seasons of my career anyway - there's a few others, but overall the impact is minimal for the benefit of good logos, haha! I'm using Alberts' anyway, but I'm guessing the situation is the same.

- Ninja'd so just ignore all that. :p

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
...you end up having to make a few changes yourself, which won't be reflected in any careers that have already started unfortunately, but that's the way it is. Middlesex will be Melbourne Stars for the next 18 seasons of my career anyway - there's a few others, but overall the impact is minimal for the benefit of good logos, haha! I'm using Alberts' anyway, but I'm guessing the situation is the same.
I suppose if you're playing a UK career you may as well rename the files to make the Middlesex logo correct, etc.

But yeah, as I mentioned in the main forum, that's why I haven't started a PC career yet.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I suppose if you're playing a UK career you may as well rename the files to make the Middlesex logo correct, etc.

That would have been useful to know before I changed everything around in the academy, haha! I had to make a few changes though and I don't remember what they all were, so I'd presumably have to go back and undo them all and rename the files? That would involve knowing which file was which though, and I'm clueless in regards to the domestic ones for that. Would have to ask Alberts about his.

With all the different versions of each logo though, it might not be worth the time it would take to go through changing them though. If there's the option available I'd consider it maybe, but if not, I don't mind a few of them being wrong in career enough to start over. Probably 90% of them are still correct, so I don't mind living with the few anomalies, knowing that if I started a new career it would be as is in the academy now anyway. :)

Alberts

International Coach
That would have been useful to know before I changed everything around in the academy, haha! I had to make a few changes though and I don't remember what they all were, so I'd presumably have to go back and undo them all and rename the files? That would involve knowing which file was which though, and I'm clueless in regards to the domestic ones for that. Would have to ask Alberts about his.

With all the different versions of each logo though, it might not be worth the time it would take to go through changing them though. If there's the option available I'd consider it maybe, but if not, I don't mind a few of them being wrong in career enough to start over. Probably 90% of them are still correct, so I don't mind living with the few anomalies, knowing that if I started a new career it would be as is in the academy now anyway. :)

The reason some needed to be set to new ones was mostly because there were a few that Get Best gave the same badge to. For example the Stars and Middlesex. It's good that now that at least Matt and I are working to the same standard set, and hopefully we'll get the chance to have the ability to use a more moddable system soon.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As promised, this adds the hud/overlay logos to the previous release. Grab the 'hudpack.7z' file if you downloaded the main pack from earlier in the thread, or grab everything from the 'logopack.7z' file.

attachment.php

Also adds the cropped club icons, but I really rushed those so they don't look very nice.

Downloads are attached.

I didn't include the readme in the hudpack file, so :
Code:
Copy the clubicons folders to My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\textures

Copy the hud folder to My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui

Attachments

• logopack.7z
    7 MB · Views: 1,031
  • Screenshot (540).jpg
    Screenshot (540).jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2,077
  • hudpack.7z
    798.7 KB · Views: 711

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Just a heads up, the Bushrangers appear twice in your preview image

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I noticed that after I posted, but didn't save off the layered version of that preview image.

Maybe next time...

singhy44

Club Captain
The reason some needed to be set to new ones was mostly because there were a few that Get Best gave the same badge to. For example the Stars and Middlesex. It's good that now that at least Matt and I are working to the same standard set, and hopefully we'll get the chance to have the ability to use a more moddable system soon.

Could you explain how I could swap the files for Middlesex and the Melbourne Stars?

Cheaptrick

Club Cricketer
Folder confusion?

I have no added feature in my "My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\" except an empty folder called textures?

Now do I create these folders myself and copy relevant files there or am I missing something?

My game is Steam so I am guessing this file is in same location as everyone elses only in Matts folder he stats not to overwrite other stuff I got nowt there lol

D

Deleted member 9102

I have no added feature in my "My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\" except an empty folder called textures?

Now do I create these folders myself and copy relevant files there or am I missing something?

My game is Steam so I am guessing this file is in same location as everyone elses only in Matts folder he stats not to overwrite other stuff I got nowt there lol
Yeah you can create them yourself - you only need the folders with files in them to be present, but you can use the .zip in this post for simplicity if you like;

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2815022-post18.html

That will put all of the folders in place so you don't have to create any more.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I said the not overwrite thing about the specific 'emblems' folder - because if you had downloaded some of the kits made so far they already come with logos that will likely better suit them.

If there's nothing there, just put it straight in. There's an empty textures folder by default, you may need to make some subfolders or download that above pack of empty folders.

Could you explain how I could swap the files for Middlesex and the Melbourne Stars?
In each of the folders that contain logos switch around the 'll_x.dds' and 'let_m.dds' files (you might not see the .dds extension depending on your options).

For other teams you can see a spreadsheet of assignments here: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...mend-standardised-mods-90805.html#post2817104

Alberts

International Coach

Do you mean swap them in game, or physically change which file goes to which in game badge. Melbourne Stars have been given let_m and Middlesex got ll_x, you could switch those file names if you just wanted a straight swap.

If say, as it would be from get best that Melbourne Stars have their badge and Middlesex also have the stars badge, and you wanted to give Middlesex their proper one, you'd have to edit the team in the academy and change it by hand in there.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer

Yeah, I didn't use Get Best, so had to make a few additional changes here and there on the English and Indian teams but no biggie. It's only affecting a minority in career mode, and I can live with that anyway.

Cheaptrick

Club Cricketer
cheers that's cleared my confusion up.

all I can say though is that you guyz and gals (if there are any) are awesome so much better playing in proper kit.

I'm a Warwickshire Fan so having the Bear logo was brilliant

I may have a look around here and see if I can follow some tutorials and see if I can do anything but please don't hold your breath haha

thanks again for help

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
127379d1405046419-mattw-downloads-dgled-1.jpg

Tried again with some of the hud logos, trying to emulate how the default logos are done. I really like the Canadian logo, but others still don't seem quite right.

Any ideas? Or should I give up and put them in a ring/shield?

I would put them in a white ring the way Sky Sports does. :)

Users who are viewing this thread