Bug Report Discussion

myname1

School Cricketer
A few things that are pissing me off with Ashes Cricket on ps4.

1. The game assumes all Australian teams in career mode are called Adelaide. I play as Sydney and win a match, the commentators say "well played to Adelaide". Seriously?
2. Quite often when I hit a six the commentators will say it was a 4.
3. Names. The commentators sometimes refer to a player directly, AI or myself. And instead of saying the players name they just pause for like 3 seconds - "good fielding by ..............................".
4. Insane catches. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes the AI makes unnatural moves to get a catch. For example in a game I just played, a spin bowler bowled to me and I smacked it forward and mis-timed it, hitting it up but not enough for a 6. As I hit the bowl and while it started going up, the bowler turned around and ran to the other wicket to get ready for a run out. Once he got there he didn't face me or the bowl, he just jumped about 3 metres in the air and caught the bowl backwards without even looking at it. No tweaking way could someone do what he did. I watched the replay over and over in awe, the bowl also teleported itself near his hands so he could catch it, at first he was going to miss the catch but the bowl teleports itself into his grasp. Really bad coding. There have been other occasions when the AI made extremely unlikely catches.
5. Experience. Can someone tell me what is the point of this? I find that experience doesn't do anything at all, you just get a couple of 'levels', reach max level quickly and then continue to gain exp - but what does it all do? It doesn't seem to affect skill points at all. If I get a large performance bonus to exp, it does nothing to my SP gain from that match.

Wondering.. Are my replays saved somewhere? I would love to upload the replay of the bowler making an impossible catch.

On a positive note, the game is generally ok. But it is not worth the $79 AUD I paid.

Last edited:

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So when playing online, the aerial marker around the ball is always a full circle irrespective of whether the ball's line is outside off or leg. This makes picking line nearly impossible. Anyone playing online can confirm if this happens to them too? @jaraarrow @Killer26 @Jerm @AliKhan215

This has always been like this for the Online Section , since DBC14 .

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This has always been like this for the Online Section , since DBC14 .

Not sure but I guess it would be difficult for them to show this since it is completely under user's control right till the ball is released from the hands. But even a few milliseconds long input might be beneficial in judging the line.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A few things that are pissing me off with Ashes Cricket on ps4.

1. The game assumes all Australian teams in career mode are called Adelaide. I play as Sydney and win a match, the commentators say "well played to Adelaide". Seriously?
2. Quite often when I hit a six the commentators will say it was a 4.
3. Names. The commentators sometimes refer to a player directly, AI or myself. And instead of saying the players name they just pause for like 3 seconds - "good fielding by ..............................".

4. Insane catches. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes the AI makes unnatural moves to get a catch. For example in a game I just played, a spin bowler bowled to me and I smacked it forward and mis-timed it, hitting it up but not enough for a 6. As I hit the bowl and while it started going up, the bowler turned around and ran to the other wicket to get ready for a run out. Once he got there he didn't face me or the bowl, he just jumped about 3 metres in the air and caught the bowl backwards without even looking at it. No tweaking way could someone do what he did. I watched the replay over and over in awe, the bowl also teleported itself near his hands so he could catch it, at first he was going to miss the catch but the bowl teleports itself into his grasp. Really bad coding. There have been other occasions when the AI made extremely unlikely catches.
5. Experience. Can someone tell me what is the point of this? I find that experience doesn't do anything at all, you just get a couple of 'levels', reach max level quickly and then continue to gain exp - but what does it all do? It doesn't seem to affect skill points at all. If I get a large performance bonus to exp, it does nothing to my SP gain from that match.

Wondering.. Are my replays saved somewhere? I would love to upload the replay of the bowler making an impossible catch.

On a positive note, the game is generally ok. But it is not worth the $79 AUD I paid.

I have the solution to your first three issues... turn off the commentary. I'm serious. Turn off the commentary and turn up the in-game sounds in Audio Settings. The game's much better with in-game sounds instead of repetitive and incorrect commentary.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
So when playing online, the aerial marker around the ball is always a full circle irrespective of whether the ball's line is outside off or leg. This makes picking line nearly impossible. Anyone playing online can confirm if this happens to them too? @jaraarrow @Killer26 @Jerm @AliKhan215
I can confirm. Sometimes it shows opposite. Half circle blue ball direction towards wide of stumps, but instead it swings in Wasim Akram style on your stumps. There should be a MUCH better indication system. Right now it’s more a guess work where the ball will end up, which sucks. I hope Big ant fix this ASAP so we dont need to pre meditate. Issues like these, and the backfoot lofted cut/late cut going to mid on 80% of the time really makes you not play/enjoy the game.

Also: The swing/Cutter movement are way to big and unrealistic. Definitely should be toned down.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Platform: PS4
Game Version: 1.06
Game Mode: Acadamy Sharing
Match Type: Created Team uploading
Teams used: Custom
Ground: #N/A
Issue (one line description):
My lad is trying to upload a custom made but keeps getting rejected due to error message. He used to be able to upload to community but not this week
Bug description (detail):

Error Message copied below - won't let me upload pic as file too large.

Cannot add or update a child Row: a foreign key constraint fails ('ashes' _'team decals'. CONSTRAINT ' team_decals_ibfk_2' FOREIGN KEY (' decal_id') REFERENCES ' decals ( 'decal_id'))

clip_image002.jpg

@RedskinsUK just going by the description and thinking about why an error like that would be triggered, my best guess is as he edited an existing logo that's subsequently been unshared on the academy or something? or is this created from scratch?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I've got that issue to. And so has someone else judging by the bug thread. Hopefully it's something at Bug Ant's end, if it's happening to random people.

AliKhan215

Club Captain
There were so many common issues reported here which certainly ruins the basics/fun... specially in the online section. Non of them were fixed in the last patch except the modifiers working online. DBC 17 was also left behind without being patched and fixed. I hope @BigAntStudios really take this seriously and fix the issues within good time just like the rest of the developers around the world. This game shouldnt be handled like DBC 17. Please patch it soon and DO fix most of the common issues this time.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hey buddy, great job with your information. I am probably one of the few quiet ones here who reads everything and is patient enough to understand the other side as well. Just have few questions for you

1) Are the faces (we talked about last time) going to be fixed for non licensed players?
2) Will online game play be touched in the new patch)?
3) Will any commentary bugs improve?

Thanks for all the hard work you’ve been putting in and I do appreciate your response too.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Don’t have a video but I took a pic. This is what I’m talking about so it’s happening for almost every unlicensed player. Please help with that

Hey buddy, great job with your information. I am probably one of the few quiet ones here who reads everything and is patient enough to understand the other side as well. Just have few questions for you

1) Are the faces (we talked about last time) going to be fixed for non licensed players?
2) Will online game play be touched in the new patch)?
3) Will any commentary bugs improve?

Thanks for all the hard work you’ve been putting in and I do appreciate your response too.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Platform: Steam
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0482
Game Mode: Career
Match Type: N/A
Teams used: n?A
Ground: n?A
Over Count:n?A
Issue (one line description): Game crashes right after accepting an offer from national team
Bug description (detail):
The game was working fine until the update. I've finished the game I was playing in career mode and got an offer from the national team. Accepted it and the game crashed. Started again and tried. Crashed again. Declined the offer and then the game continues.
Could I get a copy of your save data? Go to Documents\My Games\Ashes and add the entire contents to a zip file, and then either attach here or send me a message with it.

Users who are viewing this thread