Bug Report Discussion

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Platform: Steam
Game Mode: N/A
Issue: Game Crashes during interactive replay
Bug description: Game crashes during the 'Interactive Replay.' Happens only when 'reversing' the clip. Doesn't happen all the time but let's say once in about 4 attempts.

ndineth

Club Cricketer
Could I get a copy of your save data? Go to Documents\My Games\Ashes and add the entire contents to a zip file, and then either attach here or send me a message with it.

Thanks Matt. I've uploaded a copy of my save data. Appreciate if you could have a look.

Attachments

• Ashes.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 1

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Platform: Steam
Game Version: 0.1.01.0493
Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: Test
Teams used: England/New Zealand - created by llewelynf and edited by myself
Ground:
Edgbaston (custom)
Over Count: 20.3
Issue (one line description): Dimissal fault
Bug description (detail):
Bowled a delivery, struck the batsman on the back pad, the ball looped up to slip and the catch was given. No contact with the bat. No review taken. (Video available if required)

Known issue..

Pat

International Coach
Has anyone else noticed that the bug where the fields would change randomly is back on the latest patch (1.0.7)? It doesn't happen as often as it did in DBC 17 days, but happens once or twice every match for sure. Have seen it three times now while playing online.

Also, not really a bug but spinners seem way too overpowered now. It's extremely tough playing against a spinner on Veteran/Legend especially on a dusty wicket.

ndineth

Club Cricketer
Could I get a copy of your save data? Go to Documents\My Games\Ashes and add the entire contents to a zip file, and then either attach here or send me a message with it.
Hi Matt, I'm still having the same issue even after today's update. Game only crashes when I accept an offer from the national team (Sri Lanka). If I decline it, I can continue and I can accept offers from any other team (county, IPL) without any issues. I've unlinked Sri Lanka team and still no luck. Please help

Attachments

• Ashes.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 5

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Platform: PS4
Game Version: Latest patch as of 5/4/18
Game Mode: Training
Issue: Camera pan/watch mode after striking the ball is too short

When you are batting at the grounds option the camera cuts off before your shots land on most 6 hits or any lofted shot that hangs in the air "too long"

I am sure it is on a cut off timer in the code but it's too short. It needs to go about another 3 seconds at least.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Game Version: Latest patch 1.09
Game Mode: any
Issue:
when you appeal the commentator nearly always says not sure why they're appealing even if its given out. Only started happening in 1.09 before they never used to say that.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just a regarding the run out issue - you play a shot, fielder picks up, throws down the stumps while your batsman casually stands outside his crease. From what I can tell it seems to be involving the prod shot. I'd noticed it happening a couple of times that shot came out, so I purposefully tried it and sure enough it was a run out.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, if not, hopefully it might help.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Platform: Ps4 pro
GameVersion: 1.08
Game Mode:Any
Match Type: Any
Teamsused:
Academy
Ground: Any
Bug Description: Wicket keeper takes super human catches down the legside for spinners.
Issue detail: wicket keepers takes catches which are impossible to take in real life. Happens when spinners are bowling and when the shot is hit down the leg and has come off the middle of the bat.

@Mohammed Sherry

Posting a video also along with this will help them I think.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Platform: Ps4 pro
GameVersion: 1.08
Game Mode:Any
Match Type: Any
Teamsused:
Academy
Ground: Any
Bug Description: Wicket keeper takes super human catches down the legside for spinners.
Issue detail: wicket keepers takes catches which are impossible to take in real life. Happens when spinners are bowling and when the shot is hit down the leg and has come off the middle of the bat.

@Mohammed Sherry

Posting a video also along with this will help them I think.
I posted this video earlier in bug reporting thread.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Matt, I'm still having the same issue even after today's update. Game only crashes when I accept an offer from the national team (Sri Lanka). If I decline it, I can continue and I can accept offers from any other team (county, IPL) without any issues. I've unlinked Sri Lanka team and still no luck. Please help
Hey, apologies for the delay - I've just put an update live on Steam that will fix this for you.

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
GameVersion: Latest patch 1.09
Game Mode: T20 D/N match
Teams Played: Aus 90s vs South Africa (AI)
Difficulty: Veteran
Ground: Wanderers
Mode: Competition

Bug Description: Lot's of stuttering / lag making the game almost unplayable.

Details:
I've experienced some lag/stutters on previous versions of Ashes when playing on my PS4 but it usually comes and goes and doesn't hinder gameplay. However, after the latest patch, I'm experiencing a lot more stuttering.

In the case above, I was playing a T20 and after about the 15th over of the first innings, there was a lot of stutter, which continued even into the second inning making the game almost unplayable.

Last edited:

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Platform: Xbox One
Game Version: 1.0.0.9
Game Mode: Ashes women
Match Type: odi
Teamsused: Australia
Ground: allan border field and Coffs harbour
Bug Description: analog stick spins in opposite direction when bowling with a spinner
Issue detail:
when bowling with an off spinner, the left stick needs to be rotated anticlockwise, or clockwise if bowling a doosra. Vice Versa for a leg spin bowler. I believe a noticed this after returning to a saved gamrgam the first odi of the series. It was working as usual before this. Has continued into the second odi as well. Have not noticed it in any other match. Only bowled spin after returning to saved game in the current match so I can't say for certain whether it is related to a saving issue.
@Zhish the left stick doesn't dictate direction of rotation. It did in DBC14 but not in Ashes. Spin direction is based on delivery selection. You can rotate the LS in whichever direction you're more comfortable with.

Zhish

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
@Zhish the left stick doesn't dictate direction of rotation. It did in DBC14 but not in Ashes. Spin direction is based on delivery selection. You can rotate the LS in whichever direction you're more comfortable with.
Thank you Plotinus, but that doesn't appear to be true. For spinners, there is an arrow around the circle which indicates the direction you must rotate it: if I try in the opposite direction it doesn't achieve any spin.
Further, when bowling a traditional off spinner with a right hander, I would expect to rotate the stick clockwise. But the arrow indicates anticlockwise and indeed only accepts rotation in this direction. The opposite is true If I choose to bowl a doorsa: where I would expect anticlockwise, I must rotate it clockwise.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I thought below issue was fixed , did anybody else got the same issue in 1.08?

Reactions: Ren

Users who are viewing this thread