New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you’re still have issues with pre-meditation and are automatically ok the front foot, then you either need to change the difficulty level or change the ball makrer time. There is a reason it’s difficult to play it off the front foot - because you’re not really supposed to.

It shouldn't be playable on the front foot. It shouldn't matter if some people really want it, it's meant to be a cricket simulation, not stick cricket.

@Snowy I don't have any issues with pre-meditation and changing the difficulty doesn't help because I connect all the other shots well. In every level of difficulty there should be enough time given to connect all kind of shots.

@Alberts Front foot pull shot and cut shot are genuine cricketing shots. I'm not asking for short balls to be smashed straight which happens rarely in real cricket too. In DBC14 & 17 its a real treat to play and connect those pull shots ( you call them stick cricket? ).

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
@MattW
My First Impression after playing 100 overs of batting in different match types(played on both medium and hard)
Note: This is just based on my experience.

Positives:
- New timing: its bit annoying now but have to get used to it
- Six hitting difficulty
- commentry updates
- AI Bowling - line and Length
- AI Fielding positions
- New ground outfield patterns
- Pitch Visuals

Neutral:
- over powered short force for some of the ground shots

Negative:
- No edges in more than 100 overs of batting.
- some good timed shots are still going to wrong directions.

Suggestion:
-Please concentrate more on limited overs human batting for the next patch.
- please look into dismissal variations for human batting. Most of the wickets in the current patch are caught out while trying to hit a six.
How is the timing different?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Can't bowl a swinging ball. It now has no movement in the air and just moves off the pitch. I have tried to change the seam position, I achieve perfect on the timing gauges, but replays show that the seam position is never right. I don't know whether it is intentional to make bowling swing harder, but there is now only movement off the pitch.

No sound when the ball hits the bat when bowling.

AI Batsmen mentality in Tests is still too aggresive

AI field placing much better.

Pro Cam now great for batting.

Who’s the AI team??

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
@Snowy I don't have any issues with pre-meditation and changing the difficulty doesn't help because I connect all the other shots well. In every level of difficulty there should be enough time given to connect all kind of shots.

@Alberts Front foot pull shot and cut shot are genuine cricketing shots. I'm not asking for short balls to be smashed straight which happens rarely in real cricket too. In DBC14 & 17 its a real treat to play and connect those pull shots ( you call them stick cricket? ).

You mentioned changing footwork - which implies premeditation or decision to play on the front foot by default.

If you see red, play back. The timing mechanism is the same.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
You mentioned changing footwork - which implies premeditation or decision to play on the front foot by default.

If you see red, play back. The timing mechanism is the same.
I dont see any issues playing back foot shots. But it looks like his requirement is to allow front foot shots on short pitch bowling.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I dont see any issues playing back foot shots. But it looks like his requirement is to allow front foot shots on short pitch bowling.

Which would serve near no purpose other than validating pre-meditation and playing everything on the front foot.

Being able to change the length marker timing specifically aids in the attempt so elimante pre-meditation and determine footwork based on length. The later timing window also greatly assists with this

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Which would serve near no purpose other than validating pre-meditation and playing everything on the front foot.

Being able to change the length marker timing specifically aids in the attempt so elimante pre-meditation and determine footwork based on length. The later timing window also greatly assists with this
I agree with you.... The new timing now give you more time to react... So there wont be any premeditation required.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I agree with you.... The new timing now give you more time to react... So there wont be any premeditation required.

Exactly. So he can play it off the back foot, as designed. I think we’re in agreement

TheRealThing

School Cricketer
Not sure how the swing issue was missed .....
Should of gone to specsavers.[DOUBLEPOST=1524722804][/DOUBLEPOST]Nice work beta team.
Not too obvious of an issue to miss the ball just randomly moving wherever it wants :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread