DBC17 press

graham

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thought start a press on DBC17..
Thanks to
Don Bradman Cricket 17 Arrives in December, Cricket Academy Demo Available Now - Operation Sports

Don Bradman Cricket 17 Arrives in December, Cricket Academy Demo Available Now

bullet.gif
11:53 AM - May 28, 2016 by Steve_OS
1464453899-media.jpg

Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd. and Big Ant Studios have just announced Don Bradman Cricket 17, scheduled to arrive in December for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The Don Bradman Cricket Academy demo is available now, allowing gamers to build their dream cricket team and get prepped for launch.

Read the full press release below.

In the lead up to the launch of the most lifelike cricket game ever designed, Don Bradman Cricket 17, Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) and video game developer, Big Ant Studios, have today announced that the successor to Don Bradman Cricket 14 shall be released later this year and that fans can get a taste of the action from today with the free Don Bradman Cricket Academy available now.

The Don Bradman Cricket Academy application allows gamers to build their dream cricket team and get prepped for the big competition when the full Don Bradman Cricket 17 game launches in December 2016. After downloading the Don Bradman Cricket Academy application, gamers will be able to create and customise their players with an unprecedented level of control.

Don Bradman Cricket 17 features a new lighting system that creates the most true-to-life characters yet, photo realistic skin tones, and 30 per cent more controls than in the predecessor for gamers to further refine their players. For the first time, gamers will be able to give their players tattoos enabling them to recreate their cricketing heroes and local club into the game with complete precision for the first time. Importing cricket players from the previous Don Bradman Cricket title also allows a seamless transition to the new Don Bradman Cricket 17 game for veterans making the upgrade.

Ross Symons, CEO of Big Ant Studios, said, “The first Don Bradman Cricket got us off to a great start, providing players with an authentic, exciting game of cricket that allowed them to feel like they were standing in the middle of the oval, right on the pitch. Now, we’re taking that realism further with the advanced new engine we have developed this year. The impending release of the Don Bradman Cricket Academy will give players a taste of just how far things have come.”

The Academy will also give gamers a sense of what the final Don Bradman Cricket 17 will look and feel like with its new engine, as Big Ant Studios will continue to update the application in the lead up to the big release, including the addition of playable content.

“Cricket is a sport that is loved across the globe and works so well as a video game. We are absolutely committed to growing the game and giving players the best possible cricket experience possible,” Symons said.

The release of Don Bradman Cricket 17 in December on PlayStation4, Xbox One and PC will allow cricket fans to get stuck right into their sport right in the heat of the season. “Home Entertainment Suppliers is proud to be publishing the most authentic and realistic cricket game that we have ever seen,” Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES, said. “This game is bigger and better than the previous release in every way, and we look forward to sharing more details about innovations to the cricket genre in the lead up to its release.

Last edited:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"....there's no need to send this game for review, the decisions final!"

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Follow Poland to rebuild games industry: Big Ant Studios' CEO | afr.com

though not dbc, nice read from ross, i wish india would follow this model too, were they dont even recognise this much as a sector and hardly get any recognition! There is not even a central association other than nasscom here to plead case with govt!

It's a little tongue in cheek (as you know sometimes what I am saying is not what I am saying... :p)

I helped get the Australian Government to put a fund together and it was very successful, Poland copied our fund because of our success, our newly elected Government then killed the fund in their first budget. So me saying we should copy Poland was probably a little cheeky to those who know.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
i've never understood why governments decide to cut things like that; surely they're losing more money in the long term through increased tax revenues (from both the company and the people that it employs) than they lose by investing in the industry. Then again short termism is basically how most governments manage to win elections...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i've never understood why governments decide to cut things like that; surely they're losing more money in the long term through increased tax revenues (from both the company and the people that it employs) than they lose by investing in the industry. Then again short termism is basically how most governments manage to win elections...

A bit off-topic but the answer in this case was politics, Minister Crean, that put the programme in place, retired and the incoming Minister crudely undid everything that the Crean Ministry had done regardless of merit - it was a very sad day for all of the Arts, other Arts were decimated too and it was an unveiled, pointed attack at Crean's legacy. The budget read something like "cutting xxxx $1 Billion, cutting yyyy $250 Million, cutting games fund $10 Million, cutting zzzz $450 Million, cutting aaaa $250 Million" the money saved was insignificant to the budget - the incoming Minister *hated* the games industry in particular and went out his way to actually define in legislation that games are strictly not Art in any way shape or form so as to stop anyone from obtaining any Arts funding for games or related ventures. To add a game to your Film for example could see the Film not government funded.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
That's ridiculous in many ways, and I really hate that sort of snobbishness against the games industry. I don't want to spark a "are video games art" debate since they never end well, bit hopefully people agree that if you're funding the film industry on artistic grounds then you should use the same criteria to fund the video games industry.

grkrama

National Board President
Video game is certainly an art industry, My recent experience was grabbing a cold one and catching up with a vampire friend in the cemetery while the crows were doing some reckon work for us, if thats not art i dont know what is! Compared to movies games often takes years to make, the kind of commitment it needs from the creators to make it!

Its probably the most misunderstood industry as well as most underappreciated!

, Minister Crean, that put the programme in place, retired and the incoming Minister crudely undid everything that the Crean Ministry had done regardless of merit

somehow politicians seems to share the same dna regardless were they are :facepalm , we have a couple of Chief ministers who alternate in our state every term and the their first job as soon as they get elected to office is to cancel or stall the plans and policies put out by the other!
soemtime back one of them wanted to close a library in our city [which is the largest library in southasia] because it was made by the other thankfully a few protests later that has been averted!

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
somehow politicians seems to share the same dna regardless were they are :facepalm , we have a couple of Chief ministers who alternate in our state every term and the their first job as soon as they get elected to office is to cancel or stall the plans and policies put out by the other!
soemtime back one of them wanted to close a library in our city [which is the largest library in southasia] because it was made by the other thankfully a few protests later that has been averted!

Yeah I remember that. The whole new secretariat was made into a Hospital just cause it was built during the opposition's tenure. Thankfully the library was saved but it was made sure it wasn't well maintained right. Sad :/

And about Video games being art. Isn't anything creative an art?

Users who are viewing this thread