DBC17 press

gunit123

County Cricketer
Following on from my previous James Taylor tweet:

98b654a70b8daa446a90ee61b5ad51c0.png

I think that's @SpitfiresKent tweet (so credit goes to him)

kasabian21

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Inb4 all media outlets and people slagging the graphics off change their views once they actually play the game.

D

Dutch

After stating that 48% of gamers are women, they then say that believing "most" gamers are men is cognitive dissonance.

Is the person who wrote that a highly placed official in the UK Remain campaign? They also believe 48% = majority.
What she is saying is that although a majority of people think that most gamers are men, in fact 48 % are women....a sound and interesting statement...

Chief

Panel of Selectors
After stating that 48% of gamers are women, they then say that believing "most" gamers are men is cognitive dissonance.

Is the person who wrote that a highly placed official in the UK Remain campaign? They also believe 48% = majority.

My reading is that the two figures are hard to compare, because it's not a flipped question: A better question would have been to ask people what percentage of gamers they thought were female, and compare that to the facts: THAT would show cognitive dissonance.[DOUBLEPOST=1481132146][/DOUBLEPOST]
Clearly needs a 2nd poll

Yep - A better question would probably get a much more understandable answer.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My reading is that the two figures are hard to compare, because it's not a flipped question: A better question would have been to ask people what percentage of gamers they thought were female, and compare that to the facts: THAT would show cognitive dissonance.[DOUBLEPOST=1481132146][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yep - A better question would probably get a much more understandable answer.

Believing something to be the case (females are a very small minority of gamers) when the truth is different (females are a large minority in fact almost half) isn't cognitive dissonance. It's just being wrong.

Cognitive dissonance is holding 2 contradictory views and ignoring the contradiction (e.g. thinking aussies only are good for making wine and being bitten by crocs, while simultaneously being pants-wettingly excited about DBC17.)

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Believing something to be the case (females are a very small minority of gamers) when the truth is different (females are a large minority in fact almost half) isn't cognitive dissonance. It's just being wrong.

Cognitive dissonance is holding 2 contradictory views and ignoring the contradiction (e.g. thinking aussies only are good for making wine and being bitten by crocs, while simultaneously being pants-wettingly excited about DBC17.)

Yeah: fair point. I didn't think that through enough. I was too busy excitedly trying to do a clever Brexit joke probably if I'm being honest.

BTW I've been campaigning that when the Pew Research people do video games studies, it should rebrand as "Pew-Pew-Pew Research"... They have yet to return my emails.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah: fair point. I didn't think that through enough. I was too busy excitedly trying to do a clever Brexit joke probably if I'm being honest.

BTW I've been campaigning that when the Pew Research people do video games studies, it should rebrand as "Pew-Pew-Pew Research"... They have yet to return my emails.

Best Brexit joke I've seen is Guido tweeting that Tim Farron is an anagram of A Minor Fart

Users who are viewing this thread