Steam update for DBC17 released

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Your in no position to answer that question, they will release when they are ready not when you feel is ready....

And in my opinion we are pretty close

Yeah , if there was no Online Option , I think they could go ahead and release , based on all the feedback on here.

But in my opinion , without fixing the Online issues they are not close.

Just because you dont play this segment of the game , does not mean it can be ignored.

I mean , look at this Bug Report just today by @funnyadit, on online Play . One of the biggest culprits is still there , with alot of others. How do you just ignore these and release ??

Game Version Number: 0.1.0.1.0975
Game Mode: Online
Match Type:
T10
Teams used:
India vs WI
Ground: N/A
Over Count: N/A
Issue (one line description): Overthrows and boundary awarded 8 runs..
Bug description (detail): Some times the game just lets the ball go to the boundary for 4 overthrows even when fielders are lined up for backup..
And a boundary was given as 8 runs to the team..

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yeah , if there was no Online Option , I think they could go ahead and release , based on all the feedback on here.

Just because you dont play this segment of the game , does not mean it can be ignored.

Wasn't what I said at all. We have spoken about online.

My point was you said we wasn't close.

You have no idea or no say in whether it's close or not. Could be tomorrow if they wanted

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

I think what he meant was it's BA's call not yours.

My understanding is that lots of the changes made should improve online but there are so many uncontrollable elements terms of connection and data loss that a commitment of specific fixes is not possible.

I can only say I have a crap PC and a Wi-Fi connection and I've not experienced most of your list in any game I've played.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

My understanding is that lots of the changes made should improve online but there are so many uncontrollable elements terms of connection and data loss that a commitment of specific fixes is not possible.

I can only say I have a crap PC and a Wi-Fi connection and I've not experienced most of your list in any game I've played.

Exactly what I meant. He's saying they cannot realease because of......

They can release whenever they want or see fit.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa

I understand what your saying Dave , ultimately its BA`s call when they release .

Would just be a massive let down after waiting for 5 months for the famed Patch 4 , to find out that the whole Online Segment has been largely overlooked .

It would mean that the already barren online environment , would then become totally silent. For a game released in the age of the Internet , that would be a real shame . There is a good reason I`m the only one with a functioning Online league , vs the multiple leagues in DBC14.

I get the Connection is allways the unknown factor , but alot of the glitches I mentioned in my list manifests in any online game .

Some of them only comes out in bad connections .

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I understand what your saying Dave , ultimately its BA`s call when they release .

Would just be a massive let down after waiting for 5 months for the famed Patch 4 , to find out that the whole Online Segment has been largely overlooked .

It would mean that the already barren online environment , would then become totally barren . For a game released in the age of the Internet , that would be a real shame .

I get the Connection is allways the unknown factor , but alot of the glitches I mentioned in my list manifests in any online game .

Well for what it's worth, it hasn't been just ignored. It's all been listened to.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

If you're of the opinion it's been largely overlooked you're unlikely to be ever satisfied by what they do.

Lots of the improvements apply on and offline. Plus the other improvements they've made specific to online.

It's not been overlooked.

And if a lot of them you say come out in any game and I'm saying I've not experienced them why do you persist in the idea they've not been fixed?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
If you're of the opinion it's been largely overlooked you're unlikely to be ever satisfied by what they do.

Lots of the improvements apply on and offline. Plus the other improvements they've made specific to online.

It's not been overlooked.

And if a lot of them you say come out in any game and I'm saying I've not experienced them why do you persist in the idea they've not been fixed?

I`m missing you on the last sentence .

I`ve sent the List with all the supporting scenarios of how they happen through yesterday to you and a few others , and have not received a mail back to aknowledge that they have been fixed . Hence I must assume they arent yet.

Or Does this mean its all sorted on the PC Beta version , by your post just now ?

If so , its all happy days .

BUT , if we get the patch on Console and its still the same , what then ?

Will there be a Patch 5 to sort these issues out ?

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@blockerdave any chance of those sliders? :cheers

If you go to settings mate on the home screen. Sliders and just make sure all at default. Only thing I change slightly is the pace.[DOUBLEPOST=1494782807][/DOUBLEPOST]

Does this mean its all sorted on the PC Beta version ?

I'd say unlikely.

However I also have no clue

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Well for what it's worth, it hasn't been just ignored. It's all been listened to.

This is appreciated alot , even if my second language make me sound ungratefull .

The problem is just , that it seems certain straight forward , lets call it no-brainers , seem to be still happening .

But I will keep quiet from now on in , sit back , and wait for the patch to be released when BA feels it can be released .

I was in no way playing down anyones effort , I can clearly see from all the videos and the impressive list of what was fixed that alot has happened .

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Does this mean its all sorted on the PC Beta version ?

I'm saying I haven't played as much as you online, and never will do as it's just not my bag. But in the few online games I have tried I simply didn't see the items on your list. If you're saying lots of them happen every game, and I haven't seen them, then they must have improved. I'm not saying they'll never appear, I'm saying I didn't see them.[DOUBLEPOST=1494782983][/DOUBLEPOST]
@blockerdave any chance of those sliders? :cheers

Will get them asap...

Users who are viewing this thread