New Zealand tour of Australia Nov-Dec 2015

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Ryder can be brilliant, but like people have said, it's his attitude and motivation that come into question. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him make a comeback at some stage, I think he might get a chance or two once Grant Elliott calls it a day, but it's hard to see him sticking around unless he sorts his shit out. I think McCullum has turned into a very "Have your fun, but don't piss around" kind of captain, and I think it's done wonders for us. So if Ryder wants back, he has to show he can behave himself. Pulling out of that A tour to the UAE definitely gave him a big black mark in the selectors books, and he didn't really have a lot of leeway anyways. It's his own fault, but still unfortunate.

Reactions: War

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ryder can be brilliant, but like people have said, it's his attitude and motivation that come into question. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him make a comeback at some stage, I think he might get a chance or two once Grant Elliott calls it a day, but it's hard to see him sticking around unless he sorts his shit out. I think McCullum has turned into a very "Have your fun, but don't piss around" kind of captain, and I think it's done wonders for us. So if Ryder wants back, he has to show he can behave himself. Pulling out of that A tour to the UAE definitely gave him a big black mark in the selectors books, and he didn't really have a lot of leeway anyways. It's his own fault, but still unfortunate.

Watching him in county cricket this season, while his batting hasn't been spectacular - his bowling has improved a fair deal, has been opening the bowling for Essex a lot across all formats.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm hoping Watling gets a chance in the OD team once Elliott retires, they have a similar playstyle

Believe

Club Captain
I actually agree there, and I'll add that I think Watling is probably one of the most talented batsmen we have at the moment. (KW being no.1).

I'm not so sure they would rope him in for Elliott though, I think they'll want another bloke they can get some overs from. And to be honest there aren't too many good (or even average) all-rounders floating around at the moment. Especially ones who bowl seam up. We've got shit-tons of bits and pieces "bowl some spin, bat at 7/8" type players, but none that I'd say were worthy of a call up.

I definitely think that Ryder is going to go through another "rehabilitation" phase so that they can bring him back, and try to fob off all the ultimatums they've already give him. Although that might be after Hess leaves, cos he seems to be a bloke who sticks with his decisions once made.

Chewie

BCCI President
Once McCullum/Elliott/Ronchi leave the team because they're all getting quite old, I reckon we could have Watling/Anderson/Neesham at 5-7, or even just bowl Williamson a bit more and just play one of the all-rounders

Believe

Club Captain
As long as they don't keep Munro I'll be happy. Although I reckon the selectors are stiffing the Cachopas (All of them). They've been doing pretty well the last couple seasons.

Chewie

BCCI President
I think one of them is playing cricket as a local in the UK now? Will Young is a talent though, good to see him on the A tour

Believe

Club Captain
Yeah, Craig Cachopa (I think?) went to Sussex or somesuch. Pity, cos I thought he was the best of the lot, and I have a feeling he actually did play International at some point..

I agree with Young and I think the A team as a whole were good selections.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think that Cachopa is playing as a kolpak; not entirely sure though. He's definitely been playing for Sussex though and has been decent, always hard to say with County attacks though

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Watching him in county cricket this season, while his batting hasn't been spectacular - his bowling has improved a fair deal, has been opening the bowling for Essex a lot across all formats.
His type of bowling is suited to the English county game though, not sure he'd be of much use at international level.

Believe

Club Captain
I'd say he's useful at International level, just not outstanding. (Better than Dernbach though ;) )

Chewie

BCCI President
It'd be good to see Santner get some time

Chewie

BCCI President
Oh I've just read it's for the test series. Interesting pick. He's probably the next best all-rounder to pick (him and Todd Astle I guess) but we have Neesham so do we really need to bring him over? Another batsman could have been a better option with Williamson picking up a few more overs if need be, and/or flying Santner over only if Neesham gets injured

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think that Cachopa is playing as a kolpak; not entirely sure though. He's definitely been playing for Sussex though and has been decent, always hard to say with County attacks though
They're all Portuguese nationals, so they can play as EU non-overseas players

Users who are viewing this thread