MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Something I made quickly for my own use - sponsors for the India, England and New Zealand test kits to complement the ODI ones of those I downloaded from Sathish_kumar. Also included, a sponsor with the Bupa/Ryobi logos that I put on all of the Aus Domestic sides in the game.

One thing I noticed while playing with this was that the game covers over the area for sponsors on the right hand side, even if you flip the logo off. @HBK619 how hard would it be to let the sponsor go over the top of the kit logo? Would be a temporary solution for putting logos on teams that need a different colour on their ODI and Test kits.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sponsors.7z
    22.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot (650).png
    Screenshot (650).png
    247 KB · Views: 1,260

suddyz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Matt, been playing round with this myself and the only solution I can come up with is a white outline on the emblems. See pic below:

w2EflOf.png

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The England logo shown on the helmet is blue, is there anyway to change this to white on the helmet - blue on the shirt?

Alberts

International Coach
The England logo shown on the helmet is blue, is there anyway to change this to white on the helmet - blue on the shirt?

At this point I think we'll have to wait for what we'll have to work with long term for modding.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Something I made quickly for my own use - sponsors for the India, England and New Zealand test kits to complement the ODI ones of those I downloaded from Sathish_kumar. Also included, a sponsor with the Bupa/Ryobi logos that I put on all of the Aus Domestic sides in the game.

One thing I noticed while playing with this was that the game covers over the area for sponsors on the right hand side, even if you flip the logo off. @HBK619 how hard would it be to let the sponsor go over the top of the kit logo? Would be a temporary solution for putting logos on teams that need a different colour on their ODI and Test kits.
Speaking to the guys today it'll take just as much work for that as anything else unfortunately.

The issue with a change there comes from how the games code base reads and applies textures, changes (and potential bugs) can throw out an entire system.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
@HBK619 If you guys can allow to add more patterns to hats and helmets instead of seperating emblems, that would also work as it is needed for single color emblems only, will that be possible

11Ryan11

Club Captain
Speaking to the guys today it'll take just as much work for that as anything else unfortunately.

The issue with a change there comes from how the games code base reads and applies textures, changes (and potential bugs) can throw out an entire system.

Hi,

Would this same issue apply to how the game reads the textures in the textures folder? I ask because I'm assuming that for example when it comes editing the kits the game stores the current pattern_00_col through to pattern_25_col in a list in the game code so you can't just add a new pattern_26_col because the game doesn't know it exists. If this is the case how hard would it be to extend the list to say 60. That way we could replace those new files after pattern_25 and not touch the original ones one. The sponsors and bats would be a different story I'd imagine because they use names instead of numbers. I'm most probably totally wrong with all this but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Had a go at adding an outline on the England logo. Took me bloody ages! Not perfect but it's a start I suppose. Tell you what, I'm learning a whole lot about layers and shapes.

ky8E4Dp.png

qQsu7bn.png

kKfi5PE.png

D

Deleted member 9102

Tell you what, I'm learning a whole lot about layers and shapes.
I'm learning loads and getting way more efficient at Photoshop as well the more I play around with modding the game.

I recommend learning how to use the Pen Tool, that thing is absolute gold when making bats/shapes from scratch, smoothing edges etc.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Hi,

Would this same issue apply to how the game reads the textures in the textures folder? I ask because I'm assuming that for example when it comes editing the kits the game stores the current pattern_00_col through to pattern_25_col in a list in the game code so you can't just add a new pattern_26_col because the game doesn't know it exists. If this is the case how hard would it be to extend the list to say 60. That way we could replace those new files after pattern_25 and not touch the original ones one. The sponsors and bats would be a different story I'd imagine because they use names instead of numbers. I'm most probably totally wrong with all this but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks
Correct, all the textures are hard coded in which means they are referenced every time by the game. It's why we have to work on the viability of adding stuff before we commit to anything more right now.

We'd love to add as much as possible, but we also have to make sure we aren't taking too many resources away from our other productions.

D

Deleted member 9102

I hope that something can be done with regards to adding more textures - one of the main reasons I've taken an interest in modding this game was down to the vision of being able to make the game feel more immersive by implementing the attention to detail on things such as each team having an accurate kit, most players using their real life bat, different competitions/stadiums having their own stumps/adboards/pitchads/boundary ropes etc.

With it as it is now, once you've taken up the available slots with high quality stuff for the main players and teams (we're pretty much at that point already), there is little incentive for further modding.

I appreciate though that it's not reasonable for a large portion of Big Ant's resources to go towards working on this when there's little to no profitability in it but I'll keep my fingers crossed :).

Faizan94

School Cricketer
Just the international sides for now, I'll do Aus/Eng/IPL/BBL shortly.

attachment.php

Download is attached, see included readme file for installation instructions.
Hi Matt, I am really new to all this modding stuff and don't know how to activate them in game. Do we do it in the academy? I'm completely clueless.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Matt, I am really new to all this modding stuff and don't know how to activate them in game. Do we do it in the academy? I'm completely clueless.
You'll need to swap some of the logos around in the academy to suit the teams. Install them all first per the instructions, then go to the Don Bradman Academy menu option and press the 'Team Editor' option. Then just look down the list and see if any teams have the wrong logo - then just select that team, go to the 'Identity' section and choose the correct logo by just flipping through until you find the right one.

Most of the teams will be right as it is - as most just replace flags or ones that are fairly obvious recreations of the real world logo, but there's some duplicates.

Worth noting that any teams you change the logo on won't be reflected in ongoing matches or careers - so get it sorted before starting. If you don't like my logos - Alberts follows the same replacements, so you can just grab his logo pack without any additional editing.

Faizan94

School Cricketer
You'll need to swap some of the logos around in the academy to suit the teams. Install them all first per the instructions, then go to the Don Bradman Academy menu option and press the 'Team Editor' option. Then just look down the list and see if any teams have the wrong logo - then just select that team, go to the 'Identity' section and choose the correct logo by just flipping through until you find the right one.

Most of the teams will be right as it is - as most just replace flags or ones that are fairly obvious recreations of the real world logo, but there's some duplicates.

Worth noting that any teams you change the logo on won't be reflected in ongoing matches or careers - so get it sorted before starting. If you don't like my logos - Alberts follows the same replacements, so you can just grab his logo pack without any additional editing.

Thanks alot mate

Users who are viewing this thread