This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
@Spoobir following on from earlier post re career: yes Ireland have Test Status so I assume Afghanistan do to (I started a star player career as "Cohen Yearwood" (I assume Craig Young) and got called into Ireland Test squad vs Bangladesh.

Not able to answer the other bits at present, sorry.

Damn that's awesome. :thumbs

Thehairygamer

Club Cricketer
Hey guys, I wanted to say that I have loved reading through this the last few days, and finding out little bits of info here and there along with the videos. I do have a question that I don't think has been asked yet. In career mode, have the teams at club level remained the same or are they different ones from DBC17? Just curious and no big deal if you can't answer. Keep up the great work guys

D

Dutch

Anyway back to topic. Describe your favourite wicket you've got to me. :p (open question to anyone on the beta team)
Mine has to be bringing Broad back on. England under the cosh Aussies 200 for 3 or something: Smith going great: I decide to bowl some short stuff as the pitch was tame but Broad was getting some extra bounce with his height (which the game does really well) Broad got some nice bounce and zip off the surface.....Smith jumped back with a defensive bat straight in front of his chest....the ball took an outside edge and the ball flies to a gleefull gully..... opened up an end and Aussies were soon 236 for 6.....then it swung again with Maxwell scratching a partnership together.......

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hey guys, I wanted to say that I have loved reading through this the last few days, and finding out little bits of info here and there along with the videos. I do have a question that I don't think has been asked yet. In career mode, have the teams at club level remained the same or are they different ones from DBC17? Just curious and no big deal if you can't answer. Keep up the great work guys

honestly didn't play enough in dbc17 to tell.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hello all,

Is there any way to know whether players can retire from specific forms of cricket in career. Like Cook playing Tests but not limited overs stuff? Might be asking too much but would be spectacular if it was there.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Enjoy, next bits coming now.....

The batsman swings and misses at 0:22.
The first commentator says "misread that one. Couldn't get the drive away".
Then Slater says "goes through to the wicketkeeper. No shot offered".

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nice videos @WealeyH ! Did you focus mostly on longer formats or also spent time on shorter formats as well? If you have a recorded gameplay video of a shorter format (say T20) and don't mind sharing it, would love to watch it.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The batsman swings and misses at 0:22.
The first commentator says "misread that one. Couldn't get the drive away".
Then Slater says "goes through to the wicketkeeper. No shot offered".

IMO the best way to play a sports title is to turn off the commentary coz no matter how good or detailed the commentary is, it becomes stale after a few sittings. That's why love the "less is more" approach Ashes has taken but even then I'll probably turn it off within a week.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We must appreciate the work of Beta testers behind the scenes and especially Wealeyh for bringing out nice vids of gameplay. I am feeling lot in hearing so much negative comments from a bunch of immature negative minded kid like people .

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Anymore questions on the beta process that haven’t already been asked?

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anymore questions on the beta process that haven’t already been asked?

Apologies if this has already been asked and I missed it.
Are there any additional game modes this time around?
I.e. Maybe some ashes scenarios?

Although I realise that there may be licensing issues for ex ashes players

Users who are viewing this thread