Steam update for DBC17 released

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No , they still have alot of Online issues to sort.
I don't personally play online, however my opinion from playing a lot of other online games is that even games with massive budgets have online issues, look at PES or Fifa for example, they had a dc glitch caused by button spam, therefore I don't personally believe the online for dbc 17 is going to be smooth

azkhan

Associate Captain
No , they still have alot of Online issues to sort.

I feel it's getting very close to be submitted in terms of how the game plays if the comments on this thread are anything to go by. Hopefully the main online issues are fixed. Great work by BA and the beta testers as the patch looks like it will be worth the wait :thumbs

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

International Coach
5df6506f18.png

There's my Lyon.

Yep, looks reasonably accurate. If any of the stats are too high for a top international bowler of his type, it's only by a couple of points here or there. I think it shouldn't result in him dominating the heck out of other teams, but there's one thing it doesn't tell me.

How good/bad are the stats for the West Indian players he was ripping through? :)

dom2110

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
well i just think bowling in the current build is excellent. properly varied edges, tangible difference in experience based on the ball age and weather conditions and some immensely realistic dismissals.

being hyper critical:

1. bowled and LBW still too rare really. but i wouldn't trade them if it meant reducing the edges
  2. starting to see an increase in the smash the last ball for 4 regardless, especially if first 5 were dots. not as bad as before but it is increasing it seems?.
It's still a shame we can't find that balance. Seeing the ball fly off the edges has been great to see but having just taken 5 wickets (3 bowled, 1 lbw and a c&b) on my PS4 career bowling to a plan it's annoying that I might not be able to do that after patch 4

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's still a shame we can't find that balance. Seeing the ball fly off the edges has been great to see but having just taken 5 wickets (3 bowled, 1 lbw and a c&b) on my PS4 career bowling to a plan it's annoying that I might not be able to do that after patch 4
keep in mind blocker is playing on veteran difficulty I believe, on lower difficulties it's most likely that the bowleds and lbws will be more common

Mondy

Club Captain
I'm not sure if the latest build hasn't registered in career mode because most of my dismissal are via bat pad with the batsman smashing it into their pads. Other than that I'm loving it

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Casual Test match - Ind vs Pak
Veteran Difficulty
Hardest bowling
Hardest batting
Pitch - Dry, soft, No cracks, overcast

treat to watch this edge off a beautiful Leg cutter by Shami...

Hats off to BA for all their hard work with the recent patches:thumbs:clap

P.S - sorry for the poor quality video

Last edited:

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
So, this may seem like a bit of a copout post but there are 133 pages here that I don't have time to read.

Very simple question:

For those who thought that the game was not fun before patch 4, do you think it is fun now?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i don't like ODIs (either in real life, or playing them in the game) so i've made a custom 25 over format that i'm play instead of ODIs in my tours etc.

been testing it out today with a view to seeing how the AI would do posting totals in a custom format:

7bYaL7s.jpg

turns out they did quite well! (note the Peter Willey strike rate if wondering about late innings acceleration.)

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ive just shared the following comment with BA about the beta:

in either 14 or 17 i've never felt such a tangible effect of weather and the ball as in this innings. i'd simulated my batting so i started bowling in the last session of day 2 in cloudy weather. at the start of the innings for the first 10 overs edges were everywhere. we went off for rain and came back next morning in sun, immediately edges dropped by a significant amount. as the ball got older, edges really thinned out. with the second new ball, they increased a little but it was sunny and they were nothing like the previous evening when cloudy. cannot praise that highly enough.

That sounds great block, when you simulate, does the pitch condition deteriorate? So simulating to the 4th day doesn't see a day 1 pitch.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I'd agree about the DBC 14 on commentators. I kinda miss those guys.

It gets repetitive on most sports games I've played. The key is to make it entertaining and varied.
I always liked the commentary on whichever game Had Bumble and Ian Bishop. Think it was IC2010. Please don't get Danny Morrison on board unless it's for t20 only. I can't watch the IPL when he's on. Ian Smith is a much better commentator and is funny with it. Holding, Bumble and Robin Jackman would be good. Like Atherton, and Ian Healy too. Pommie Mbangwa is also good.[DOUBLEPOST=1494781088][/DOUBLEPOST]
PLEASE see my post above. And if "default" means everything at 50 then I have no clue what is going on since my spin/friction etc are all <50, so how can I apparently be getting so much more spin than you?
Default spin is 33 not 50. Maybe that's why?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I always liked the commentary on whichever game Had Bumble and Ian Bishop. Think it was IC2010. Please don't get Danny Morrison on board unless it's for t20 only. I can't watch the IPL when he's on. Ian Smith is a much better commentator and is funny with it. Holding, Bumble and Robin Jackman would be good. Like Atherton, and Ian Healy too. Pommie Mbangwa is also good.[DOUBLEPOST=1494781088][/DOUBLEPOST]
Default spin is 33 not 50. Maybe that's why?
Danny Morrison is good on other stuff I've heard. He does have an indoor voice.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So, this may seem like a bit of a copout post but there are 133 pages here that I don't have time to read.

Very simple question:

For those who thought that the game was not fun before patch 4, do you think it is fun now?
If you thought it was fun before, this will be awesome. It has improved hundred fold.

Users who are viewing this thread