Steam update for DBC17 released

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
player attributes maybe? have you both downloaded the exact same team from academy?

I specifically went into the training ground and I was getting pretty much the same spin on hard/pristine/dry wickets even with the player skill set as "very poor"

Wealey

ICC Board Member
First of all; a backward point and an extra cover is not a "ring field". Second of all; having to avoid certain fields to play around poor AI is not an acceptable solution in my opinion, otherwise why not just have 8 slips and a gully and the AI will be making 500+ in no time!!

First of all... I'm trying to help. I wasn't suggesting you did, I was just saying it incase you did.

I'll let you crack on and figure it out yourself.

sweet magee

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm on console and know stats have been looked at now but wondered if in career mode the matches won stat is correct now ? Just noticed my stats show zero wins from my first four first class games but the team won the last two, can't remember the other two games as I hadn't played for ages until today.

Spoobir

Just what I was thinking too as a possible reason.

5df6506f18.png

There's my Lyon.

DeadShot

Club Captain
One thing I would highly recommend is not setting ring fields!
As suggested by you sometime back while playing with patch 3, I used to set Inner field position to Back to reduce the number of AI dismissals with chip shot. Is it still needed?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
As suggested by you sometime back while playing with patch 3, I used to set Inner field position to Back to reduce the number of AI dismissals with chip shot. Is it still needed?

I wouldn't say so no. In fact the curent test I'm playing they have been set to default and I have had no one dismissed in the ring.

I have found that if your not great at bowling, or don't get it bang on, the AI will try punish it. But that can result in the chipped aerial shots.

However Pakistan 336 and 120/3 veteran Hard bowling and all dismissals genuine.

Spoobir

I have found that if your not great at bowling, or don't get it bang on, the AI will try punish it. But that can result in the chipped aerial shots.

I think this is the problem with Legendary AI that I had, they really went after anything loose and often the ball ended up in the air.

DeadShot

Club Captain
I wouldn't say so no. In fact the curent test I'm playing they have been set to default and I have had no one dismissed in the ring.

However Pakistan 336 and 120/3 veteran Hard bowling and all dismissals genuine.
Thanks!

First, I Will play with default setting and see how it goes.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Balance seems pretty good in latest build.

Spinners still seem a bit strong to me even on non spin friendly surfaces. Might just be that I can't land a catch from fast bowlers to save my life, everything gets dropped!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
First of all; a backward point and an extra cover is not a "ring field". Second of all; having to avoid certain fields to play around poor AI is not an acceptable solution in my opinion, otherwise why not just have 8 slips and a gully and the AI will be making 500+ in no time!!

His point is the more realistic the field the more realistic the result. Generally there are gaps and that release does help the AI avoid suicide shots.

It sounds like that wasn't your issue though.[DOUBLEPOST=1494758737][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cant wait for this to drop on console :) it's like the game is being re-born

I think that's pretty much exactly what's happened. It's a big step forward from where it was

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Thanks, I have not got chance to play since Friday ... will take an update today and get hands on ...

Is everything done with patch 4 can we expect release on consoles soon?

No , they still have alot of Online issues to sort.

Users who are viewing this thread