PC Bugs noticed so far

Akhilsaj

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Mr. Ross Symons/BigAnt Team,

Happy New Year to you.

My steam ID is hany11052, Steam name is Sahil.

I am one of the admins of Ashes & DBC Cricket Gaming 17 - facebook group.

I played DBC 14 for 1600+ hrs and really enjoyed it. It was running beautifully.

We guys ran many online tournaments and it was amazing experience.

I am very thankful to you guys for producing such a great game.

I also purchased DBC 17, but had some issues with bugs in DBC 17. I played it for 100+ hrs only. We never got enough updates.

Now coming back to the issues/bugs of Ashes Cricket

I purchased the game on the 1st day on steam, i thought it would be a great fun as it has two licensed team & game trailer was amazing.

My PC specifications are very high, i can play Fifa & other games on Ultra graphics setting.

My internet connection speed is 75 MBPS, and ping is 1.

One thing i appreciate is online connection with 2 players (wherever he is or whatever is internet speed) is very very good, there is almost no lag.

I played few hours in offline, and enjoyed a bit. But now after playing for almost two weeks for around 50 hrs, i am facing many problems in offline/online mode.

I am feeling really sad when i play Ashes Cricket on PC.

I expected alot more from you guys.

And i feel right now DBC 14 is much much better than 17.

Let me explain the issues:

1. Animations of lofted cut shots towards third man are not good at all. It looks like batsman is playing towards point.

2. When we play aggressive cut shots towards point, it feels like batsman just touches the ball and it goes for a six with so much of power.

3. We play in a legend mode, but still if we hit the ball it crosses the boundary with tremendous power whether u time it well or not. Short Arm Jabs are going for sixes.

4. Fielders are very slow, whenever we hit the balls outside 30 yard circle, we can very easily take 2 runs.

5. We are not able to play Lofted Scoop/Dilscoop shots consistently, most of the times batsman plays reverse sweep/sweep. And even if batsman connects ball goes to Fine Leg, not finer than that, not able to play over the keeper or just wide.

6. Kindly correct the controls of unorthodox shots, sometimes batsman play different shots.

7. Kindly change the button of advance shot in classic controls, sometimes if we try to play shot in a hurry, batsman ends up advancing down the crease.

8. If we play lofted hook or pull against pacers, it rarely connects. Its very hard to play behind square against any bowler.

9. If medium bowler bowls slow short ball, its almost impossible to connect it with the bat.

10.In running, if we press cancel run button on 2nd or 3rd run, sometimes batsman just stops while returning and get run-out.

11.There are some issues with saving the game, sometimes we cant resume the game.

12.Sometimes fielders take the catch, but umpire doesn't give it out.

13.There are many errors/mistakes in commentary, bowler gives 15 runs n it says good over.

14.Created player's or team's names are still shown as "Censored".

Not the biggest issue:

15.Batsman moves in the crease very freely unlike DBC 14, some players in online matches just stands well outside off stump and hits the ball towards legside easily without getting bowled, it looks very unrealistic. I have lost the interest in playing online now. Now due to this issue we are just confused whether to run tournaments in our group or not. (I have also uploaded online game play video of it)

I have also ran a poll in our group regarding these issues and everyone is admitting that they are also facing the same issues.

Please solve/fix this issues soon and release the new update.

We really love cricket.

And anticipating your response soon.

I really hope you guys will make it much better than DBC 14 soon.

Thanks..

Sahil

Ashes Cricket, DBC 14 & 17 PC Gamer
Thanks Sahil. My query has been answered. Dbc 14 still tops in gameplay and online. May be ashes can overcome 14 in future with appropriate patches. Till then 14 for me.

J4zz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I cant play any Mens casual games from last night.... I don't know what has gone wrong.... As soon as i open casual mens match and tend to select a team, the game crashes to desktop without any error messages...... Career runs fine though ....It is frustrating guys...... Any solution...??
Women's casual runs without problem

Last edited:

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
not sure if mentioned before but here it goes...

Seems that pitch progression doesn't load up if you play through in one sitting... i played 5 sessions in one go without exiting, pitch didnt change at all. After exiting and coming back to it the following day suddenly wear/cracks appeared on first look after continuing.

Same can be said in my initial day/night test. The light progression seems to do the same. Lights come on and slowly take effect but sky isnt too dark. But after re-loading it's dark and lights are in full effect.

Also seems so far for me anyway the AI don't review anything. Not even get the decision making screen like you did on older games to see if they will. Just a big one where given out LBW.. I then look at ball tracker.. Hit outside the line + missing by a 1-2 ball widths on both. May just be me tho only played through a few tests so far.

I know this may seem very small in terms of other issues mentioned in here but I'm always one for Pitch progression!!! :)

Last edited:

JustUrCommonGamer

School Cricketer
A friendly reminder to bring the batsman a touch further back behind the crease when batting against spin. Leaving the ball or trying to defend and missing, results in a stumping as it is.
Dragging the L-stick down once to bring the batsman back one step seems to slove this... When you remember to do so.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I cant play any Mens casual games from last night.... I don't know what has gone wrong.... As soon as i open casual mens match and tend to select a team, the game crashes to desktop without any error messages...... Career runs fine though ....It is frustrating guys...... Any solution...??
Women's casual runs without problem

i have exactly the same problem finally its not just me.I am not happy that you have this but maybe if we nag enough someone will look into this for us.
Its weird because as you say everything else works fine.I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but the old saves and downloads come back.My guess is a dodgy download somewhere that has broken it but as yet i haven't found a way to as it were restore factory settings so that it is just like when i first installed it.

J4zz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
i have exactly the same problem finally its not just me.I am not happy that you have this but maybe if we nag enough someone will look into this for us.
Its weird because as you say everything else works fine.I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but the old saves and downloads come back.My guess is a dodgy download somewhere that has broken it but as yet i haven't found a way to as it were restore factory settings so that it is just like when i first installed it.
@MattW @BigAntStudios pls look into it..
Ya, i too think the downloaded team causes this problem as the game ran the casual mens matches without any problem before downloading certain teams...... Now after a week of playing career, i tried to switch to play some casual game with my friends and it bucks me right at the start ,

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Please zip and attach the whole Documents\My Games\Ashes folder from your machine.

J4zz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Last edited:

J4zz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
s
sorry i mean to say that at the end of the 3rd day my opponents have 3 wickets left but it's showing that they lost the match
You win on countback??

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Had this appear when trying to share a team.

2piZ7Bg.jpg

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Anyone else had a problem with their gamepad? The game doesnt seem to register the Down and Left on my right analog stick which makes it difficult to play through fine leg sometimes and also I cant select the "bounce" options for some spin deliveries. I thought it was my old controller being duff but I just got a brand new one and I have the exact same problem. Calibrating in Windows doesn't fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread