MattW Downloads - Channel Nine Overlay

maxtiger

Club Captain
It's been a while since my last release - so here's some logos
U8JaIhl.jpg

I'm about 90% sure I got all the teams right, I'm not familiar with them. I downloaded chandrakif's teams - about half of them need logos swapped over.

Download is attached, see included readme file for installation instructions!

can i add this Ranji Trophy in to my Career

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
can i add this Ranji Trophy in to my Career
If you have an existing ongoing one you'd need to work out how to rename all the different logos to match the assignments you have currently, and you would have clashes with other teams sharing the same logo.

If you want to try, there's a spreadsheet attached that tells you what file is what team's logo - you would need to match up the file name of the current logo to the correct one.

It is easiest to start a new career after fixing everything up correctly.

Attachments

• TeamLogos.xlsx
    11.4 KB · Views: 105

maxtiger

Club Captain
If you have an existing ongoing one you'd need to work out how to rename all the different logos to match the assignments you have currently, and you would have clashes with other teams sharing the same logo.

If you want to try, there's a spreadsheet attached that tells you what file is what team's logo - you would need to match up the file name of the current logo to the correct one.

It is easiest to start a new career after fixing everything up correctly.

currently i am playing my career & i was download you are ranji trophy team's but i can't find him in to my current played career
or ranji trophy in career mode

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Because as would have been said umpteen times, you have to manually change the teams that are used in Career mode via the Career Team Lists option

K0010

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well..this is something really unexpected from your side(ranji trophy stuffs)..but tremendous :thumbs

Blu_de_Kol

School Cricketer
Cheers to all the great work all are doing in the download threads !!! Greatly appreciate it !!!:clap

I have some questions. Please clarify.

1) How many maximum teams can we add in the DBC academy?

2) How many separate logos can be used in the game? Can we have individual logos for all teams including created ones in game or does some of the created teams have to share logos (as I am doing that currently)?

3) Can we create new competitions/domestic seasons in career mode like New Zealand domestic season or Ranji Trophy in Indian domestic season?

Thanks in advance !!!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't know. I haven't reached the limit if there is one.

2) How many separate logos can be used in the game? Can we have individual logos for all teams including created ones in game or does some of the created teams have to share logos (as I am doing that currently)?
137. If you have more teams than that they would have to share logos, if you have less they won't.

The logo packs I and others have released replace various teams, but in many cases you do need to manually edit downloaded teams to select the correct logo for them. Remember that you need to edit teams before starting a career.

3) Can we create new competitions/domestic seasons in career mode like New Zealand domestic season or Ranji Trophy in Indian domestic season?
You cannot create new ones, you simply replace the English or Australian teams with the other sides.

There's a tutorial here - Tutorial: - Playing career mode in other nations - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Blu_de_Kol

School Cricketer
I don't know. I haven't reached the limit if there is one.

137. If you have more teams than that they would have to share logos, if you have less they won't.

The logo packs I and others have released replace various teams, but in many cases you do need to manually edit downloaded teams to select the correct logo for them. Remember that you need to edit teams before starting a career.

You cannot create new ones, you simply replace the English or Australian teams with the other sides.

There's a tutorial here - Tutorial: - Playing career mode in other nations - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Hey MattW,

I am downloading some of the logo mods I see in your thread. They are in .7z extension. How can I open these to place required folder? I mean should I use WinZip or something like that?

Also if possible can you guide to any links or users for the logos of Zimbabwe league, Bangladesh Premier League and Pakistan League.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey MattW,

I am downloading some of the logo mods I see in your thread. They are in .7z extension. How can I open these to place required folder? I mean should I use WinZip or something like that?
7-Zip

Read the readme file once you have extracted the file.

kevinpp24

County Cricketer

I counted 199,after reaching that limit i was unable to create or download any other teams,for me it was a bit dissapointing,i wanted to keep all the domestic teams of the test playing nations along with some random teams from the online community,but didn't happen

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Also if possible can you guide to any links or users for the logos of Zimbabwe league, Bangladesh Premier League and Pakistan League.
It's a matter of getting good source images. There's also a problem of not enough unique spots for all the teams.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Also if possible can you guide to any links or users for the logos of Zimbabwe league
I have made them (they're not great quality) but I have no idea how to upload them.

Blu_de_Kol

School Cricketer
Here's how I do it -

Start off by making a logo at 256x256 - but leaving some space around the borders
View attachment 129616
So here's my green rectangle team logo!

I then chuck it through a tool that Win posted earlier, using the 'metal' preset - it gives it a nice drop shadow and a bit of a filter - which I think makes most logos look really nice and come up well in game.

Then, I start with the 'clubicons-mirrored-lg' one -

View attachment 129617
Template for you - just make the logo fit inside that black square, and optionally you could do the mirrored effect below it by flipping the logo and fading it - but I didn't bother.

Then, export that as a PNG keeping the transparancy, and then scale it horizontally to make it 190 pixels wide, and then make the canvas taller anchored at the top - to make it 240 pixels high (you're adding 19 pixels to the bottom after the scaling). This makes the clubicons-mirrored logo, export that out to PNG.

Then you'll want to make the ui logos - which involves placing the logo twice on the template below - the top bit is the scorebox logo - you'll need to have the logo to the left of the line and about as side as the box below, and then have the logo inside the lower box so that it all fits.

View attachment 129618
Export again to PNG as the 'ui-hud' logo.

Then, you want to go back to your original 256x256 logo, scale that down to 80x80 and export that to make your 'clubicons-small' logo. Returing to the original 256x256 image (if you used that program to put the effects on, I suggest using the plain image here), flip the logo vertically so that it is upside down and export - that's your kit-emblem logo.

Finally, make an 84x25 canvas and bring the logo into it and find a positioning that makes it look good - export that as your clubicons-cropped.

Now that you've made all these logos - put them all into one folder and get a DDS Converter (I use this one) and convert all the logos to the dds format. I find the RGBA setting works well for logos - but DXT3 may make it crash less.

Then you'll be left with a bunch of dds files - which need to be put into the appropriate game folders and then renamed to the filename of the logo you're going to use - I've attached the default logos in png format as 'logos.7z' - extract that somewhere and find the filename of the one you want to replace.

Then place the relevant files in their folders and rename them to the name of the logo you are replacing - so for example if you wanted to replace the Australian flag logo, all of them become 'f_austr.dds'
clubicons-mirrored-lg -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\textures\clubicons_mirrored_lg
clubicons-mirrored -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\textures\clubicons_mirrored
clubicons-small -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\textures\clubicons_small
clubicons-cropped -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\textures\clubicons_cropped
ui-hud -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\ui\hud\logos
kit-emblem -> My Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\characters\emblems

Then start the game and make sure the logo is set to the right one for the team in the academy. Some image editing programs might let you export a DDS straight away - but as all of the files need to be the same name, I find it easier to work with the PNGs.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi MattW,
I am trying to edit to create logos using MS Paint. But I am facing problem to save transparency while saving image as PNG. Which editing tool do you suggest for editing?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Which editing tool do you suggest for editing?
Just about everything except paint will work fine - recommendations would depend on your budget. Free tools like the GIMP or Paint.net should work fine - but I've not used them enough to give advice.

Users who are viewing this thread