Cricket Leagues - Feedback and Suggestions

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Any good leagues going around atm?

There is definitely lack of activeness in this section.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I have a suggestion for the managers that use auctions (like this) . Say, for example, i bid 3 M on AB de Villiers, and win the bid, with the next highest bidder being 1.2 M. My suggestion is to reduce the actual winning bid to the lowest possible winning bid, in this case 1.3 M. In this way, it will be easier for everyone to get the players they want, and the league will be much more balanced.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have a suggestion for the managers that use auctions (like this) . Say, for example, i bid 3 M on AB de Villiers, and win the bid, with the next highest bidder being 1.2 M. My suggestion is to reduce the actual winning bid to the lowest possible winning bid, in this case 1.3 M. In this way, it will be easier for everyone to get the players they want, and the league will be much more balanced.
My concern here is, it won't be helpful at certain point of auction phase. Because, it will be a big disadvantage for those who want to play fair. If the above system is implemented, then we can see big bid amounts like 5M while their budget cap is just 10M. They do this just because they are assured that the price is reduced to reasonable amount next to 2nd best bid.

It's nothing but waste of auction and it's thrill and interest.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My concern here is, it won't be helpful at certain point of auction phase. Because, it will be a big disadvantage for those who want to play fair. If the above system is implemented, then we can see big bid amounts like 5M while their budget cap is just 10M. They do this just because they are assured that the price is reduced to reasonable amount next to 2nd best bid.
The limit should be the actual amount you are actually alowed to spend, e.g if you have 5M left and need 5 players, the maximum you can bid on 1 player is 1M. Plus, i do not think someone would bid that high, because there would be a chance that someone bids nearly as high, and a lot of money is wasted.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Up to the league manager.
I don't like the idea though. Why bid 3M if you want to save money?
It is the team managers job to bid sensibly.

The limit should be the actual amount you are actually alowed to spend, e.g if you have 5M left and need 5 players, the maximum you can bid on 1 player is 1M. Plus, i do not think someone would bid that high, because there would be a chance that someone bids nearly as high, and a lot of money is wasted.
What if they are doing that in the first three rounds they can easily get 2 players in each round.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I seen that there was a Champions Champions League and it would be interesting to do something similar, like champions league of just the associate teams who have won one of the leagues in this section.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I seen that there was a Champions Champions League and it would be interesting to do something similar, like champions league of just the associate teams who have won one of the leagues in this section.
The champions from UAE are available.... Emirates Premier League... (Link in Siggy)

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
We have that, we have the original Champions League, we have the Asian Champions League, we have the Champions League Twenty20, do we really need that though?

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Even I don't agree with this. Whole point of auction is to bid smartly to get your players. If you ( not you, but in general ) want to save money, don't bid for a high amount.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Anyone interested in county cricket league? 18 teams, which is quite huge number, but would like to see if that's good of a thing to go.

Yes. I'm.

EDIT: just realized there are no teams up for grabs. Sometime later then.

Users who are viewing this thread