Steam update for DBC17 released

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
No idea but I don't get turn like that from a pristine pitch. Nor does it scuff up like yours.

In fact my AI doesn't play like that either haha. Odd!

I'm definitely on the latest build and I didn't have quick pitch wear on.

The only sliders I can remember changing for bowling are Pace Min Speed up, Pace Speed down and Pace Revs down (a lot)

I'm guessing you don't play on legendary? I think that is what makes the AI go a bit crazy with aggressive shots.

Spoobir

Mine are all default apart from pace turned up to 65/70.

I don't have the AI chipping to the infield anymore at all? Genuinely.

Plus I didn't have any bat pads in my innings.

I don't know what the defaults are. When I hit "return to default" on the menu it doesn't do anything unless I just changed it, then it just goes back to what I had it set to before.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
well i just think bowling in the current build is excellent. properly varied edges, tangible difference in experience based on the ball age and weather conditions and some immensely realistic dismissals.

being hyper critical:

1. bowled and LBW still too rare really. but i wouldn't trade them if it meant reducing the edges
  2. starting to see an increase in the smash the last ball for 4 regardless, especially if first 5 were dots. not as bad as before but it is increasing it seems?
i'm trying to dismiss the AI to force a last day innings win (they're 9 down, 40 overs to go and <150 runs behind making me bat again*) and i've been bowling with 2 slips, 2 gullys (ok 6th & 8th slip), a leg slip, a leg gully, and a short leg and they've all been in play. been wonderful.

*if it sounds like the AI have been steamrollered, that's not true. i simulated batting and got 640/7 (west indies rebel vs arosa sri lanka). they got 300+ first innings in 100 overs. 2nd innings they're 160-odd for 9 off 50 overs.

Spoobir

well i just think bowling in the current build is excellent. properly varied edges, tangible difference in experience based on the ball age and weather conditions and some immensely realistic dismissals.

being hyper critical:

1. bowled and LBW still too rare really. but i wouldn't trade them if it meant reducing the edges
  2. starting to see an increase in the smash the last ball for 4 regardless, especially if first 5 were dots. not as bad as before but it is increasing it seems?
i'm trying to dismiss the AI to force a last day innings win (they're 9 down, 40 overs to go and <150 runs behind making me bat again*) and i've been bowling with 2 slips, 2 gullys (ok 6th & 8th slip), a leg slip, a leg gully, and a short leg and they've all been in play. been wonderful.

*if it sounds like the AI have been steamrollered, that's not true. i simulated batting and got 640/7 (west indies rebel vs arosa sri lanka). they got 300+ first innings in 100 overs. 2nd innings they're 160-odd for 9 off 50 overs.

Any chance I could get your sliders blocker to try out?

Spoobir

Almost certain it will be all default!!

PLEASE see my post above. And if "default" means everything at 50 then I have no clue what is going on since my spin/friction etc are all <50, so how can I apparently be getting so much more spin than you?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Any chance I could get your sliders blocker to try out?

Default mate. I've never touched any of them.[DOUBLEPOST=1494751496][/DOUBLEPOST]
PLEASE see my post above. And if "default" means everything at 50 then I have no clue what is going on since my spin/friction etc are all <50, so how can I apparently be getting so much more spin than you?

No it just means it's whatever they are out the box. I haven't touched any of the physics sliders

Spoobir

Default mate. I've never touched any of them.[DOUBLEPOST=1494751496][/DOUBLEPOST]

No it just means it's whatever they are out the box. I haven't touched any of the physics sliders

Okay... So could someone kindly, if they have time and it's not too much bother, take a screenshot and post what the "out of the box" sliders look like. Since, as I already explained, pressing return to default on the sliders menu doesn't do anything for me and I'd prefer not to have to completely reinstall the game..

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Okay... So could someone kindly, if they have time and it's not too much bother, take a screenshot and post what the "out of the box" sliders look like. Since, as I already explained, pressing return to default on the sliders menu doesn't do anything for me and I'd prefer not to have to completely reinstall the game..

Gonna be out for a few hours but I'll screenshot mine for you later.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

One thing I would highly recommend is not setting ring fields!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
player attributes maybe? have you both downloaded the exact same team from academy?

Spoobir

One thing I would highly recommend is not setting ring fields!

First of all; a backward point and an extra cover is not a "ring field". Second of all; having to avoid certain fields to play around poor AI is not an acceptable solution in my opinion, otherwise why not just have 8 slips and a gully and the AI will be making 500+ in no time!!

Users who are viewing this thread