PC Bugs noticed so far

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I was going to compliment the game on the empty grounds for the league level and the echos when game 3 we are suddenly playing in a massive sold out stadium -great experience for youngsters making there way in the game

runner4life

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ever since the recent windows update my game has been running cutscenes and fielding (after hit) at 60fps and bowling, run up at 30fps. Dead on each target each time.

There is something seriously wrong with the engine they use. I have never played a game so sporadic and inconsistent. It is game breaking.

I know of many many others that are suffering the same fate and it is most disappointing!

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The ball goes to six after hitting the pads of AI batsman while i am bowling several times this happened. I have vids of proof and it is weird and frustrating.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The ball goes to six after hitting the pads of AI batsman while i am bowling several times this happened. I have vids of proof and it is weird and frustrating.

I would love to see the video of a padded delivery going for a 6.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Sometimes the ball physics does seem to be a tad odd. I've had bottom-edge nicks on cut shots going at great speed for 4 through square leg of all places...and I mean going like a rocket too. I also had a situation yesterday where (as the batter) the ball hit my body and then the top of one glove and the ball almost went into orbit before eventually returning and being caught at deep third man.

JustUrCommonGamer

School Cricketer
Noticed a few more bugs that are starting to annoy me a bit.
  • Running between the wickets doesn't always work like it should. This is mostly with AI, where one of the batsmen takes off but the other doesn't. Then the one who took off stutters in the middle going back and forth until he decides to return to his crease, the other batsmen finally takes off, or he is stumped. This has resulted in an easy wicket for me on a couple of occasions. I've also lost a wicket in a case where there should of been an single on, but one of the batsmen didn't want to run until it was too late. First video is an AI run out, second was when I was batting.
  • When Bowling short balls, if the batsmen ducks under the ball its always called a bouncer, even if it would have only been chest high if he had been standing up. All the AI has to do is duck under the ball twice in an over and I can't bowl short out of fear of bowling a no ball. The delivery in the below video was called a bouncer
  • Some of the AI fielding is questionable at times. The ball will roll past a near by fielder just to be collected by someone further out, costing runs. Even when the AI is batting, A fielder is auto selected for you, but sometimes it selects a fielder who is further out when there is someone closer who should of been able to stop the ball for a single but instead it goes on for 2, 3 , or even 4. Notice how instead of diving in an attempt to stop the ball, he runs towards the ball, past it, and continues running straight! Complete muppet.
  • Sometimes when the ball goes past a fielder they will do this weird slow running thing that clearly shouldn't be happening. Probably not the best example but it happens quite often.

I don't want it to come across that I'm bashing the game or Big Ant, so I'll just renforce that I'm enjoying Ashes Cricket (despite the bugs) and I look forward to improvements made by Big Ant in the future. :)

Last edited:

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
  • lastly, The below video is from when I was bowling. I appealed for LBW, it was given not out so I reviewed it. Even though it was going on to hit the stumps, the decision was not over turned. Even though impact was outside off stump, it was hitting the wickets with 100% of the ball, so it should of been overturned. Am I right? Correct me if this isn't a bug and is just my understanding of DRS being wrong.
that's not bug... in real cricket too, that was notout... if any one of three turns green, 3rd umpire need to give that as notout...

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
re mens casual game not showing problem
If you delete the academy creations files in profiles and then switch off steam saving in cloud then it works but you don't have any academy data.I will be re-downloading academy data and will see if i can pin point what is causing it.

J4zz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Ball got stuck to the bowlers hand while delivery & was unable to bowl the next ball :(

balkeet

International Coach
Ball got stuck to the bowlers hand while delivery & was unable to bowl the next ball :(

I think bails have been dislodged by bowler in his stride, happens to me too, close game window and start the saved game from the same over again

J4zz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I think bails have been dislodged by bowler in his stride, happens to me too, close game window and start the saved game from the same over again

Ya,i tried that & it worked :)

Users who are viewing this thread