India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Wow eng pitches don't have swing as they used to be.

Both the teams lack quality swing bowlers in their lineup. Pitches are great, Willey took 4 wickets yesterday. Every player need to practice with purpose.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
True, Lyon wasn't as effective as I thought he would have been but Ashton bowled really well in my opinion. Englands spinners have completely outclassed ours.
Lyon bowled pretty well considering the English were smashing it everywhere. He deserves more chances. Agar has done really well, he fits perfectly at 7 being the all-rounder.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pitches in England have changed the most in the past 2-3 years (Especially in LO cricket)

I think its on purpose. Post the world cup England invested in filling up their batting lineup with strokemakers and aggressive batsmen. These kinds of pitches are there to assist them

Nothing wrong here (except for the really boring cricket being produced)

D

Deleted member 46200

Wow eng pitches don't have swing as they used to be. IF eng and ind bat on this flat pitches then every match will be 400+(If eng play spin duo well)
I doubt this but let's see what pitches are created for the series.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Both the teams lack quality swing bowlers in their lineup. Pitches are great, Willey took 4 wickets yesterday. Every player need to practice with purpose.
Australia has a promising swing bowler in Nick Winter. He excelled using the English Dukes in our summer...taking, at one stage, 25 wickets in 3 matches @ 20. Our cricket bosses could have taken a gamble and blooded him here as an audition for the Ashes in England next July. Perhaps they did not as these decks do not appear to be suiting any bowler. They are roads designed for batsmen. Having said that.. I did see some reverse swing from Wood and Willey.

Luke Wilson

School Cricketer
Got to fancy England to go all the way in the World Cup if they can take their current form into next year?

JP123

School Cricketer
It's ridiculous how good England batting is. Aussies really need Starc and Hazlewood in this side.

D

Deleted member 46200

Got to fancy England to go all the way in the World Cup if they can take their current form into next year?
Not a chance, No way, they wont x[DOUBLEPOST=1529695648][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's ridiculous how good England batting is. Aussies really need Starc and Hazlewood in this side.
Wait until there's something to play for then they gasp for air x

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Not a chance, No way, they wont x[DOUBLEPOST=1529695648][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wait until there's something to play for then they gasp for air x
Agree. Check this out as proof.

England has yet to win the World Cup, but has been runners-up three times (1979, 1987, 1992). Australia has won it three times. 1999, 2003, 2007 and has made the final 7 out of 11 times.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The English have a tendency to choke in the later stages of global cricket tournaments. As posted above^ they came to the finals three times, and when they looked so strong in CT 17 it was a surprise to see Pakistan restrict them to a low total.

Even though they are able to beat the best now, it doesn't guarantee it's their World Cup next year.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I think the one thing that holds Bailey back form being in the Aus team is he's old. I think CA want to look towards selecting talented, young players that can serve Australia for years to come. Bailey would have to miss out on the back of this logic. And Mitch Marsh isn't an awful idea for captain. He's come back stronger in the last few months, he can definitely would do good for the team. And he will have a bit less than a year to assemble this team together.
Although I agree to this fact, CA must understand for the coming world cup, they need someone strong as a captain. CA sometimes tends to ignore the fact that the team that won the CWC15 was built and nurtured by George Bailey for the previous 2 years. If he has done it once, he can do it again. By the time its his time to retire, Smith will be long back.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Bailey is good choice. It's on CA how they want to approach further and the CWC 19. If Mitch Marsh is that good of a captain. He'll have enough time for himself to establish and the team till the CWC 19.

Agree George would make an ideal captain for the occasion. This is a world cup and you need experience in big tournaments. How is Bailey's age important if he is still performing and in all formats. Another veteran making some big noise in England at the moment is Callum Ferguson. Both he and Bailey would be worth their weight in gold as mentors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread