This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Apologies if this has already been asked and I missed it.
Are there any additional game modes this time around?
I.e. Maybe some ashes scenarios?

Although I realise that there may be licensing issues for ex ashes players

I’m not sure if we’re able to answer that (irrespective of whether it’s yes or no answer)

If you don't mind will you please answer the following questions:
1)Does AI bat out 50 overs?
2)is there any improvement in commentary?

1. I’ve had them survive the 50 overs
2. Improvement is subjective and ambiguous. It’s nice having three commentators. But like other beta testers, I don’t tend to listen to the commentary

gamer22

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I’m not sure if we’re able to answer that (irrespective of whether it’s yes or no answer)

1. I’ve had them survive the 50 overs
2. Improvement is subjective and ambiguous. It’s nice having three commentators. But like other beta testers, I don’t tend to listen to the commentary
I don't think it's subjective at all. If they are talking about the current match situation, that's improvement.

Moeez

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Anymore questions on the beta process that haven’t already been asked?
I have is it 1080/60p on PS4 and just want to confirm that all user created content means custom logo's and each and everything will be shared on PS4/XB1 too?

Because i may buy it on PS4 have nothing on PC release yet so waiting will be really difficult.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Going by the videos that have been done I'd say there is a massive improvement. Even still, I probably won't have it on while I'm playing.[DOUBLEPOST=1510190839][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have is it 1080/60p on PS4 and just want to confirm that all user created content means custom logo's and each and everything will be shared on PS4/XB1 too?

Because i may buy it on PS4 have nothing on PC release yet so waiting will be really difficult.
Shared across all platforms.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't think it's subjective at all. If they are talking about the current match situation, that's improvement.

Where as if they’re talking less, then that’s an improvement for me. See, subjective.

I would describe it as a polished version of 17. By no means does it reinvent the wheel. You’re not going to hear stories or conversations.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Beta testers: within the bounds of what you're allowed to say, and if you can't then just say 'can't say' (I like the mystery), answer me these questions three.

What is the biggest improvement on past BA cricket games?
What was the best surprise?
What are you most looking forward to the rest of us experiencing?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Beta testers: within the bounds of what you're allowed to say, and if you can't then just say 'can't say' (I like the mystery), answer me these questions three.

What is the biggest improvement on past BA cricket games?
What was the best surprise?
What are you most looking forward to the rest of us experiencing?

• Animations
  • The initial surprise of the licensed content
  • No one complaining about stats, quality of licensed content and the general improvements to batting and bowling (especially bowling mechanics)
Edit: ‘Nice Gary’ was also a good surprise

Kass D

County Cricketer
How about the AI. Is the AI smart or tactical to challenge a gamer with solid understanding of cricket ?

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Hey Guys amazing videos so far, couple of request could we get videos on ODI and T20i & video on Career mode would be awesome too

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No. He needs to understand we are under no obligation to answer anything.

Your post didn't even come close to communicating that. Simply saying, 'We are under no obligation to answer anything!' would have been much clearer.

The batsman swings and misses at 0:22.
The first commentator says "misread that one. Couldn't get the drive away".
Then Slater says "goes through to the wicketkeeper. No shot offered".

Bro, this thread isn't for reporting issues. There is no purpose for posting this here. Wait for the game to launch and a dedicated thread to be opened for all of this.

Anymore questions on the beta process that haven’t already been asked?
During death overs in AI chases, do you think the AI provides their better batsman more strike and pick weaker bowlers to play aggressive strokes?

So far in previous games, they seemed to play on the defensive side in final overs whether it's first batting or chasing. How do you feel about the improvement made with respect to AI in these circumstances?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Your post didn't even come close to communicating that. Simply saying, 'We are under no obligation to answer anything!' would have been much clearer.

Bro, this thread isn't for reporting issues. There is no purpose for posting this here. Wait for the game to launch and a dedicated thread to be opened for all of this.

During death overs in AI chases, do you think the AI provides their better batsman more strike and pick weaker bowlers to play aggressive strokes?

So far in previous games, they seemed to play on the defensive side in final overs whether it's first batting or chasing. How do you feel about the improvement made with respect to AI in these circumstances?

I haven’t found the AI to have reached that level of nuance yet. They’re certainly less defensive (less blocks and more boundaries), but strike rotation/non-rotation isn’t an obvious trait

kulch

Club Captain
The commentary seems improved alot. Less is more. It's a sport that doesn't need talking all the time. The odd story/memory here and there. "supershot that" after great strokes. I recall BLIC/Warne's absolutely nailed the commentary structure and this appears closer to that game than any other in terms of commentary

Reactions: DAP

ndschan

Club Captain
Because I'm just a nice guy.. check if you can all view this in HD for me... it's not what I was going to post but some of you on here are quite nice.

I'm going to post something different this is just a tester and I already had it recorded!

Correct me if I am wrong mate, @WealeyH , the footwork for Cummins was visibly different. His feet weren't near the pitch of the ball like Maxwell whilst cover driving. Great to see.

Users who are viewing this thread